Sign in to follow this  
Gunship -OFP-ZONE-

Seb nam pack 2 out!

Anyone know what weapons ARVN soldier used? Im guessing they didn't use top of the line US stuff.

No, mostly WW2 era weapons such as thompsons, M1's, Bar's, etc. Or, eventually the M16 worked it's way in.

I saw on one site a pic of two ARVN soldiers, one had an M16 and the other had an M14. But this was 1975.

ARVN did not like the High Recoil stuff, or the bigger guns, they had a small frame, and didn't like the whole being blown onto your posterior effect, also, the longer guns were harder for them to wield.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ Dec. 10 2002,05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ARVN did not like the High Recoil stuff, or the bigger guns, they had a small frame, and didn't like the whole being blown onto your posterior effect, also, the longer guns were harder for them to wield.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah...most of the pics I've seen also show them with M16A1s. However... I have a small frame and I've always prefered 7.62mm rifles and machine guns (like the M60). smile.gif

Bigger kick, but it also knocks the enemy on their ass better.

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi All

ebud mentioned a mission I made. It's called SOG Seeing the Elephant. I hope it will be posted soon on the OFPEC Mission depot soon. I think I crossed all the T's and dotted all the i's this time confused.gif

I'll hopefully make some more while I'm offline for the next month wow.gif

This mission uses Nam Pack 2 and Jungle Everon 1.2

Ia Drang was not working right when I started it, so I used Jungle Everon.

I hope it's worth the 3mb download.

And, sorry, the A-Team is not in it wink.gif FOOL

Where's my gold chains?

tounge.gif I got that NAM baby! I found where I could download it without having to learn a new language. Now I'm ready to be a "Deer Hunter" or ready for any "Apocalyspe Now". I'll be joining the rest of my "Platoon" shortly to take "Hamburger Hill". So "Good Morning Vietnam" because I finally have a "Full Metal Jacket"! biggrin.gif I love the smell of Niapalm in the morning!

BTW. I forgot to tell you my birthday. I was "Born On The Fourth Of July"! There I think I got all the combat films in. tounge.gif

For all you Mission Makers that have been using the Nam Pack 2. If you wish to submit your Completed and Tested mission for inclusion in the NP2 Mission Pack, then email them to me at

w-chen@bigpond.net.au

Missions should be small in size (I'd say a max of 500k. ie no 10 meg movie sound track missions) and focus on realistic Nam Era objectives. It's preferable that only units from the Nam Pack 2 (+COC Mines) be used for obvious reasons.

SelectThis

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SelectThis @ Dec. 19 2002,15:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For all you Mission Makers that have been using the Nam Pack 2. If you wish to submit your Completed and Tested mission for inclusion in the NP2 Mission Pack, then email them to me at

w-chen@bigpond.net.au

Missions should be small in size (I'd say a max of 500k. ie no 10 meg movie sound track missions) and focus on realistic Nam Era objectives. It's preferable that only units from the Nam Pack 2 (+COC Mines) be used for obvious reasons.

SelectThis<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yea, the mission pack! What's the status on its release?

I'm dying to put this magnificent addon to some good use. My own attempts at making some cool missions have not been too successful.

xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Dec. 20 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh yea, the mission pack!  What's the status on its release?

I'm dying to put this magnificent addon to some good use.  My own attempts at making some cool missions have not been too successful.<span id='postcolor'>

You can start off with the first Nam mission reviewed just yesterday at The FAQ's Mission Of the Moment page. Just click on M.O.M. in The FAQ's left side menu.

Select This: How long do I have? Can you give me a few weeks to make them? I have X-Mas + downloading stuff for Flashpoint [having nothing to do with these missions]. I want to have most of the good stuff thats out for OFP downloaded and installed by New Years. I have a 28.8 modem because my 56K won't work. wow.gif Can I use Jungle Everon? I have been making a great one for that. biggrin.gif Can I use Ia Trang? I thought I read above that I could. I already have 2 missions for Ia Trang. Both involve helicoptors.

SEB NAMPACK Module A

Beschreibung: Das Luftfahrzeug Pack für das Nam Pack des SEB Packs

Version: Dateigröße: 0 bytes

Eingetragen am: 18.Nov.2002 Downloads: 176 Bewertung: 10 (1 Abstimmen)

What is this, is this something for pack 2? Also, is there anyway to fix the splash for the sampan. Thats why I did not keep that zodiac addon. the boat looks good, but you cant sneek up on any shore with a splash like that. The M60 would also sound a bit more real with more bass to the sound. Hummm anyway to add a hit sound to the trees? Would be nice to here the sound of tree's getting shreded. The AI gives me a hell of a time on this map, gj guys. biggrin.gif

I'd say a couple of weeks to get the missions, but if I get a mad rush of submissions I will put the mission pack out when it seems large enough to warrant a download. Don't let that stop you from making missions though... there is always mission pack 2 .. remember..quality over quantity.

R71,

Module A was for Nam Pack 1. It is not needed for Nam Pack 2. Everything you need should be in the zip.

SelectThis

What is your point Misterorange? and i dont even see a link includeing me i think most people have downloaded it.

Koolaid as Evis said some sites dont have it anymore so hes just posting links.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Jan. 04 2003,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why did we bring up the sebnam post again?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do you ask?

Evis, I put your links into the Best Addons thread, just to make sure smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Jan. 04 2003,08:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">while this has been updated ill stick some links on, ive noticed a few people asking where it is and many of the major sites dont have it listed anymore, so:<span id='postcolor'>

So:

SEB Nam Pack 2 (full) at The FAQ.