Is there a method for replacing JBAD buildings with CUP buildings on a terrain by making a terrain patch pbo with a config file?

You could, if the buildings are essentially the same.

Create a new config.cpp, create new entries inheriting from the CUP buildings, using the JBAD class names for your new entries.

class CfgVehicles {
    class CUP_BuildingClassNames;
    class JBAD_BuildingClassName: CUP_BuildingClassNames {
    };
};

thanks! can this be used to replace with a different building model instead?

Yes, but it would be for every instance of that building on the terrain. You wouldn't be able to change individual buildings without re-engineering the terrain itself. Though, since I've never done that, or made a terrain at all, I'm not sure what replacing building models would do to what the building outline would look like on the map in the map screen or GPS view. My guess is it would still take the shape of the original building.

• Thanks 1

I will definitely give it a go on this. I hate to have to run a script every time I use a terrain

Im working currently on it, pm me or https://discord.gg/bTBUVBB

So far ive got all JBAD building in a list with CUP counterpart, if none available or not found my script will replace "empty" with a sign in the config.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dDqutplTn-oDFWYajzjlh0nWt_Djg5NguB8-nWjWJk/edit?usp=sharing

Config:

https://pastebin.com/YjFpijKW

Ive made dummy configs for all jbad cfgPatches which gonna require the config above.

Example:

Spoiler

class CfgPatches {
class Jbad_Bridge_Kammeny{
units[] = {};
requiredAddons[] = {"fox_jbad_replacement"};
};
};

The main problem i have is that "LYTHIUM" which i use to test still tries to load JBAD models, error msg:

Spoiler

13:13:35 jbad_misc\misc_well\jbad_misc_well_l.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_5.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_5.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_house_a\a_minaret\jbad_a_minaret.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_structures\afghan_house_a\a_minaret\jbad_a_minaret.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_chairs\kitchen_chair_a\jbad_kitchen_chair_a.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_misc\misc_chairs\kitchen_chair_a\jbad_kitchen_chair_a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_controltower\radio_b\jbad_radio_b.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_misc\misc_controltower\radio_b\jbad_radio_b.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_2.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:35 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house7_ruins.p3d
13:13:35 jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house7_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house3_ruins.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house3_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_5m_dam.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_5m_dam.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_1.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house6_ruins.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house6_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house8_ruins.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house8_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_corner.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_corner.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_5_d.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_cbrk_5_d.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house5_ruins.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\afghan_houses\jbad_house5_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:36 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_1_dam.p3d
13:13:36 jbad_structures\walls\wall_l\jbad_wall_l_mosque_1_dam.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:37 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_interior_firestation\jbad_kitchen_table_a.p3d
13:13:37 jbad_misc\misc_interior_firestation\jbad_kitchen_table_a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:37 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_garbage\jbad_misc_garb_4.p3d
13:13:37 jbad_misc\misc_garbage\jbad_misc_garb_4.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:37 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_construction\jbad_misc_palletsfoiled.p3d
13:13:37 jbad_misc\misc_construction\jbad_misc_palletsfoiled.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:37 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_decorations\flowers\jbad_flower_02.p3d
13:13:37 jbad_misc\misc_decorations\flowers\jbad_flower_02.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_construction\jbad_misc_rubble.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_construction\jbad_misc_rubble.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\mil\jbad_mil_barracks_ruins.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_structures\mil\jbad_mil_barracks_ruins.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\ind\ind_conveyer\jbad_ind_conveyer.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_structures\ind\ind_conveyer\jbad_ind_conveyer.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\afghan_houses_old\jbad_house_6_old_dam.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_structures\afghan_houses_old\jbad_house_6_old_dam.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_chair.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_chair.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_table.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_table.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_pillow.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_pillow.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_cables\jbad_misc_cable_rugs1.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_cables\jbad_misc_cable_rugs1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:38 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_a_buildingwip\jbad_cihly2.p3d
13:13:38 jbad_misc\misc_a_buildingwip\jbad_cihly2.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\cargo_cont\jbad_cargo1_int.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_structures\cargo_cont\jbad_cargo1_int.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_carpet.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_misc\misc_interier\jbad_carpet.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_a_buildingwip\jbad_koz.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_misc\misc_a_buildingwip\jbad_koz.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_indcnc_end_3.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_structures\walls\wall\jbad_wall_indcnc_end_3.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_chairs\lobby_chair\jbad_lobby_chair.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_misc\misc_chairs\lobby_chair\jbad_lobby_chair.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_misc\misc_controltower\tv_a\jbad_tv_a.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_misc\misc_controltower\tv_a\jbad_tv_a.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
13:13:39 LODShape::Preload: shape 'jbad_veg\plants\clutter\jbad_grassgreenlong.p3d' not found
13:13:39 Warning Message: Cannot open object jbad_veg\plants\clutter\jbad_grassgreenlong.p3d
13:13:39 jbad_veg\plants\clutter\jbad_grassgreenlong.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity;

1. Are you trying to have a script/mod that will replace the buildings at runtime? I.E when you load into the map it replaces all the buildings, this way you could in theory play on a map like Lythium without running JBAD.

2. If you are this will probably not work, as (this may no longer be the case) a reasonable proportion of the parallel objects across the packs had different root rotations. So you may be able to replace them, but they will be oriented incorrectly. 

3. Is there a specific Terrain you are looking into this regarding?

Regards,

Ben

1) on mod basis creating dummy jbad configs copied from existing cup entries. Jbad_xxx Createvehicle ... works in-game, it will create the cup model. But the map won't use it, something is still missing/wrong

2) currently it's only for testing if its even possible.

3) not rly I had lythium installed already.

Hi deathfox, I'm glad you are working on this. For the moment I'm busy with other things but will resume my experiments as soon as I can.

Good luck

On 12/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, BadHabitz said:

You could, if the buildings are essentially the same.

Create a new config.cpp, create new entries inheriting from the CUP buildings, using the JBAD class names for your new entries.

class CfgVehicles {
    class CUP_BuildingClassNames;
    class JBAD_BuildingClassName: CUP_BuildingClassNames {
    };
};

This makes full sense but I just tried this replacing trees with a test pole and the old trees are still there. No idea what to do next. Here's the config.hpp on my mod:

class CfgPatches {
	class BMFayshkhaburF {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"BMFayshkhabur", "A3_Data_F", "A3_Roads_F", "A3_Structures_F", "A3_Map_Data"};
		author = "b3lx";
	};
};

class CfgWorlds {
	class BMFayshkhabur;	// External class reference

class BMFayshkhaburF : BMFayshkhabur {
		class CfgVehicles {
			class FlagPole_EP1;
			class Land_shez_palm_01 : FlagPole_EP1 {
				scope = 2;
				displayname = "palm_01";
			};