soupdragon

stuck on missioan 2 "going Dark"

I am at the point in the mission where I have to sent a broadcast to the squad guarding the thing at the helipad.  But for the life of me I cannot get the music to play and disrupt the squadleaders radio.

I am pointing the spectrum device at the squad leader choosing music from the list of recordings but when I press fire (left mouse button) no music is played.  How the heck do I do it?  I have watched youtube vids and trawled the forums to see if Im doing something wrong but so far no luck.

The instructions on the Spectrum device are pretty vague and sketchy to be honest.   So far the campaign has been great it would be a shame to spoil it with a silly thing like this.

Any help much appreciated.

SD

I can't change figure out how to move forward either. 

Spoiler

I'm told to switch to the recorded messages screen to send a fake message to the guards at site 2 but I don't know how to change screens on the spectrum device. It looks like there may be some buttons on the bottom of the spectrum devices screen but I can't see them, they are off the bottom of the screen. Thanks in advance for any help.

If keeping the left mouse button does not work, I recommend verify game integrity on steam, but that usually doesn't do much. Worst of the worst, do a clean re-install, and perhaps also deleting the following folder: Documents - Arma 3 Other Profiles - "Your player name" - Saved - A3 - Missions_F_Contact"  so the Missions_F_Contact I would delete too, then reinstall all and start from scratch. I did not have that issue but that is what I would start with. If that doesn't work, def. report this to BI.

Go via button F to menu of device, select music and try again.

3 hours ago, Antilochos said:

Go via button F to menu of device, select music and try again.

Doesn't work, my f button dont do anything, i was watching a video on this chapter up to where your supposed to do that, guy in the video brought up a new screen

where he was able to choose between different audio recordings, but i have no idea how he got there, he had a help screen popup to his top left by pressing H i guess, but that dont work for me either.

I get the signal of the squad leader as he has the radio on his back but nothing works, what am i missing?

By default it is the F button for that screen where he can pick different recordings. Check your key bindings if your F is not taken by something else.

Whats F supposed to be in the controls?

Only thing i have F set for is for planes for countermeasures (F for flares).

When i reach that point where you get close and the other guy tells you to bring up the library i get the tutorial hint popup on the right but its unmapped

so im wondering what is the action for the key in the controls so i can map it?

I don't know that. You can always try putting all the default. If it then still not works, you at least know there is another problem.

I think the expected key is the next weapon (or fire mode?) bind. And it apparently needs to be F specifically. Some people have had problems when it's bound to some other key.

• Like 2

I helped @David ArmAstrong with working out his problem.

He had a bit to add to it as well once he fixed it for himself, might be worth looking at.

• Thanks 1

Ha i got it!

I had to bind my F key to next weapon which i already have set to middle ms button, this is great!

And i literally reinstalled the DLC too, verify integrity of cache, was no need,, luckily all my saves, and autosaves were intact, and i basically started where i left off, pressed the key and it opened up yay! :rthumb:

Thanks guys for your patience and input, solved my issue, so for those having the same issue there is no way around it

bind your F key to the action next weapon, that can be found under the weapon section in the controls!

• Like 2