Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. 49% of the African Americans support the war. Could it be because of the fact that the US military is dominated by ethinc minorities? That they are the ones actually dying and bleeding?<span id='postcolor'>

Check your facts.  From the 2003 Marine Corps almanac:

174,904 Marines, 117,866 classified as "white."  One in three Marines is a minority.

Here are photos of the KIA so far, check the faces.  Casualties

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,12:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. 49% of the African Americans support the war. Could it be because of the fact that the US military is dominated by ethinc minorities? That they are the ones actually dying and bleeding?<span id='postcolor'>

174,904 Marines, 117,866 classified as "white."  One in three Marines is a minority.

Here are photos of the KIA so far, check the faces.  Casualties

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

tz.casualties.gif

Black?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. 49% of the African Americans support the war. Could it be because of the fact that the US military is dominated by ethinc minorities? That they are the ones actually dying and bleeding?<span id='postcolor'>

174,904 Marines, 117,866 classified as "white."  One in three Marines is a minority.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? It's possible that I'm wrong. I think that I read somewhere that the ethninc minorities were vastly overrepresented in the military. Don't know where though, so it's possible that I remembered it wrong. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,18:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really? It's possible that I'm wrong. I think that I read somewhere that the ethninc minorities were vastly overrepresented in the military. Don't know where though, so it's possible that I remembered it wrong.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've heard that when compared to the entire population minorities make up a slightly higher percentage. That's not the same as "doing the dying and bleeding," though.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. 49% of the African Americans support the war. Could it be because of the fact that the US military is dominated by ethinc minorities? That they are the ones actually dying and bleeding?<span id='postcolor'>

Check your facts. From the 2003 Marine Corps almanac:

174,904 Marines, 117,866 classified as "white." One in three Marines is a minority.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? It's possible that I'm wrong. I think that I read somewhere that the ethninc minorities were vastly overrepresented in the military. Don't know where though, so it's possible that I remembered it wrong. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep this issue has been one of the discussion items on North American TV for a while now. From all those shows it seems you are right Denoir. Can't cover it up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep this issue has been one of the discussion items on North American TV for a while now.  From all those shows it seems you are right Denoir.  Can't cover it up.<span id='postcolor'>

So which of my facts are you disputing?

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm. 49% of the African Americans support the war. Could it be because of the fact that the US military is dominated by ethinc minorities? That they are the ones actually dying and bleeding?<span id='postcolor'>

174,904 Marines, 117,866 classified as "white."  One in three Marines is a minority.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? It's possible that I'm wrong. I think that I read somewhere that the ethninc minorities were vastly overrepresented in the military. Don't know where though, so it's possible that I remembered it wrong.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep this issue has been one of the discussion items on North American TV for a while now.  From all those shows it seems you are right Denoir.  Can't cover it up.<span id='postcolor'>

Not hardly. Just go through the pictures:

white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, latino, white, latino, latino, white, latino, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, black, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, Hopi native American, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, white, white, latino, white, white, black, white, black, black, white, white.

Seems that if anyone should be oppposing this war, it should be latinos and whites.

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,13wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep this issue has been one of the discussion items on North American TV for a while now. From all those shows it seems you are right Denoir. Can't cover it up.<span id='postcolor'>

So which of my facts are you disputing?

I am? I am just telling Denoir that according to TV shows here he's right.

EDIT: I'm telling it like it is, you guys can research this and find facts, I'm not going to waste my time investigating every little detail of U.S. forces. Not interesting at all. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 08 2003,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not hardly. Just go through the pictures:

white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, latino, white, latino, latino, white, latino, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, black, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, Hopi native American, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, white, white, latino, white, white, black, white, black, black, white, white.<span id='postcolor'>

I can only count to 10 sorry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,1903)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT: I'm telling it like it is, you guys can research this and find facts, I'm not going to waste my time investigating every little detail of U.S. forces.  Not interesting at all.  <!--emo&<!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry you find the facts uninteresting.  As you are prone to do, you're telling it like you mistakenly believe it to be, regardless of what the actual facts indicate.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,1903)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT: I'm telling it like it is, you guys can research this and find facts, I'm not going to waste my time investigating every little detail of U.S. forces. Not interesting at all. <!--emo&<!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry you find the facts uninteresting. As you are prone to do, you're telling it like you mistakenly believe it to be, regardless of what the actual facts indicate.

I told you already twice, this is what's been on TV. Which fact have I ignored so far?

Dragging me into this shitty discussion...

You only stated the % of minorities in Marines. the concern is the % of blacks in all US armed forces as compared to the total population of blacks in the states. all you have to do is get these numbers, and draw a fucking conclusion. And not have 50 pages of a thread filled with more long winded posts.

