Sign in to follow this  
1B1KSniper

Animation editor is out!

so this will enable things like new stances, firing positions, actions etc to be created?

yep. Also, it means we'll be able to animate mechs and walking vehicles and all that cool stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (1B1KSniper @ Dec. 25 2002,02:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep.  Also, it means we'll be able to animate mechs and walking vehicles and all that cool stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll be the judge of that tounge.gif

Hm, animating mechs? But you still need a script controlling that movements, right? I mean imho the movement animations are "hard-coded" to OFP!?

Could someone from BIS enlighten us, please?  confused.gif

Deer and Rabbits For the new year  biggrin.gif  xmas.gif  biggrin.gif  Pleeease !!!!  wink.gif

wow.gifwow.gif Very impressive! Animations are even fairly easy to make. I think this is the most important thing on the mod front since the release of O2.

Great work! xmas.gifxmas.gif

Hmmm looking good but for this moment we havent some guys who's can make some new animation. I'm newbie and i need some animations for my Osprey smile.gif .Are someone is know this editor ?

OK heres how it all works:

not very hard to figure out. In oxygen make ur model and NAME all the parts with selection names, it is best for final result that everything has a name. If there is something that does not need to be animated just name it anyway.

Open up the animation editor and in File manu load the p3d model. It should appear in the viewports. On the left side there should be a list of selection names of your model. Select a selection name that yuo want to animate (use SHIFT for multiple selection) and press NEW ANIMATION... . Now press CHANGE PIVOT to move the pivot point (yellow dot in viewport). Then press Edit Frame to start fiddling around.

This tool is good but still nowhere as good as Maya and nomatter how good you are unless u have motion capture technology you can forget about LIFE LIKE animations confused.gifsad.gif

well,i fiddled around with the new Camel animations, put it in game and it worked. Was fairly basic stuff, but when i tried to open the editor again, i got some access violation error confused.gif PM me if anyone knows what could cause this.  wink.gif

I'd say, if you happen to have Maya, stick with that and use teacups tool, then you could use bones and IK setups, if preffered, and it would be alot easier. But still, its a nice big step forward in the community.

I can't load P3D file sad.gif

File/Load P3d...

then browse and select *.p3d from any addon I extracted with PBO Decryptor v1.5

-> result an Ofpanim message "Incorrect Format!" sad.gif

Can this soft open ODOL and/or MDOL format ?

Ohboyohboyohboy!!!!

This is great news!

Don't forget that a lot of neat stuff can probably be achieved even without lifelike animations. Now we can hopefully create new stances, like a Dragon AT operator. Maybe even a lying position for using light AT weapons like the LAW?

It might also open up some perspectives for a more realistic combat diver.

"Live" cattle, like grazing cows would indeed be the greatest addon since... since.... the greatest thing ever!

Impressive work <Maya owners please shut up, we're glad you have wealth, this is for the rest of us> smile.gif

Note, no one actually make a LAAW gunner firing from prone position, THEY DON'T, EVER

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ Dec. 24 2002,15:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Impressive work <Maya owners please shut up, we're glad you have wealth, this is for the rest of us> smile.gif

Note, no one actually make a LAAW gunner firing from prone position, THEY DON'T, EVER<span id='postcolor'>

Actually that is incorrect. The LAW can and is fired from the prone position. I've not fired the LAW but I have fired it's replacement, the AT-4 and one of the stances for firing is in the prone position. However it is different then firing a rifle. With a rocket you must fire with your body at an angle or perpendicuar to the direction you are firing so you do not burn your ass and legs from the backblast when the rocket is fired. I just wish you could run while carrying the rocket because in real life you have to run fast right after firing it as you have to quickly avoid the infantry support that usually follows a tank. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok question...

I know you can add new animations to soldiers if they get some kind of command to do the animation...but...

Is it truly possible to make an animated animal that actually walks and runs by itself? The most imagine that could be done is to have a looping script to animate them unless there is a way to remove the standard BIS animations and replace them with custom animations. The same goes for big MECH robots and stuff.

I've seen alot of people say this is possible, but personally I don't think so.

I'll see it when I believe it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Congratulations to Dschulle, and a salute to OFPInternals (wherever he is). And while i'm at it, merry Christmas everyone. I just hope animations will pick up, and the new year will bring all of you out there OFP-cows, OFP-dogs, OFP-mechs and all the other crazy sh!t..  biggrin.gif

AT4 is after my time so I'll take your word for it, M72A2, no way, yes the "book" says you can, but pure experience says don't.

Someone tell us how to use it tounge.gif

Well i have 3d studio MAX 5 and dont know exactly how to use it and i bet this tool wouldent be better for newbs at modeling like me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Dec. 24 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone tell us how to use it tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

look two pages back xmas.gif

Not a modelling expect nor have I worked with animations but how hard would it be to create a realistic looking fast-roping animation? Instead of picking eject or get out could one make a command to attach to the rope and move up and down like you would a ladder? I would think the actual descent would be easy to make but the landing would be hard to replicate. How would one handle "getting off" the rope.

Way over my head or a simple process?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Dec. 24 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Dec. 24 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone tell us how to use it tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

look two pages back  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I tried that you confused me xmas.gif