Andres97

Key Frame Animation

Oh wow. I didn't know that page existed. I'll look at it. Thanks!

This is nice. But anyone managed how to start that time line with condition? Like if variable 'StartTimeline' is true?

On 7/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, jts_2009 said:

This is nice. But anyone managed how to start that time line with condition? Like if variable 'StartTimeline' is true?

You can start via trigger a timeline using a bis fnc. Can't remember the exact name though. You can search the functions viewer inside the editor, its there.

I use the functions, just hard scripted and it works fine. What I do need to try is make this MP compatible using remoteexec. 

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2018 at 9:08 PM, Crielaard said:

I use the functions, just hard scripted and it works fine. What I do need to try is make this MP compatible using remoteexec. 

Any progress in making this MP compatible?

Could anyone please explain to me the proper syntax for the functions to trigger a key frame timelime? I have searched high and low for weeks. Seems like several people here know how to script it. 

I have found this in functions viewer for keyframe init, but it's all they have and it's incomplete: 

[_x, true] call BIS_fnc_richCurve_compute;  forEach ([_x] call BIS_fnc_timeline_getSimulatedCurves);  forEach (allMissionObjects "Timeline_F");

I have tried every iteration of this imaginable and I cannot play my timeline unless it's "Play from start" on a loop. All I need to do is play one timeline once through on a trigger lol...

<necroing thread>

Clearly a lot of work went into this system, and its sounds so promising. Its a pity the documentation is still severely lacking. Amongst other things :

• how to address/play/pause/destroy timelines via script
  • best practices how to attach a cam to it (camera module breaks 3den cam)

Edit: It seems most things can be controlled via BIS fncs. Still digging/experimenting..

Edit2: Camera Module kind of works after reloading mission. Slowly getting somewhere.

Edited by nomisum
  • Like 1

Sorry for doubleposting.

Did anyone successfully manually start a timeline on a dedicated server? ([_timeline] call BIS_fnc_timeline_play;)

For me everything works locally and in hosted MP, but on dedicated I get the following blob in my client rpt:

20:29:04 Error in expression <S_fnc_slerp;
};
}
else
{
switch ([_keys select (_InterpNode - 1)] call BIS_fnc_k>
20:29:04   Error position: <select (_InterpNode - 1)] call BIS_fnc_k>
20:29:04   Error Zero divisor
20:29:04 File A3\functions_f\Animation\Curve\RichCurve\fn_richCurve_getCurveValueVector.sqf [BIS_fnc_richCurve_getCurveValueVector], line 95
20:29:04 Error in expression <hen
{
private _Alpha = (_time - ([_keys select (_InterpNode - 1)] call BIS_fnc_k>
20:29:04 File A3\functions_f\Animation\Curve\RichCurve\fn_richCurve_getCurveValueVector.sqf [BIS_fnc_richCurve_getCurveValueVector], line 77
20:29:04 Error in expression <de] call BIS_fnc_key_getTime) - ([_keys select (_InterpNode - 1)] call BIS_fnc_k>
20:29:04 File A3\functions_f\Animation\Curve\RichCurve\fn_richCurve_getCurveValueVector.sqf [BIS_fnc_richCurve_getCurveValueVector], line 73

Edit: I gave up implementing this as it doesnt seem to work on dedicated no matter what – if it works (not with cam but with vehicles at least), its choppy af because the positions are presumably synchronized. What is missing is an option in 3DEN to make Curve_F/Timeline_F local only so you dont need to take in account any server sync. Its really a pity, being able to visually see your camera path with all easing options would be a gamechanger if only it would work.

Edited by nomisum
added PS