steved

Apex Protocol Campaign

Hi,

Playing through Arma 3 campaign again as a single player, and am loving it all over again. The Apex DLC looks interesting, and I note that it has a co-op campaign, but can the campaign be played as a single player, or do you need to be part of a squad, or playing with friends or other online players? I read a post from someone who completed the first mission alone as a sniper, but is this possible for run-of-the-mill players, or elite hard core Arma 3 experts only?

Do I need friends? Cos...sniff...I got no friends...WAH!!

Check Six

This thread doesn't belong in this sub-forum. It belongs in something like general or Q&A.

To answer your question; yes, the Apex campaign "Apex Protocol" can be played solo. Though it won't be the singleplayer experience you're used to, it takes the form of a co-op or multiplayer mission. i.e. no saving, it has respawns instead.

It can be completed as any class/ loadout provided in the spawn screen. Marksman, Rifleman, Autorifleman etc. it doesn't matter. Any mission specific items will be given to you.

• Like 1

I know this thread needs to be moved, but I'll ask this here now.

Does anyone know if BI still plans to do a proper single player conversion for the Apex campaign? 

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

I know this thread needs to be moved, but I'll ask this here now.

Does anyone know if BI still plans to do a proper single player conversion for the Apex campaign? 

There's voice files in "dubbing_f_exp.pbo" for the SP version of Apex Protocol so probably.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone that took the time to answer. It has been helpful.

55 minutes ago, Night515 said:

There's voice files in "dubbing_f_exp.pbo" for the SP version of Apex Protocol so probably.

I'm too lazy to check... what kind of voice files? Anything interesting among it?

We know they wanted to work on a better singleplayer experience, because it was announced back then with the roadmap, I think. We haven't heard a single word about it ever since, though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, steved said:

Hi,

Playing through Arma 3 campaign again as a single player, and am loving it all over again. The Apex DLC looks interesting, and I note that it has a co-op campaign, but can the campaign be played as a single player, or do you need to be part of a squad, or playing with friends or other online players? I read a post from someone who completed the first mission alone as a sniper, but is this possible for run-of-the-mill players, or elite hard core Arma 3 experts only?

Do I need friends? Cos...sniff...I got no friends...WAH!!

Check Six

Thread moved, please try to post in the correct section.

7 hours ago, lexx said:

I'm too lazy to check... what kind of voice files? Anything interesting among it?

We know they wanted to work on a better singleplayer experience, because it was announced back then with the roadmap, I think. We haven't heard a single word about it ever since, though.

Just voice files for Watchtower and the CTRG team. Their voices sound kinda different but there's new lines entirely, and the folders are named "m05_sp" for example.

Cool. Either it's old cut content, or maybe we actually do get a singleplayer overhaul for it. Not sure how to effectively make some of the missions work well, though. Especially the slog at the end of the last mission comes to mind...

On 9/18/2017 at 3:29 AM, Terramesa said:

iirc I think they're leaving Apex Protocol as is.

Do you have a source for this? Last info I saw was in the roadmap article where BI stated their intention to convert the campaign to single player.

Has anyone seen any official information since the original road map saying that BI still intend to convert the campaign?