Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.She been stab and shot,and most people wouldn't have lived through that.But yet they still haven't said if she was stab ,shot.All they said is she has broken legs and a back.<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.p....nch.inc

She was neither stabbed nor shot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 17 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DieAlive @ ,)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's still a rescue, even when the Iraqi guards left, she couldn't of just got up and walked back to US troops, not with the injuries that she had.<span id='postcolor'>  Yes of course, just like its a rescue when your mom picks you up from school.  That's more like a pick up than a rescue.   wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ya, and firefighters when they "pick up" people from burning buildings. They're just like soccer moms, except for the axes and trucks.

Or lifeguards, they are basically personal tug boats, some person goes out too far, cant make it back, calls the lifeguard for a tow back to shore.

-=Die Alive=-

Haha, okay. Was the hospital on fire or something?

Ya, well okay, have it your way, she was being held. smile.gif Of course it was classified as a "rescue" mission, that's all the lee way I'm going to give you.

She probably jumped out of the hospital window and broke herself also. tounge.gif My hero, and just 19 years old. wink.gif

Hehe, good opinion on the museum relics:

Churning: Rethinking the Iraqi National Museum.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am therefore sanguine about the looting of the Baghdad museum. Look at it from the point of view of the average Sumerian golden harp. Some artisan created you around 2,900 B.C. for Queen Shub-Ad of Ur. You adorned the palace for a few years. Then, with the queen’s demise, you were shut up in her tomb, along of course with her harpist. (Not much point sending the queen to the next world with a harp if there was no one to play it for her!wink.gif There you languished in silence and darkness for 48 centuries or so, while empires rose and fell on the land that concealed you.

Eventually along came Sir Edward Woolley to dig you up. You were dusted off, admired, sketched, photographed, and finally placed in a glass case at the National Museum of newly independent Iraq. There you sat for 70 years — the blink of an eye by your standards — until, during the American occupation of 2003, a low-level employee of the Museum, seeing his chance in the chaos of occupation, smashed the case, stuffed you into a sack and took you home.

You were hidden on a high shelf in this man’s wardrobe for some months, till things settled down and contacts with the outside world resumed. Then your custodian’s old boss from the museum came calling, and in a rather roundabout conversation over coffee and hummus hinted that he was in touch with several collectors in foreign countries eager to locate vanished exhibits from the museum, and that if your custodian knew of any such, it would be worth his while to pass on the information, in strict confidentiality of course. Some transactions ensued, as a consequence of which you found yourself on display behind glass again, this time in the Zürich town house of a Swiss investment banker.

The banker’s family enjoyed three generations of wealth and security. Then, in the great European disorders of the later 21st century, they had to run for their lives to the U.S.A., taking whatever they could carry. Arriving penniless, they sold the harp at auction, and it was acquired by a museum in Houston, Texas... <span id='postcolor'>

-=Die Alive=-

I feel that I am getting the implication in this thread that ONLY America's media lies and that American's are all stupid for it?

Ben

San Antonio sad.gif

This still relates to Iraq and its after effects.

This just makes me sad and angry on a multitude of levels. San Antonio is kinda my "hometown" (for being a military brat), and San Antonio has always been heavily geared around the military, and proudly so. San Antonio used to have four military bases, two (I think) being still open (that being Randolph AFB...Air Force training and setting of the 1932 first Best Picture winner "Wings", and Lackland...major Basic center), while Kelly being privatized, USAA, a major military insurance company, and a number of other military oriented business.

Whats next? Shouting "Baby killers" again?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 18 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">San Antonio sad.gif

Whats next? Shouting "Baby killers" again?<span id='postcolor'>

What the hell is happening to my state?! In my town if a person wears his uniform, he's at risk of getting his bar tab paid for and having to shake a few hands. confused.gif

Im here at Ft. Benning GA. I will be happy when my friends

get back so I can buy them all a beer.I talk to one or more every day by e-mail and things are going good so don't let

all this crap you see on here get you down smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 17 2003,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.She been stab and shot,and most people wouldn't have lived through that.But yet they still haven't said if she was stab ,shot.All they said is she has broken legs and a back.<span id='postcolor'>

She was neither stabbed nor shot.<span id='postcolor'>

not really

Lies, lies, lies. Evil capitalist propaganda. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 18 2003,05:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">San Antonio sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They'll beat the peace out of you! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 18 2003,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 17 2003,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.She been stab and shot,and most people wouldn't have lived through that.But yet they still haven't said if she was stab ,shot.All they said is she has broken legs and a back.<span id='postcolor'>

not really<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes, sure as hell

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">She had a back operation Thursday and surgery for other broken bones Friday, said the commander of the hospital, Col. David Rubenstein. He said was not shot or stabbed.

