gc8

playSound3D arguments

I have already to published scripts with playsound3d and a say3d  loop and attachto.

Check here :

10 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I have already to published scripts with playsound3d and a say3d  loop and attachto.

Check here :

Do you mean that you are able to get playSound3D to move with a vehicle using the attachTo trick?

I only ask because I ran into this problem last year when BIS reduced the volume of the "say" command, I switched to playSound3D because it can be a lot louder, but I could not get it to move, not even with attachTo. But you attach it to a particlesource and that makes it move? Just asking because that would be super awesome.

• Like 1

Strange I cant get say3D to work.

(vehicle player) say3D "TestSound1";

No sound

I got say3D working... player must be in third person view in order to hear the sound.

So if I do this in the console (must be in third person view):

(vehicle player) say3D "TestSound1";

it works

but not if I put that in init.sqf, probably because of player starting in first person view (which also the wiki states)

Edited by gc8
wiki

That attenuation is why I started using playSound3D, but I could not get the sound to move. Did you try what George suggested with the particlesource and playsound3D? That would be ideal.

2 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

player say3D "TestSound1";

Still needs to be in third person

It's funny even you play the sound (say3D) with another object player wont hear it in first person

8 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Still needs to be in third person

No , it's working

try :

[] spawn {
while {true} do {
player say3D "TestSound1";
sleep 2;
};
};

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

No , it's working

Ah sorry I forgot one important detail, I was in vehicle... quad bike

• Haha 2

Anyone found a way to play3D sound continuously? I am trying to play air raid alarm continuously: 

playSound3D ["\a3\data_f_curator\sound\cfgsounds\air_raid.wss", spkr,false,[14624.6,16602.4,0],4,1,300];

On 12/13/2023 at 12:21 PM, kibaBG said:

Anyone found a way to play3D sound continuously? I am trying to play air raid alarm continuously: 

playSound3D ["\a3\data_f_curator\sound\cfgsounds\air_raid.wss", spkr,false,[14624.6,16602.4,0],4,1,300];

Have you tried putting it into an while (true) loop? Just check how many seconds does this sound last so your loop doesn't overlap or anything, then after that playsound command put a "sleep XX" and replace XX with seconds.

I've used this IIRC with success.

nul = [objectsVarName] spawn {while {true} do {(_this select 0) say3D "SOUNDNAME"; sleep 17;};};
sleep 1000;

17 is the total time of the sound play time.

Edited by major-stiffy
relized say3D requires the sound name not varname