Hello everyone

I'm curious to ask if anyone could point me into the direction of how I can encrypt my pbo mission. Now just to clerify, I'm not against anyone who's new or willing to learn programming at all. I'm aginst those fair few who go out their ways to steal content and make it their own.

Is there anything i can do to protect my work?

Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Mikero's tool allow you to obfuscate your pbos but there's really no point in doing that since any protection has a workaround...

I'd love to see an official BIS encryption option/tool. You spend a hundred hours on a project, and the script kiddies just steal it in five minutes and put it on their Life Servers.

9 hours ago, Von Quest said:

I'd love to see an official BIS encryption option/tool. You spend a hundred hours on a project, and the script kiddies just steal it in five minutes and put it on their Life Servers.

Why won't they make one? 😮

Anything you can encrypt, you can usually find a hack or 3rd party solution to circumvent it.

Also, many believe it would discourage the open-source friendly environment of the modding community. I disagree....

It would ADD to the hobby. There would still be an open community. The forums and other sources would still be there for help and reference.

I personally refuse to release my best stuff until there is a reasonable way of protecting it.

there cant be one - especially not in practical terms

is there a license for use to forbid using ones work in encrypted mission files?

45 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

is there a license for use to forbid using ones work in encrypted mission files?

Yes, I see a few included in downloads sometimes, but enforcing them is an issue.