<span id='postcolor'>

Dated april 5th which is more recent then your article.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 18 2003,10:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">White House advisors resign over Iraq looting<span id='postcolor'>

I like that part:

<snip>

The US has pledged to recover and repair the items looted.

Secretary of State Colin Powell said the Baghdad museum was "one of the great museums in the world" and that the US would take a leading role in restoring it.

<snip>

Are they going to glue the shattered pieces together or what? "Here you go, pal, it almost looks like before. Oh, that part is attached the wrong way? Ooops, but who cares? It`s 5000 years old. Nobody here will see the difference believe me!"

It is a shame for the coaltion forces that they were not able to fix the electricity system and the water system till now. They were not prepared at all to do that. But off course they were well prepared to secure the oil wells and pipelines. It´s a shame !

The motivations for this war have never been more clear than today. It was for the people in Iraq ? Yeah sure...

That´s why the coaltion forces take so much care about them.

I have to exclude the british forces here. They seem to be the ones with brains and knowledge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 18 2003,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The motivations for this war have never been more clear than today. It was for the people in Iraq ? Yeah sure...<span id='postcolor'>

No, it wasn`t for the people in Iraq. It was about killing or removing Saddam Hussein from power.

Wait, that wasn`t the reason either! The reason were the WMDs in Iraq. Or not... ?

No, the reason must`ve been the linkage between Iraq and Al Quaida.

No, that`s not the reason either. The reason must`ve been Abbu Abbas linked to Al Quaida and Hussein the same time. What? Abbas had nothing to do with Al Quaida? Bad luck...

Finally the best: The US knew all the time he was in Iraq and Baghdad. Now tell us that his capture wasn`t for publicity reasons to show the world some US success. Besides all the other news what`s going wrong in liberated Iraq.

I only hope the TBA will allow neutral weapon inspectors to come back to Iraq. I don`t trust the TBA and any of their proof. They betrayed the world public too often already.

But even if they don`t allow this and find "proof" I`m sure they`ll do so stupid fakes if faked that it will be obvious. The CIA has failed with almost anything the last years (9/11, but who cares?) , so they`d probably forget the "Made in USA" labels on Saddam`s WMDs or do anything stupid like that. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 18 2003,01:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 18 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">San Antonio sad.gif

Whats next? Shouting "Baby killers" again?<span id='postcolor'>

What the hell is happening to my state?! In my town if a person wears his uniform, he's at risk of getting his bar tab paid for and having to shake a few hands.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I hope the squids and the jarheads beat those guys until they pissed down their legs! Fucking scumbags. You serve your country to protect their ignorant asses right to speak freely and they use that right to shit on you. I'd wear my uniform anyway. Fuck 'em all. Its funny how the navy and the corps always fight each other until someone picks upon one or the other, and then its band together and kick the outsider's asses. I saw that happen several times in Air Force bars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 18 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 18 2003,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 17 2003,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 17 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.She been stab and shot,and most people wouldn't have lived through that.But yet they still haven't said if she was stab ,shot.All they said is she has broken legs and a back.<span id='postcolor'>

not really<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes, sure as hell

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">She had a back operation Thursday and surgery for other broken bones Friday, said the commander of the hospital, Col. David Rubenstein. He said was not shot or stabbed.

<span id='postcolor'>

Dated april 5th which is more recent then your article.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">America's best-known POW was getting VIP treatment Friday at the military's Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, but officials still aren't releasing many details of her ordeal or the circumstances of her injuries: a head wound and fractures in her right arm, both legs, her right foot and ankle, and an injury to her spine.

She had a back operation Thursday and surgery for other broken bones Friday, said the commander of the hospital, Col. David Rubenstein. He said was not shot or stabbed.

But Dan Little, a cousin who held a news conference Friday night in West Virginia, said Lynch's mother, Deadra Lynch, had talked with her doctors and they had determined that the soldier had been shot. He said they found two entry and exit wounds "consistent with low-velocity, small-caliber rounds."

<span id='postcolor'>

from the same article.