Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Feb. 13 2003,13wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Feb. 13 2003,12:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Feb. 13 2003,18: 00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks like the board software has hit its ceiling for max count of views (which appears to be a 15 bit binary word if I'm not mistaken)<span id='postcolor'>

Or it's a signed 16 bit integer (range: -32768...+32767).

Negative postcount possible? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

logically, that makes more sense (more common). A negative post count possibility is intriguing.<span id='postcolor'>

You people never cease to amaze me, I'v already posted this here a few pages ago... wink.gif

Bastiges... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 12 2003,20:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is anybody here going to go demonstrating on Saturday (15/2)? There are going to be world wide demonstrations and they are counting on that they will be the largest since the Vietnam war. I'm considering on going out of curiosity - I've never been on a demonstration...<span id='postcolor'>

I'll be there, with my swim goggles and bandana soaked in lemon juice. biggrin.gif

SLOGANS FOR FEB. 15 ANTI-WAR RALLIES!

Stop Mad Cowboy Disease

Save America, Spare Iraq, Make Texas Take Him Back

When Bush Comes To Shove

How Did Our Oil Get Under Their Soil?

No Oilgarchy

George Dubya's Weapon Of Mass Distraction

Drop Bush, Not Bombs

Bombing For Peace Is Like F*cking For Chastity

If War Is The Answer We're Asking The Wrong Question

Killing Innocent People Is The Problem, Not The Solution

George Bush Couldn't Run A Laundromat

How Many Lives Per Gallon?

More MPGs, Less MIAs

Has Anyone Seen Our Constitution Lately?

Bush Is A Moron Don't Let Him Get His War On

Smart Bombs Don't Justify Dumb Leaders

We Have Guided Missiles And Misguided Men

Peaceful Solution Not Daddy's Retribution

Frodo has failed, Bush has the ring.

Draft dodgers shouldn't start wars.

War is sweet to those who haven't tasted it (Erasmus).

grief [over 9/11] is not a cry for war

You don't have to like Bush to love America.

Bushes are for pissing on.

Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld: the asses of evil.

America, get out of the Bushes.

9-11-01: 15 Saudis, 0 Iraqis

Don't waive your rights while waving your flag

I asked for universal health care and all I got was this lousy stealth bomber

"Why should I care what the American people think? They didn't vote for me." (George W. Bush)

"Beneath a picture of Osama bin Laden dressed as Uncle Sam: I want YOU to bomb Iraq.

Really good slogans, but I'm having trouble getting info on the protest in Ottawa.... I imagine it will simply be infront of the Parliament buildings or the U.S. embassy. Might be extremely cold. sad.gif

Best thing to do might be to head to Toronto, unfortunately I can't this weekend because of guests. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Frodo has failed, Bush has the ring.

<span id='postcolor'>

I like this one  biggrin.gif

Original slogans though, who comes up with them?  smile.gif

There will be a demo in amsterdam too, might join out of curiousity (maybe, just maybe).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 13 2003,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wait a minute, just a couple of pages ago, you said that he WAS the worst one... Hmm<span id='postcolor'>

People aren't allowed to change their minds?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Draft dodgers shouldn't start wars.

War is sweet to those who haven't tasted it (Erasmus).<span id='postcolor'>

If these statements are referring to Bush, they are the dumbest statements in the world. Yes, the entire world.

Im going to a protest in the city todat at 5pm with some people from my school. I am going a documentary on the war om Iraq and peoples opinions about it for school so it will be a good oppurtunity to get some footage and to tell Johny and Georgi that I don't sanction an invasion of Iraq (and they should care because I'm important!)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Feb. 13 2003,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im going to a protest in the city todat at 5pm with some people from my school. I am going a documentary on the war om Iraq and peoples opinions about it for school so it will be a good oppurtunity to get some footage and to tell Johny and Georgi that I don't sanction an invasion of Iraq (and they should care because I'm important!)<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah. biggrin.gif

I found a bit of info on the protest here, it's apparently going to be near the National Defence headquarters, DND HQ 101 Colonel By Dr. Ottawa. Feb 15th.

I'll try an make it out there.

I'm still up for coordinating the pro-war rally.

I know, I know. It'll just end up being me sitting and eating a bucket of chicken in front of the white house. I'll get arrested, cry in the interrogation room, and the police will send me home in disgust.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ( @ --)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm still up for coordinating the pro-war rally.

I know, I know.  It'll just end up being me sitting and eating a bucket of chicken in front of the white<span id='postcolor'>

I'm in if you bring an extra bucket of chicken

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 14 2003,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm still up for coordinating the pro-war rally.

I know, I know.  It'll just end up being me sitting and eating a bucket of chicken in front of the white house.  I'll get arrested, cry in the interrogation room, and the police will send me home in disgust.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't think so. I am completely honest when I say that I think there is a place for you in the Bush administration. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 14 2003,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't think so. I am completely honest when I say that I think there is a place for you in the Bush administration. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The front line.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 14 2003,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteBegin--+----></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ( @ --)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm still up for coordinating the pro-war rally.

