Sign in to follow this  

Opgwc 0.97.00 beta mod lite

In the next week we will release a LITE Version of our demo for the 56k users. It will be between 50 and 60 mb in size and will be as good as the other version. The main difference:

-No new Mission Editor and Notepad

-The other BIS units aren't reskinned to desert.

-The demo will be version 0.97.00 compatible with 1.91

Anyway I hope you will like the new OPGWC LITE demo. It should take about 2hours 30 minutes for download on a 56k.

Will there be any chance that you could release the individual addons? I like the mod, except for the F15 included.

We work on the BIS calender...you know the one where they release a Beta version of the 1.91 patch and not a final version? That's why a delay....we aren't about to change things for a Beta patch, that has bugs, and will be (better be) updated in the near future. Imagine downloading it only to find you had to download a new version one week later. We try to keep up with all the patches, but blame BIS for including cool new scripting commands (getType object....YES!!wink.gif that we might like to use!

Needless to say the Beta version of the OPGWC is only a taste of what the full release will be....and that is a fair way off ATM. After all, OFP was 4-5 years in development, and they had full-time staff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We work on the BIS calender...<span id='postcolor'>

lol

Will it have anything better/new than the previous beta you release?

you arent comparing your mod to bis surely? i dont see you guys writing a new game code...or config'ing from scratch the whole thing, a few new models and missions does not constitute a full game

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 19 2002,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We work on the BIS calender...<span id='postcolor'>

lol

Will it have anything better/new than the previous beta you release?<span id='postcolor'>

Well I can say that it iwll feature everyuthing to 0.97.00 (the new patch coming) and it will include some new missions.

BUt normal OPGWC DEMO Users wil lstill be able to upgrade to 0.97.00

To eviscerator: Thats why i hate giving ETAs, It will be done when it will be finished thats all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 18 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will there be any chance that you could release the individual addons?  I like the mod, except for the F15 included.<span id='postcolor'>

We started releasing our M109 and the CHallenger 1 will be released soon with the UK SAS SOldiers and 3 new weapons( M82A1, M249 and the SA80)

Yes....I am comparing our mod with BIS. They had to make missions, islands and addons...and so do we. It took them 4-5 years because they had a few little extra things like a game engine to make  tounge.gif  So whilst our developement time will obviously be shorter, I am sure we actually do run into some of the same problems they did during the games development.

OPGWC is not a full game....it is a mod. It would be a mistake to config the whole thing from scratch as most of it is there already and is necessary to run the game....but one can add things to the config  wink.gif

I quite enjoy some of the BAS addons....so lets try to support each hey? There are only a small number of mods that are ever going to get to completion...and I believe ours will be one them.

Just an update. It should fairly obvious by this point that we aren't going to release an 0.97 "Lite" version of the demo mod. There are a few reasons for this:

- It would take a fair amount of effort to actually strip out all the things that are in there to make it "lite"

- The time taken could be better spent making the 1.00 Version.

- We have made a lot of progress since the demo mod, and it would be very hard to "draw a line in the sand" and know what to put in it and what to leave out.

I know some of you were looking forward to this (ok, maybe one or two of you confused.gif ) but overall I think you'll find it was worth it.

We aren't giving any ETA's on a 1.00 version, except 2003! And definately not in the next couple of months, that is for sure. Once it is complete we will have an extended internal beta test period...only after that (bug fixing etc) will we release it. We will at that point try and find ways to bring it to 56k users more easily smile.gif

Sorry if anyone is actually, truely pissed off by this, but that's how it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 18 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the next week? that was 11 days ago, what calender do you opgwc boys go by?<span id='postcolor'>

a better one then bas...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 26 2003,12:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 18 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the next week? that was 11 days ago, what calender do you opgwc boys go by?<span id='postcolor'>

a better one then bas...<span id='postcolor'>

we dont go by eta's...so how can we be late?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 26 2003,13:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 26 2003,12:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Dec. 18 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the next week? that was 11 days ago, what calender do you opgwc boys go by?<span id='postcolor'>

a better one then bas...<span id='postcolor'>

we dont go by eta's...so how can we be late?<span id='postcolor'>

sometimes you say release in 1 week

then you say delayed , 6 weeks later released

Ok....enough of that......close please moderators!

Will you be updating your units to post resistance?

Found out the other day that your soldiers aren't handgun compatible. Hope this is included in the next patch.

Yes, handguns will be working in the next version. However it won't be a patch, it will be the full thing...... 1.00! smile.gif Release date.....2003 (that's all.....WE don't know when it will be finished...other than this year, so don't even bother asking smile.gif )The reason why handguns weren't working was to do with an out of date file. The compass has also been fixed etc etc. Plenty going...to keep up to date just check:

OPGWC

on a regular basis smile.gif

Just to tidy up a loose thread....0.97.00 hasn't been available for a while due to bandwidth restrictions. A decision has been made not to put it back up. There are a few reasons for this, bandwidth, bugs and we need the space for beta testing.

So no more 0.97.00 will be available. If someone wants to host it, I will send a CD...but I will not send a CD to someone who just wants to play it.

That's all for the demo. Next release is 1.00 later in the year. smile_o.gif

i think you should make better textures for your Final soldiers..I cannot understand what colour you used for the "arms" ? that texture you used is just too bright...it seems that they have been at the sun for ours and they have all a perfect thin 8even if in this campaign there was the reason of it. Anyway the faces are white and there is no reason of such differenet colour between the two parts of the body..and moreover the hands uses another differnt colour scheme sad_o.gif

Anyway even if I like the uniform you (Galcom) made I think

you should make it more accurate and better near the arms and you should avoid using that kind of stretching camo parts in some areas of the body.

Just an opinion no offence is intended...I like the mod but improve the marines details before saying that it is "a Final image".

I could help you but I am really busy with my mod gijoe mod and berlin mod sad_o.gif

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/rangers.jpg

I'll pass on your comments to GalComT smile_o.gif

I have a quick suggestion:

I noticed that the US forces have no goggles or chin straps. Is there anyway that you could add these onto the helmets please? smile_o.gif

They do have chin straps and googles, just take a close look and ull c, just the once wearing caps dont. biggrin_o.gif

in the next week? that was 11 days ago, what calender do you opgwc boys go by?

a better one then bas...

we dont go by eta's...so how can we be late?

well b4 u said u were gonna release stuff in like a week

i remeber the delta/ranger addon one week then woo.....

but not now after u uys declare no release date

so u cant say we dont go by etas

u werent eta free of all ur mods life

Ummmm, ok. I think you are a little confused. Those quotes actually don't have anything to do with OPGWC. rock.gif