Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Gang members

I've just finished two different Dutch (I'm not trying to offend anyone) gangs models, specifically Civilian6 models with new textures.

Here are two screenshots:

112520027242144.jpg

112520027242258.jpg

I changed the textures as follows:

Model 1:

Nike shoes

Gang jacket

Model 2:

worn jeans

gang jacket

The jacket texture is the normal Civilian6 jacket with a gang symbol, which is from the dutch gang in Hitman 1. I'm still experimenting with weapon layout, and maybe make some more changes. I want to make Chinese triads (two maybe) and some kind of Carribean gang. smile.gif

Remember, I'm not trying to offend your nationality (whether Dutch or other), and I'll change the gang type if some people feel offended by the nationality of the gangs.

I will also make Police to go along with the urban theme, the Police model with American policeman textures.

I was thinking of starting some kind of gang war/street fighting mod, but this is obviously not a one man job. I really like those buildings i have in the screenshots, they are perfect for large city islands since they have ~100 polies. I think that rectangle buildings are good for large cities, they don't take up a lot of memory. So hopefully if I get this mod started then I would need people who can make buildings, cars maybe, guns i can do myself, and islands (once visitor comes out). Hopefully such a mod can be discussed here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 26 2002,01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(I'm not trying to offend anyone)<span id='postcolor'>

So typically Canadian biggrin.gif. Such fear of offending smile.gif

Completely understandable, just struck me as funny for some reason smile.gif. The textures look pretty good BTW.

So Tovarish, if i was to say:

"kiss my ass! Not on the left side, not on the right side...but right in the middle"

that wouldnt be very Canadian of me?

biggrin.gif

CT

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ Nov. 26 2002,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So Tovarish, if i was to say:

"kiss my ass! Not on the left side, not on the right side...but right in the middle"

that wouldnt be very Canadian of me?

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'd say you were spending too much time in New York biggrin.gif. and what happened to the "eh?" EH? If you did it with a bowl of poutine in one hand and a Molson in the other, yeah you'd come across as Canadian biggrin.gif

Nah seriously, I just found it funny how his constant ("just in case") apologizing in that first post reinforced that old stereotype.

Now first off im dutch and im not the least offended, more amused smile.gif Why on earth would you pick us for a street gang? tounge.gif We dont really do violent crime more economic like tax evasion and gambling shit .... ok nowadays a bit of drugs smuggling smile.gif

In Hitman 1 there is a Dutch gang, if oyu remeber the missions against that gun runner. So I really didn't choose it, I jsut copied HM: C47. I can of course change it, I probably will too, I suppose there is very little crime in the Netherlands and maybe I'll choose something else. Sorry I replied so late as well, my internet was down for a day.

They look great...

And there's lots of cool urban warfare/gang type weapons addons out there already ingame - MAC-10, shotguns etc. etc.

Awesome! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 27 2002,02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Hitman 1 there is a Dutch gang, if oyu remeber the missions against that gun runner. So I really didn't choose it, I jsut copied HM: C47. I can of course change it, I probably will too, I suppose there is very little crime in the Netherlands and maybe I'll choose something else. Sorry I replied so late as well, my internet was down for a day.<span id='postcolor'>

Hey man no need to change it on my account i actually think its pretty cool smile.gif

I will assist you with this mod. My email addy for msn messenger is chambersburg_00@hotmail.com and my yahoo email is peanuckle_00@yahoo.com. I personally have the ags city pack, i have lots of civ car addons which I think would be a welcome addition to any crime story, and am personally working on a mecha. The Av-98 Ingram model from Patlabor Mobile Police. If anyone can help me take a soldier model and make it vehicle class with a cockpit n stuff and still keep the soldier animations please help me with my .cpp file. Thank you.patlabor%2balbum%26.src=gr%26.view=tTeam+Patlabor.jpg?bcRqHD.AeXeqmd9H

That's great to hear, peanuckle. Since I suck at making missions that could be your job. biggrin.gif  

Here are some screens of the Triad gang, name undecided, also from Hitman:

My Triad:

112720025160282.jpg

Hitman Triad:

