Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Cherry on the cake, the "drop vehicle instead of crate" module can now be used with airplanes.

Keep your mod updated!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, redarmy said:

 

I ran into an issue when a squad were walking over a mine.What happened was a claymore went off,putting all but the squad leader into a revive state,the revive process happened,and everyone was revived,but after that,all of the guys who needed to be revived got stuck in the prone position and unable to get them out of it in any way other than forcing them to join players group and issuing a stand up command.

 

Some other odd behaviour is that AI going to heal is usually getting stuck in place or running around unable to locate the downed team mate(in this case he is also being ignored by enemy and ignoring enemy). He often goes into a safe/careless mode other times and simply stands in place.

 

I just reinstalled Arma and am running with no other mods.Possible issue from the new Arma3 update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, redarmy said:

I ran into an issue when a squad were walking over a mine.What happened was a claymore went off,putting all but the squad leader into a revive state,the revive process happened,and everyone was revived,but after that,all of the guys who needed to be revived got stuck in the prone position and unable to get them out of it in any way other than forcing them to join players group and issuing a stand up command.

 

I need to make some reproducible events like this. Not easy.

 

6 hours ago, redarmy said:

Some other odd behaviour is that AI going to heal is usually getting stuck in place or running around unable to locate the downed team mate(in this case he is also being ignored by enemy and ignoring enemy). He often goes into a safe/careless mode other times and simply stands in place.

 

In complex environment (for AIs not for player), for example when the wounded is near a wall or at house level or.. when any AI can't find a path (path is calculated by Arma engine), there are 2 or 3 attempts to close the wounded, then a timer to proceed for healing, sometimes a little far from him. I didn't find better way but any idea easily transposable in decent code is welcome.

 

The temporary captive mode for "medic" is an intended behavior. That doesn't mean this guy can't be shot in a melee, that means he has much more chance to finish the job. What is sure, without that, you can stack the corpses of medic for medic for medic... for first victim. Usually, that's fine. Sometimes AI medics are killed in action, the script manages that, medic is victim at his turn and needs to be healed...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

 

I need to make some reproducible events like this. Not easy.

 

 

In complex environment (for AIs not for player), for example when the wounded is near a wall or at house level or.. when any AI can't find a path (path is calculated by Arma engine), there are 2 or 3 attempts to close the wounded, then a timer to proceed for healing, sometimes a little far from him. I didn't find better way but any idea easily transposable in decent code is welcome.

 

The temporary captive mode for "medic" is an intended behavior. That doesn't mean this guy can't be shot in a melee, that means he has much more chance to finish the job. What is sure, without that, you can stack the corpses of medic for medic for medic... for first victim. Usually, that's fine. Sometimes AI medics are killed in action, the script manages that, medic is victim at his turn and needs to be healed...

The captive mode for healer is actually a good idea(seamless as i didnt notice it before).

 

And yeah my test of this issue was done in an urban area(Molos town,NE of Altis).Lots of alley ways and such.However i did notice one of the downed AI was in a totally pathable area(middle of a crossroad) and the healer/medic got to his position but then moved away before healing(possibly he was looking for another AI)

 

Isee the limitation that your talking about with the engine and pathing,and having no ability to script very well i cant think of a better way to fix it. However , what if the script could calculate if the downed AIs position was not pathable,and if so,set its position to the nearest location which is by teleporting the unit? That would in most cases constitute a few feet and may look clean enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Path calculation is made between a position and a destination. It's possible but resource consuming to check a spiral of positions until finding a reachable one for an AI, from its position. And teleportation can kill immersion. The players are also concerned by that when AIs try to heal them. 

 

More than that, you already experienced a bad case with AIs stuck in prone stance. I thought this was the past, not seeing that for a while, but that proves a complex situation, with already complex codes, can fail due to scheduler (I think), so some codes fail to be terminated in due time. Difficult (for me) to add extra-codes in this context. There is no easy solution.

Big thanks anyway for your feedback and suggestion. I'm touched by any post about my work and I'm keeping all issues or improvements in mind, just in case of a "flash" to advance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These modules are now compatible with SOG prairie fire

 

You can spawn Vietnamese civilians...
You can add car traffic (of any sides), spawn SOG groups in patrol areas, spawn SOG group for attacks,...

you can put the fire firing at barrels or fuel tanks...

... stick charges on doors/walls (mind for a blast efficiency, the mines/explo are not weak!)

you can breach (i.e. cut wires with a toolkit (any) or blast hedgehogs and other obstacles)...

btw, the barbed wires can puncture your wheels...

... and all usual aspects of this Swiss tool for mission makers.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

These modules are now compatible with SOG prairie fire

 

You can spawn Vietnamese civilians...
You can add car traffic (of any sides), spawn SOG groups in patrol areas, spawn SOG group for attacks,...

you can put the fire firing at barrels or fuel tanks...

