Sign in to follow this  
Mr B

What is the slowest system running resistance?

Hello,

Just curious to know, who has been able to run Resistance with the slowest system? I was looking at getting it myself. My system runs OFP without problems (and it's slow), but I was just curious to know how low you could go wink.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

700 mhz, Gforce 2 pci , with 800x600 resolution 500 view distance and it doesnt run that great confused.gif

I have run it on P3 667 with a TNT2...in 640x480 it was playable.

PIII 450 with a voodoo3... It was playable. As long as I don't play platoonsized missions (and not on nogova). sad.gif

im on

Duron 700 mhz  tounge.gif

384 mb Sdram

Gf 4 MX460

When lots of AI or objects are on the map it can be laggy (like The working Mission) or that one BIS made wher they recomended a minimum of 1ghz   smile.gif

The Resistance box says: "Minimum system requriments are equal to the original flashpoints recomended specifications"

And the recomended system requriments for original flashpoints is:

Pentium III 600 MHz CPU

128 Mb RAM

Compitabel 3D Graphics card whit 32mb RAM

24 x Cd rom

450mb Hard Drive space

Remember those are minimum for Resistance. In Certain times i would most likley lag. If you want you could download the demo for resistance and see how that works smile.gif

Played it on:

Celeron 400

TnT2

640x480

Not too bad! Just don't....fire your gun or.....drive anything...or move...or look around....or exit the game...etc

PII 450

Diamond Viper V550

800x640 32bit

I know you see that and say, "Good lord man, that thing is ancient, and that CARD! Can you play pong on that thing!?" And yes, you can play pong on it smile.gif But what you guys may be suprised to know is that OFP runs pretty good on this old boy. I have to have terrain detail on the second lowest, but its really no big deal to me. As long as the mission isn't overtely made for 2ghz machines, everything runs fine and dandy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 09 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PII 450

Diamond Viper V550

800x640 32bit

I know you see that and say, "Good lord man, that thing is ancient, and that CARD! Can you play pong on that thing!?" And yes, you can play pong on it smile.gif But what you guys may be suprised to know is that OFP runs pretty good on this old boy. I have to have terrain detail on the second lowest, but its really no big deal to me. As long as the mission isn't overtely made for 2ghz machines, everything runs fine and dandy smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah vipers are good.

My system is:

p3 600mhz

384 MB ram

Diamond Viper V770

1024 x 768

no problems!

Although im getting a major upgrade soon biggrin.gif

I use to play on a:

P3 866 Mhz

128mb Pc300 Ram (It took 5 minutes to load the first mission)

some strange, unknown vid card that came with the system, the ground was compleatly white the water was a light blue and the explosions a light yellow. It really sucked sad.gif

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will get Resistance. Not so much for the graphics or the campaign, but I REALLY REALLY WANT THE BUS AND THE BRIDGES!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and the new buildings too tounge.gif .

Oh yeah, my system is a 500mhz PC (stop laughing) with 64mb of RAM (really, stop laughing) and a TNT2 graphics card with 32mb of memory (seriously, shut the hell up tounge.gif ) . What the hell. When I do eventually upgrade, I'll have Resistance ready and waiting for me wink.gif .

When I do get it, I'll be sure to post back here with the results smile.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

Okey good luck smile.gif

I just really want to warn you about the RAM. Depending on what OS you run (i sure hope it aint Xp or Win2K) becouse i ran Resistance (in Win ME and 98) whit 128mb before and the cutcenes laged and loaded forever sad.gif

i'm running on a P3 450mhz too!

and i can run that mission from Bis thats designed for 1ghz machines, so Resistance should work on mine!

The tip is to lower the details and things on super luxuarys and things you don't look at or notice!

My terrian detail is on lowest, lets face it, does camo matter at close range? And when the enemy is far enough for camo to help them! You cant see the change in detail at distance!