I know, I know.  It'll just end up being me sitting and eating a bucket of chicken in front of the white house

I'm in if you bring an extra bucket of chicken<span id='postcolor'>

count me in!

A pro-war rally would be somewhat redundant, it seems pretty certain that the Bush administration intend to go ahead with the Iraq attack with or without UN approval.

-----

Without being a smartass, can I ask you guys honestly if you feel your lives or your country is actually in danger if the US doesn't attack Iraq, and if so, what do you base this on? Serious question.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 14 2003,07:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't think so. I am completely honest when I say that I think there is a place for you in the Bush administration. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Think they're looking for an Air Force 1 pilot? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Without being a smartass, can I ask you guys honestly if you feel your lives or your country is actually in danger if the US doesn't attack Iraq, and if so, what do you base this on? Serious question.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I honestly think my country is in danger. I think Saddam does have weapons of mass destruction, and he is either going to use them on one of our allies or assets, or hand them to a terrorist and have them attack our civilians. What do I base this on? The fact that UN inspectors found weapons in 1998. Yes, they would of expired by now, but it's good proof that he's developing weapons. And if he's developing weapons he plans on using them, or giving them to someone. He simply doesn't need them to defend himself.

Ahead of the next Blix report, the UN Security Council mood about whether to continue inspections seems to break down as follows:

Continue

Cameroon

China

France

Germany

Guinea

Mexico

Pakistan

Russia

Syria

Discontinue

Angola

Bulgaria

Chile

Spain

UK

USA

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 14 2003,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, I honestly think my country is in danger.  I think Saddam does have weapons of mass destruction, and he is either going to use them on one of our allies or assets, or hand them to a terrorist and have them attack our civilians.  What do I base this on?  The fact that UN inspectors found weapons in 1998.  Yes, they would of expired by now, but it's good proof that he's developing weapons.  And if he's developing weapons he plans on using them, or giving them to someone.  He simply doesn't need them to defend himself.<span id='postcolor'>

OK, I can see most of that.

Can I just clarify what you mean by assets?

And what makes you think that Saddam would give these weapons to terrorists. I mean, on what do you base this suspicion?

Again, not trying to be smartass, just to understand your side of the debate. Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 14 2003,09:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can I just clarify what you mean by assets?<span id='postcolor'>

Mainly oil. But I'm sure we have other assets in the region.

To clarify, it's about protecting oil, not capturing it. Remember what Saddam did in the gulf war?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what makes you think that Saddam would give these weapons to terrorists. I mean, on what do you base this suspicion?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, its obvious he wants to destroy the US. He's tried to assassinate a former president. And he can't do it through conventional means, even conventionally using a nuclear weapon would bring retalliation. So he'd probably give (or sell, maybe) them to a terrorist so he can do it without really facing up to it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 14 2003,06:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what makes you think that Saddam would give these weapons to terrorists. I mean, on what do you base this suspicion?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, its obvious he wants to destroy the US.  He's tried to assassinate a former president.  And he can't do it through conventional means, even conventionally using a nuclear weapon would bring retalliation.  So he'd probably give (or sell, maybe) them to a terrorist so he can do it without really facing up to it.<span id='postcolor'>

While that can be a fear, the thing about biological and chemical weapons is that they can be traced to the lab of origin (remember the anthrax letters? they were easily traced to a lab of US origin). C/B weapons can also be traced to what manufacture group they are from.

So any Saddam weapon can quite easily, and with all probability, be traced back to him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 14 2003,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So any Saddam weapon can quite easily, and with all probability, be traced back to him.<span id='postcolor'>

Which would cause any number of Very Bad Thingsâ„¢, all of the deadly variety, to happen to Saddam Hussein and his regime. That is the argument put forth by people who consider Saddam to be a rational thinker. However, his actions generally seem to point in the opposite direction. So basically, the questions comes down to this: Is deterrence effective against a man who might have a few screws loose?

When this is all over, I got to say I'm gonna miss the rascal. Firing rifles at ceremonies, addressing his 'Parliament', gassing his minions, and who can forget the state-organized US protests and the distribution of AK47s to everyone and their cousins? More to the point, who will our future President's bomb the crap out of when there's a domestic scandle or the economy falters? It just aint gonna be the same without the guy.  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 14 2003,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Firing rifles at ceremonies<span id='postcolor'>

Along with his Lee-Enfield carbine, he has also fired pistols. I'm sure Bush would like to do that too, but unlike Saddam he has to restrain himself  tounge.gif

"And if he's developing weapons he plans on using them, or giving them to someone. He simply doesn't need them to defend himself."

So, the rest of us should be afraid America should attack us then? Since they have WMD's after all, and have used them before.

"More to the point, who will our future President's bomb the crap out of when there's a domestic scandle or the economy falters? It just aint gonna be the same without the guy."

Dont worry, they will create a new boogie man, they always do.

If a nation didn't have an army, or at least the means to defend itself with WMD, how long do you think that nation would continue to exist in this world?

US have already setup plans for the "after the war" time. No surprise they want to leave large forces in Iraq but now comes the funny part. A US general will run the Iraq after the war. You know. It´s for iraq´s freedom and such...