... stick charges on doors/walls (mind for a blast efficiency, the mines/explo are not weak!)

you can breach (i.e. cut wires with a toolkit (any) or blast hedgehogs and other obstacles)...

btw, the barbed wires can puncture your wheels...

... and all usual aspects of this Swiss tool for mission makers.
 

Nice update @pierremgi

 

Had a question and a request.

Is there any way to blacklist an area for civilian traffic? Or to disable traffic spawning once combat has been initiated in an area?

 

And regarding civs,is there a way you can add a spawning distance parameter ?Im not sure what the default is but it seems player must be very close to the location.The idea i have here is that a player doing some sort of recon on a town could be quite a distance away,trying to look for enemy within the town,having civs mixed in with possible enemy adds more immersion.

 

If not,i understand i can spawn them at mission start so that works perfectly fine with just a few locations without worrying about performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Nice update @pierremgi

 

Had a question and a request.

Is there any way to blacklist an area for civilian traffic? Or to disable traffic spawning once combat has been initiated in an area?

 

And regarding civs,is there a way you can add a spawning distance parameter ?I'm not sure what the default is but it seems player must be very close to the location.The idea i have here is that a player doing some sort of recon on a town could be quite a distance away,trying to look for enemy within the town,having civs mixed in with possible enemy adds more immersion.

 

If not,i understand i can spawn them at mission start so that works perfectly fine with just a few locations without worrying about performance

 

Traffic (civilian or not) has parameters for mods and a field for any extra code as a filter (see hint on parameter).

I could add a field for a condition, so the mission maker could script anything like your wish for player's behavior...

Note: The traffic doesn't work by area but proximity with each player (in fact 3 of them max. or randomized in a loop)

 

For civs, I think you are speaking about civilian life module, so pedestrian (not cars) you can choose what you want as spawning area(s), just linking multiple triggers (no condition or else, that's just for the area). Don't hesitate to add multiple triggers, even on same town if the max population on not satisfactory... but all civilians are units (not agents) and have waypoints... That was for simplifying the human bomber code, at start. So, the resource can be impacted with too many civilians.
Spawning far (depending on view distance, binoculars or optics...) erfff... I should test. And yes, you can spawn civilian at start by option. But I admit it's not the best solution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pierremgi said:

 

Traffic (civilian or not) has parameters for mods and a field for any extra code as a filter (see hint on parameter).

I could add a field for a condition, so the mission maker could script anything like your wish for player's behavior...

Note: The traffic doesn't work by area but proximity with each player (in fact 3 of them max. or randomized in a loop)

 

For civs, I think you are speaking about civilian life module, so pedestrian (not cars) you can choose what you want as spawning area(s), just linking multiple triggers (no condition or else, that's just for the area). Don't hesitate to add multiple triggers, even on same town if the max population on not satisfactory... but all civilians are units (not agents) and have waypoints... That was for simplifying the human bomber code, at start. So, the resource can be impacted with too many civilians.
Spawning far (depending on view distance, binoculars or optics...) erfff... I should test. And yes, you can spawn civilian at start by option. But I admit it's not the best solution.

 

Oh nice i didnt realise i could use one module for the civ placement via triggers.

 

Does the civ placement and traffic script detect players in aircraft? And does height matter to spawn distance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes and no.
Fair air assets, civilian populate detects only helicopters flying below 20 m (So in approach most of the time). But  no air plane.
For car traffic, the player must not be in air assets (there is no time for spawning something decent and resource friendly). So player must be on foot or inside a land vehicle.

 

I know I must write a notice for these modules...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Yes and no.
Fair air assets, civilian populate detects only helicopters flying below 20 m (So in approach most of the time). But  no air plane.
For car traffic, the player must not be in air assets (there is no time for spawning something decent and resource friendly). So player must be on foot or inside a land vehicle.

 

I know I must write a notice for these modules...

All that makes perfect and performant logical sense.

 

I assume using a UAV while player is touching ground physically will still spawn traffic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way in the revive for player module you could tweak it to enforce the players side to its previous side(blufor etc) and add a player rating? 

 

The reason i ask is that because of vanilla,if player pilots a helo,crashes and all embarked passengers die,the player then gets a negative rating and becomes hostile to his side.In this case because of the revive i survive the helo crash,but if my passengers were killed on landing all other groups on my side will be hostile.

 

I tried using zeus to set side,after revive(which your module also does) but it didnt help.I think in vanilla if you die in a helo crash and have passengers on board,it doesnt matter because your dead..reload etc..but with MGI revive their are now alternative situations playing out.

 

Its just a small thing and probably very situational but just wanted to mention it.I can probably create a trigger to add rating in my own scenario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done.
The Mp revive heal is now compatible with MP editor / attributes multiplayer  - revive mode enabled for basic incapacitation mode (player always fall unconscious instead of dead).

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×