Sign in to follow this  
Pierrot

Propositions toward next patches

Although we are inside buildings, for example hard castle, we will be easily blown when a hand grenade hits the outside of the building. I can accept my death when laser guided bomb hits the castle, but only one hand grenade! I want this bug to be fixed.

Another problem: hand grenade in OFP explodes immediately when it touches the ground. In addition, I want usual type of hand grenade, like America's Army's; it explodes in certain time. And I want not only over throw, but also under throw if possible. tounge.gif

How about an elevation thingy for when placing objects in the editor? Its a pain to try and get a single guy in the tower when using the editor, let alone a script. I think it would be easier if we can just set elevation of the object via the editor. So if I wanted the guy on the second floor instead of the roof or third floor on a building, I can just put a elevation for the object. 0 would probobly be ground level.

You know what? Probobly just ignore me! I probobly have no idea what I'm saying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 02 2003,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sphinx @ Jan. 01 2003,20wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Jan. 01 2003,12:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A kind of snap-to-grid function in the editor and a realtime preview-window would help placing objects without previewing the mission 10 times. Kinda like the GR-editor.<span id='postcolor'>

How hard is the GR editor ? Can a moron use it ?<span id='postcolor'>

ermm I guess I was a moron. I did'nt understand didley-sh** tounge.gif

But the realtime preview in a window helped to ease moving stuff around<span id='postcolor'>

YES!!!!

The OFP editor's "abstract" (to put it mildly) view is really counterproductive for some things.

I'd like to see an in-engine overhead view, or some sort of accurate representation of one where the objects are displayed to scale and positioned exactly where their coordinates say they are. I noticed the OFP editor view doesn't even display all the buildings that are in the maps. Go to Levie on Everon, see the big buildings? Look in the editor for them, they're not shown.

As ACEs Kevin said and other at least 2 gunner option. I was watching platoon and when there pulling out on the hueys and useing bolth M60s so cool same in we were soliders. Also i think before they go on to makeing further ofp stuff add some new animations. The whole realism scale for geting in a car is so low people just dont appear in one.

Ok Heres a List...

Multiple Proxy Weapons on Aircraft...

I want it to allow multiple Gunners...

And of Course... Better Ai Dogfighting, and better Aircraft Physics with some new options and whatever else Bis would like to throw in for the aircraft.

AND WHATEVER ELSE BIS would like to put in the next patch... Hopefully some of the stuff i listed...

An amphibian class for float planes.

The ability fo a guy to survive in the water depending upon his skill level.

Get out of one vehicle and into another while on the water, e.g. from boat to plane/helo and vice versa

I've said it before, and i'll say it again - Getheaddir, Setheaddir and disableai "headmove"  tounge.gif

I will not rest until the dude who is meant to be watching the commander stops staring at the attractive looking sink over in the corner. wink.gif

Also, more controls for dialogs like checkboxes and such biggrin.gif  wow.gif

Gameer

From a modders point of view:

- multiple gunner positions

- availiability of gunner positions on aircraft

- custom animation of memory LOD

- the return of the transportVehicle cpp parameter as was originally intended

- improved AI

- possibility to add .rtm animations to weapons to make reload anims.

do not despair people we just have 9 patches to go untill OFP is officially version 2 biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- wheeled vehicles able to use missiles<span id='postcolor'>

I though they already can confused.gif I mean, the Bradley has TOW's...

Bradley is a tracked, not wheeled vehicle and borrows its properties from the Tank class while we want vehicles inheriting properties from Car class to have ability to fire rockets.

Im no coder in any way but couldent u just take a tracked wheeled "class" And reskin it to LOOK like a wheeled vehicle? Then just take away the tracks it makes a viola

Rifle weapons on back set behaviour of a unit in SAFE mode. Weapon on hand, automatically sets behaviour on AWARE mode. This can be returned and it is useful for lots of things.

Unfortunatelly, this is not true for handguns and you must get down on your knee to change behaviour to AWARE. This is annoying because now that we have handguns, there's no difference between having them on back or actually showing them on your hand.

Regards.

Guest BratZ

Ability to fire from vehicle positions

Proxys that can have vehicle class (turrets etc...)

Way to determine angle

Able to shut off collision detection on units (make sticky)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Able to shut off collision detection on units (make sticky) <span id='postcolor'>

Um, that would just mean that they would pass through each other...

One thing I would really like would be for vehicles setpos'd above ground not to look like they were still on the ground: if the terrain at [x,y,0] is slanted. a vehicle setpos'd at [x,y,50] will be slanted as if it is sitting on the ground (at least that's what it did when I tested one of my scripts just before...) This is where having: 3ddirection unit   and   unit set3ddirection 3ddirectionarray, would be useful...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ Jan. 09 2003,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im no coder in any way but couldent u just take a tracked wheeled "class" And reskin it to LOOK like a wheeled vehicle? Then just take away the tracks it makes a viola<span id='postcolor'>

hmm...logical thinking done here i see...can u retexture a Bradley so it would resemble a Humwvv? Tanks behave differently in game than cars.

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Liquid_Silence @ Jan. 09 2003,05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Able to shut off collision detection on units (make sticky) <span id='postcolor'>

Um, that would just mean that they would pass through each other...

<span id='postcolor'>

Ya so? Itd be ok to transport lets say a jeep in a ch47

Just enable the detection when u land...its better than we have now.

If you have a jeep in a CH47 and turn off vehicle detection, then when ou take off, the jeep will stay on the ground.

And if you setPos it to make it stay in the aircraft, you may as well have collision detection on, cause setPos ignores it (collision detection) anyway...

Guest BratZ

I didnt say remove the normal geometry,

take this for example....you raise the landing gear on your plane before taking off,the plane before it even hits the ground starts bouncing and such ,thinking its collided

keeps bouncing till its destroyed,the game has seperate collision detection that it is using asides normal 3d geometry

Run into a fence ,it falls over,run into a helicopter ,or knock it over think it will stay?

Some objects are just objects,others it needs to check because it might be a vehicle

When you ride on planes, the sight from the cockpit is bad because the front panel prevents you from seeing outside. I hope BIS adds an option that disable front panels. The dog fight on the Camel would be easier.

Second, about mission editing. In the description.ext, there is a class such like this;

class CfgSFX

{

New scripting commands for changing/reading the text of a marker and set its orientation ("angle" in the editor): setMarkerText, getMarkerText, setMarkerAngle and getMarkerAngle. Like so:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

marker setMarkerText text

getMarkerText marker

marker setMarkerAngle angle

getMarkerAngle marker

<span id='postcolor'>

I can think of a few uses for this...

Secondly, a few more events to use with the event handlers:

* An event indicating an "Ammo low" state.  (Seeing how we have "Dammaged" and "Fuel" already)

Would like: the ability to order an AI pilot to *land* (not disembark).

Suggestion: put that in the "Mount" radio menu (4), directly under "1 Disembark", if applicable to the selected AI.

Thereby: 4-1  is "Disembark", 4-2 would be "Land"

Don't disable the front view of the cockpit but make it more interactive so the user finds it easier to use. Maybe have push buttons?

A "ForceMiss Target" command, that forces a unit to fire but always miss a target. Useful for cutscenes and dramatic effect during missions.

Echo calls for gunners in planes and missiles on cars.

1. Improved Aircraft/Chopper AI in particular the ability to consistently make choppers/tanks follow waypoints to within one metre.

It'd be great to make flashy stuff like Littlebird rooftop insertions and street Medevac possible.