I'm running at 800x600!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BLuuRKo @ Dec. 09 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Played it on:

Celeron 400

TnT2

640x480

Not too bad! Just don't....fire your gun or.....drive anything...or move...or look around....or exit the game...etc<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just really want to warn you about the RAM. Depending on what OS you run (i sure hope it aint Xp or Win2K) becouse i ran Resistance (in Win ME and 98) whit 128mb before and the cutcenes laged and loaded forever <span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the heads up. No, I'm not running XP or 2k, or 98, or ME, but good ole 95! biggrin.gif I am looking at getting the RAM upgraded anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> i'm running on a P3 450mhz too!

and i can run that mission from Bis thats designed for 1ghz machines, so Resistance should work on mine!

The tip is to lower the details and things on super luxuarys and things you don't look at or notice!

My terrian detail is on lowest, lets face it, does camo matter at close range? And when the enemy is far enough for camo to help them! You cant see the change in detail at distance!

I'm running at 800x600! <span id='postcolor'>

I know exactly what you mean! I'm running in 1024x768, and it handles fine. I'm thinking of dropping it back to 800x600 though. I can't notice the difference, and it runs faster with larger scenarios. And you're right, most of the CPU intensive things are luxuries, and I can live without em.

By the way, what's that huge 1gz mission like anyway? Any good?

Thanks for the support guys smile.gif.

Cheers

Mr B

It's a fairly crappy mission IMHO. Basically its you and about a million soldiers running down a hill towards other soldiers and some armour. Not worth getting a 1+Ghz chip for...(but other things are)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's a fairly crappy mission IMHO. Basically its you and about a million soldiers running down a hill towards other soldiers and some armour. <span id='postcolor'>

So, the picture of the dudes running down the hill in the description page is basically the mission? I think I'll give it a pass then biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Not worth getting a 1+Ghz chip for...(but other things are) <span id='postcolor'>

Yes indeed. The list of those things is very, VERY long biggrin.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

I did a chopper mission once on a Compaq 300 mhz, 48 megs ram, PCI ATI 8 meg card

total low detail it was choppy and looked like shit but was playable

right untill the chopper blades started spinning heh

Running PIII 733 128ram on Island Novo aint fun.

As soon as I move the mouse it crashes to desktop-NICE sad.gif

I will lower all details and res and see what happens wink.gif

I used to use a PIII 550MHz "flipchip" with 384Mb SDRAM and a 32Mb GeForce2 in 800x600. Can't say there was anything wrong with it really, used to be a bit laggy with lots on screen, but played fine in multiplayer LAN against my P4 1.5GHz.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr B @ Dec. 11 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's a fairly crappy mission IMHO. Basically its you and about a million soldiers running down a hill towards other soldiers and some armour. <span id='postcolor'>

So, the picture of the dudes running down the hill in the description page is basically the mission? I think I'll give it a pass then  biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Not worth getting a 1+Ghz chip for...(but other things are) <span id='postcolor'>

Yes indeed. The list of those things is very, VERY long  biggrin.gif .

Cheers

Mr B<span id='postcolor'>

there is a counter strike! Them Damn snipers to the northwest always get me!

Its run pritty smooth, the only 'lxuary' i keep on is cloudlets, i need them to help me spot tanks, and so i can see the blood pop out of them infantry!

I'm a sniper, and the distances that i shoot things from make it real hard to tell if i have hit a moving man (infact, a stationary one too!wink.gif. Its also very useful for when you shoot sombody through that damn fog!

Anybody know if its possible to get rid of fog so i can see the disapearing horizon line? I'd just like to see if its worth it!

Oh, and i'm looking for a clan to join! Any offers?

I'm:

A pritty good chopper pilot

Good plane/jet pilot

Sniper

Super Long AT (Can hit a BMP with a LAW from 2km away)

Good recon (and i suppose black ops too!wink.gif

come on, sombody must want sombody with my talent?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anybody know if its possible to get rid of fog so i can see the disapearing horizon line? I'd just like to see if its worth it!<span id='postcolor'>

The fog depends on your viewdistance. The better your computer the higher you can set it and the further you will see. As 5000m is the maximum you will never see the real horizon - also I doubt that OFP tries to model the curvature of the Earth's spheroid. Check these images for a comparison of different viewdistances:

- viewdistance 900m:

viewdist900.jpg

- viewdistance 1800m:

viewdist1800.jpg

- viewdistance 5000m:

viewdist5000.jpg