11272002516019.jpg

I have these weapons done in OFP:

Colt 1911 (this is not mine but Iono's from CS)

Cobray M11 (this is sturmgewehr's model and textures, I helped him with some stuff tho)

New version of Uzi

These are the gangs/authorities I decided to make:

Triads

Dutch Gang

Mafiosos

Gunrunners/Arms dealers

Russian mafia

Detectives

Undercover cops

cops

FBI

DEA

Undecided:

Some kind of Cartel

A few small, local gangs with around 10 members each

Buildings:

Gun store

Convenience store

A few sky scrapers you can't go inside, and are low poly.

peanuckle: I'm going to send you my work I have done so far, and the addons I'm using. You'll need Lahta, I customized it's main city so It looks more modern. My Uzi addon is needed, but I will send you the new version.

I'll see what I can do with your gundam robots, although something like this has never been done before. A good way to do it would be to make it a soldier class, and add lots of armor. But this way it would have to load up weapons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So typically Canadian<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHAHA.  CANADIANS!!!  HAHAHAHAA.

----

Anyway put in the Columbian cartel and the yakuza. And also try to make drive by's possible. As I think of it more this is turnin into GTA3. Im gonna go play Vice City now.

Also, any suggestions for the mod name? I'm thinking something like "Gang Wars" or Crimeland, but those are unoriginal. And please nothing stupid like "Monkey Gang Fights" or something liek that. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 26 2002,01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've just finished two different Dutch (I'm not trying to offend anyone) gangs models, specifically Civilian6 models with new textures.

Here are two screenshots:

112520027242144.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Where'd that car come from?

One suggestion. Put the "flaming windmills" symbol higher up on the jacket. It looks wierd so low down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ Nov. 27 2002,18:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So typically Canadian<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHAHA. CANADIANS!!! HAHAHAHAA.<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

lol

(every time I quickly read the thread title I get "Gang members / and other animals")

Hey USMC Sniper, how/where does one get their hands on those neat buildings (err... textured cubes) ? Those could make for some good city like fighting at high FPS. smile.gif

Pardon me if this has been addressed in the thread previously, my eyes are going buggy...

Crime city. That's the name. If this sounds familiar its because a long time ago early in ofp's days like during the cold war crisis debut someone without tools tried to make a mod called crime city. Too bad so sad for them, they're probably all working at a local wal-mart now. It's up to us to make crime city a reality. As far as the undercover cop models, res can provide those. It'd be man 5 or man 7 or even man 4 but edit him with one of those draping police badge on a wallet deals hanging from his neck and make each one come with a pistol and thats it, but a different pistol for every model. Some might like the smith and wesson cop, others might like the beretta cop, others the glock cop. So just add on a draping police badge on a chain doo hinky onto the man 4, 5, and 7 models and add those weapons and shabang. As far as the model from patlabor goes, it can be made as a vehicle class but with all the animations and movements of a soldier, even the cockpit mode would look just like you're controlling an ofp soldier except you can actually get out of this soldier and be a smaller soldier on the ground. Once you can accomplish that I can skin the thing to look like a Patlabor mecha. We'll take out the remove gun commands and all that so all it'll do is hold the gun, run around, duck, lie down, turn around, turn its head, but can't drop its gun. It should be able to throw a special mecha grenade too. Just a vehicle class soldier shell basically, skinned to be a mecha. The config.cpp will have to be edited for this, and the lod will have to be edited in oxygen.

Also, I think that I should have modmaker status right now.

Heres some info on the mod:

Name: crime city

Gangs/mafia/criminals:

Weapons dealers

Italian mafia

Chinese Triads

A few local gangs

The story hasnt been decided yet, but I hope it will be that you will be an undercover cop investigating a few cartel related murders, and will track down the leader of a huge cartel after getting info from many small gangs and traids.

I'm mission editor/storyline. Hey did you know there's another city building pack out called skyscrapers? Check out this link... skysrapers link272-SkyScrapers_V1.0-1.jpg There's also a phone booth which will come in handy for those meetings with the mysterious crime boss. 205-ZWA_Phone_Box-1.jpg