Jump to content
Deathstruck

Soundtrack unavailable unless I re-buy all the APEX edition content?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

long story short: Been owning the game since the 2013 Alpha and bought all of my DLCs separately when they came out.

Thing is, I kinda wanted to get my hands on the digital soundtrack as well but found out I can't - unless I rebuy the APEX edition for like 60 euros, even though I already own all the DLCs that it includes + the base game and APEX expansion of course.

 

I vaguely remember there was an option to "upgrade" to Digital Deluxe edition back then, but it's not there anymore. :(

 

Is there any way I can legally get my hands on the ArmA3 soundtrack without having to rebuy the whole game and DLC package again? Why is there not a simple "Upgrade to APEX Edition" option in the store?

 

Thanks in advance

 

Deathstruck

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe it's wrong to bump this thread as the OP is still relevant.

 

It seems a shame that the Soundtrack is out of bounds even if you have invested in the base game plus all the DLC'S released thus far...I also own all DLC's, heck I've even bought the odd DLC pack for friends, yet i don't have the ability to buy the soundtrack as a standalone purchase. :headscratch:

After 5 years BI should really consider making the soundtrack available to buy here in the official Store or on Steam? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the soundtrack anything more than the music that plays within the game? If not, you could just extract the files directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lexx said:

Is the soundtrack anything more than the music that plays within the game? If not, you could just extract the files directly.

It's a high quality version of the ingame music 48khz lossless flac. I have the full soundtrack as I bought Arma in the beta I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, Dedmen said:

It's a high quality version of the ingame music 48khz lossless flac. 

 

 :yeahthat:  This is the reason why I'd like to have the opportunity to buy the soundtrack as a standalone purchase, trawling through the numerous pbo's the soundtrack is spread over is not an option I want to go down.

 

Is there any way a moderator could ask/tag someone from the BI hierarchy to take a look into this please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EO said:

 

 :yeahthat:  This is the reason why I'd like to have the opportunity to buy the soundtrack as a standalone purchase, trawling through the numerous pbo's the soundtrack is spread over is not an option I want to go down.

 

Is there any way a moderator could ask/tag someone from the BI hierarchy to take a look into this please.

Would be good to know, purchased A3 in march 2013 during alpha, own all DLCs, no bonus folder with soundtrack, was there something I'm missing (except the bonus folder, hee hee)?

 

Cheers

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. 

I will look into this and get back to you with a response sometime later today! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, BIS_Homesick said:

Hey guys. 

I will look into this and get back to you with a response sometime later today! 

 

Any movement on this yet? :don8:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EO said:

 

Any movement on this yet? :don8:

 

My apologies for the late response. I am looking into it, but I have no specific information yet unfortunately 😕

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. I haven't forgotten about this, but unfortunately I do not have an update as of yet. I am looking into it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, Homesick said:

Hey guys. I haven't forgotten about this, but unfortunately I do not have an update as of yet. I am looking into it. 

Any updates on this?

 

Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Homesick, sorry to be a PITA about this, but, is their any news or movement regarding the official Soundtrack being made available as a standalone purchase. And if Contact is going to be the last "official" content for Arma 3, then a definitive soundtrack edition containing all tracks from the various DLC's should definitely be looked into by BI. :don8:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2019 at 7:44 PM, EO said:

@Homesick, sorry to be a PITA about this, but, is their any news or movement regarding the official Soundtrack being made available as a standalone purchase. And if Contact is going to be the last "official" content for Arma 3, then a definitive soundtrack edition containing all tracks from the various DLC's should definitely be looked into by BI. :don8:

 

Looking into it 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really comment about the future, however the original soundtrack is available on Spotify: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×