Sign in to follow this  
Vikingo

New btr70

Hi all !

Just read at ofp.gamezone.cz that a new version of the great BTR70 addon by Sea Demon is ready for download. This time some bugs were corrected and some more introduced hehe like the transparent textures at the front of the BTR and some inside... But the new changes are so nice. The new front armored windows are very nice (the transparent bug at the edges when they close was fixed) Many new external details were added and I'm happy to see that the ammo boxes were removed from the side!

I hope to can have soon a modified version of this beta 5 with the adition of optics for driver (moving the periscopes a little inside and other things...) and I will try to fix the transparent stuff.

Now go and download this great beta 5... Cya!

Normally when people keep releasing versions of the same addons it annoys the **** out of me, but with an addon this good, I'll make an exception! biggrin.gif

Could someone please post the download link. I don't get allong with the download pages on ofp.gamezone.cz. The only BTR70 i can find is from 19.12.2002!? that can't be the recent version.

BTW: I realy like the addon it's GREAT!

It is an improvement in terms of detail but it's still too small and the annoying blue muzzle flash is still present. I think I'll wait for Vikingo's overhaul. Go to work Vikingo. smile.gif

It's great thing!! Makes a hell of fun to drive around with it on the island! smile.gif

Only things disturbing me by now is that the crew still consists of Spetsnaz, and that the interior is sumwhat low detailed. Hope that will be fixed in the final release!

Continue on making that great addons SeaDemon!

Regards

GM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GeneralMortars @ Jan. 10 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's great thing!! Makes a hell of fun to drive around with it on the island! smile.gif

Only things disturbing me by now is that the crew still consists of Spetsnaz, and that the interior is sumwhat low detailed. Hope that will be fixed in the final release!

Continue on making that great addons SeaDemon!

Regards

GM<span id='postcolor'>

+the muzzle flash is FUBAR tounge.gif

Beta 5? This is getting ridiculous! wink.gif

But seriously, the BTR seems like it isn´t being upgraded and fixed, just changed so that some things are fixed and other things are worse than in the last beta. confused.gif

But I still luv it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Jan. 12 2003,12:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What muzzle flash ? Muzzle flash bug ?<span id='postcolor'>

It´s a custom muzzle flash that looks dark, almost blueish, when you fire. In beta...2(?) it was still a normal colour. I´m not 100% sure that this is apparent on all 3d cards/systems, tough.

Update:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I'll wait for Vikingo's overhaul. Go to work Vikingo. <span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif I'm trying Munger.

I just try to start working with the meshes for make the modified version of the last one but something strange happens inside O2. When I open the model instead of see all meshes I only see parts of them in both of the two LODs there and also I don't see many of the things of the cargo part. So... I think I will have to hold until next version and see what happens.  I want to change these things:

-Have optics enabled for driver (I already did this in the modified version and I know it can be possible)

-Bring the mushle flash from old beta (the one that looks very yellow. Again I know this is possible)

-Have normal soldiers for crew instead special forces ones.

(easy change)

-Put some rotating sound for the turret.

-Fix the transparent bug of the front side of the unit.

But well at least I found the official readme for the addon! Instead of be inside the zip is inside the PBO ( !! )

Here it's and is not beta 5 -like I though- there says version 1.03.  So at least now we know which is the actual version...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Russian armored troop-carrier 70 (BTR70) - the model is created the SEA DEMON

The help in development of the given model rendered:

Kisliy - the help in a spelling of a config

TeaCup - Animation of a cargo

The version of model 1.03 Release

1. Structures are changed

The version of model 1.02 Release

1. The weapon for hand-to-hand fights is added.

Now Kick can be used even with a full unit of fire!!!

2. Some details of model are changed and added

3. Some structures are changed

4. The suspension bracket is added

5. Soldiers on the armored are added

version 1.01 Release

version 1.00 Release

At present the following changes are brought:

2. The model is optimized

3. Some details of model are changed and added

4. Periscopes at the driver and the commander are added

5. The corner of a turn is changed

6. Now the model can blow up on mines

7. Shadows are added

8. Opening and closing of windows

9. The armored troop-carrier 70 can float

Instructions:

Unzip and put in operation flashpoint\addons folder.

Note: original BTR 70

Disclaimer:

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage these addons might incur.

Nor will we be responsible for any problems you might encounter in installing or using this addon.

Any problems or questions with these addons should be directed to our bugreport forum.

We do our best to make the addons as faultless as possible, but cannot guarantee that there will not be any.

Be aware that if your make a mission that uses a custom addon, the addon will need to be distributed with your mission. <span id='postcolor'>

Well i will keep trying to fix this crazy.gif

Each hour I pass with O2 I admire more and more the real unit/addons creators, here just trying to modify others work and even that is hard. This is so hard and you can lost inside this meshes hell !!

Good night to all!

Vik

I was actually searching for hint with my muzzle flash problem when I depboed the BTR 70 to see its "zasleh" definition when I saw that the BTR70 has the same model/faces/points on all LODs!

I suggest you to simplfy the model on the upper LODs this way it will save game performance.

great addon though!

That's bullsh*t... you gotta log in to download...and in Russian no less... Screw that. If they insist on keeping it only for Russians well then that's their problem.

That kinda stuff pisses me off. At least most of the other non-English sites have made it easy for those who don't speak their language to still download their addons.

But since SeaDemon keeps adding more and more bugs to each version of this BTR's it's probably not worth the bother anyways.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have the file in zip format if someone will host the zipped BTR-80 I will send him anyone who can host it the file is 1.6MB and it works in version 1.90 and above it is beta the one I downloaded was Winrar but I conferted it to zip version wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is now a BTR-80 avaible on the russian site<span id='postcolor'>

Wooottt!!!  Hey upload that BTR nowww!! please biggrin.gif

can't wait for test it !  crazy.gif  finally BTR-80 for the game!

[EDITION] Well finally I can register at flashpoint.ru -using translation hehe- (great stuff there! ) and I was able to download the BTR80 alpha and I must say it will be great when finished! SEA DEMON did it again! In this version you can even open EACH door and "window" of the vehicle. That is so nice to see! Really a nice surprise. Hope new versions will arrive soon.

-sorry can't upload it to other place cos I don't have any server for do it. sure will be online at the main fan sites soon. Or do like me and use translation to register and download the things right now!- Thumbs up Sea Demon! Finally a BTR80 (and will be a nice one) for the game.

Vik