I didn't start this discussion about minorities so why should I go into the details?

i'm not a US military expert (read as expert in matter of US military) so i have a few questions (two actually):

- counting all the "ground" effectives (US Army , USMC , US SOP) , what percent of the US armed forces does the USMC represents ?

- are the effectives of the USMC representative of the rest of the US Military ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You only stated the % of minorities in Marines.  the concern is the % of blacks in all US armed forces as compared to the total population of blacks in the states.  all you have to do is get these numbers, and draw a fucking conclusion.  And not have 50 pages of a thread filled with more long winded posts.  <span id='postcolor'>

heh ... faster than me ......

I know now where I read it. The Onion biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U.S. Continues Proud Tradition Of

Diversity On Front Lines

CAMP COYOTE, KUWAIT—With blacks and Hispanics comprising more than 60 percent of the Army's ground forces in Iraq, the U.S. military is continuing its long, proud tradition of multiculturalism on the front lines of war. "Though racism and discrimination remain problems in society at large, in the military—especially in the lower ranks where you find the cannon fodder—a spirit of inclusiveness has prevailed for decades," Gen. Jim White said Monday. "When it comes to having your head blown off by enemy fire, America is truly colorblind."<span id='postcolor'>

source

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I told you already twice, this is what's been on TV.  Which fact have I ignored so far?<span id='postcolor'>

1)  Denoir was under the impression that minorities dominated the U.S. military and did the "dying and the bleeding."

2)  I provided stats and photos of coalition KIA's showing that minorities do not demographically dominate the U.S. military and do not do a disproportionate share of the dying and the bleeding.

3)  You told Denoir that he was correct, willfully ignoring the evidence to the contrary.

There we are.  To summarize, I don't debate that minorities are disproportionately represented in the military.  I do debate that they're doing all the "dying and the bleeding."

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,13:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3) You told Denoir that he was correct, willfully ignoring the evidence to the contrary.

There we are. To summarize, I don't debate that minorities are disproportionately represented in the military. I do debate that they're doing all the "dying and the bleeding."<span id='postcolor'>

(Which is the only fact you say I ignored)

I meant that according to TV reports he is correct about minorities being over represented. That's all. I haven't seen your pictures. It's a misunderstanding then.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ April 08 2003,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do debate that they're doing all the "dying and the bleeding."<span id='postcolor'>

It was just a figure of speech that I used. No need to fight over little me wink.gif

No, but E6Hotel is right, all he said was that if one looks at the KIAs that the minorities are still minorities. I'm happy with that answer. Can we move on now? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 08 2003,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- counting all the "ground" effectives (US Army , USMC , US SOP) , what percent of the US armed forces does the USMC represents ?<span id='postcolor'>

Without googling it up, I couldn't tell you.  Sorry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 08 2003,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- are the effectives of the USMC representative of the rest of the US Military ?<span id='postcolor'>

Of course not!  wink.gif

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2003,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, but E6Hotel is right, all he said was that if one looks at the KIAs that the minorities are still minorities. I'm happy with that answer. Can we move on now? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes of course, and I didn't mean to say that the casualties are full of minorities, I was only talking about the minority representation in US armed forces (from TV). smile.gif Big misunderstanding.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 08 2003,13wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not hardly. Just go through the pictures:

white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, latino, white, latino, latino, white, latino, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, black, black, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, white, Hopi native American, white, white, white, white, white, white, latino, white, white, white, white, black, white, black, white, white, white, latino, white, white, black, white, black, black, white, white.<span id='postcolor'>

I can only count to 10 sorry.<span id='postcolor'>

It shows, too.

In the army, minorities are overrepresented.  For example,  blacks are 15% of the general populace whereas 25% of the army is black.  I believe the same is true for hispanics.  However, the majority of soldiers in the army are white.  A recent study also show that minorities more commonly joined for support roles.  This acts a counter balance and the old wive's tale of "more minorities die" is just fiction invented during the vietnam era by activists.  Ultimately, this is a volunteer force with jobs voluntarily chosen, so even if it was true, it would be irrelevant. 

Denoir, my observations (during the CISM competitions) were that the Swedish team didn't have more than a few peptides of genetic diversity.   tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 08 2003,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir, my observations (during the CISM competitions) were that the Swedish team didn't have more than a few peptides of genetic diversity.   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. I didn't even know we participated in those silly games wink.gif

Edit: Did we win? wow.gifbiggrin.gif

On my local news station they said "War games are getting popular from the war on iraq" They showed BF1942! They call that a war game tounge.gifmad.gif Where's ofp?? crazy.gif