Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lockheed wins $3.5b f-16 deal with poland

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 28 2002,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what do they do w/ all these old planes that they replace?<span id='postcolor'>

Sell them on the Polish black market for $2000 each. Don't you know these things? smile.gif

LOL "

"Mum?? Can I go to poland and buy a MiG??"

"Sure honey.. Wait a second while I get the car keys.."

I would love to have a Mig in the garden or something.. I know someone who has a few Jets in his garden smile.gif

I think it is a good choise to pick the F16... a lot of airforces in europe have it and since most of them wil buy the jsf a lot of spare parts will become available..

hmm lol Dutch Airforce is buying new planes (JSF) and trow the F16s away and poland buys the F16 lol

Poland seems to be heavily renewing the equipment of their armed forces - they just chose the Finnish Patria 8x8 AMV as their new armoured wheeled transport. The deal includes 690 vehicles and is worth about 1 billion euros.

Here is a link about the AMV.

There must be some requirements for Poland to raise their army to NATO standards, but I think they could find a lot more use for the money used for these AMV and F-16 deals.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Homer: Not a bear in sight.  The Bear Patrol must be working like a

charm.

Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?

Lisa: It doesn't work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm lol Dutch Airforce is buying new planes (JSF) and trow the F16s away and poland buys the F16 lol

<span id='postcolor'>

The Dutch Airforse has F16s A/B upgraded to MLU standard.

We are buying the newest C/D versions thet havent been manufactured yet.

I wonder how long you guys intend on keeping those falcons while most of nato's F-16 fleet will be replaced by the JSF in a couple of years after you get your jets.

I'm sure that f16 will remain in service in European airforces as well as in USAF at least untill 2020.

Note that JSF (F16 main succesor) is still more like prototype than a final product.