Tankbuster

Tanoa Hospital Composition?

Altis has a nice hospital in Kavala, but Tanoa has nothing comparable, or at least, nothing I could find.

Does anyone have or know of a Tanoa hospital composition? Failing that, any ideas as to where one might be placed?

Thanks in advance,

Tankbuster -Paul-

• Like 1

I sure haven't found any good locations. Most have to be thought up and crafted. Like for example, using cup terrains core, you can convert dirt roads to paved asphalt with the road overlays, then add to it with structures so it doesn't look so out of place. I guess there's no small hospital for the same reasons we see none of the basics: Fire station, Police Station and no Hospital.  There are a few places for clinics. I would build it up an area possibly east of the fortress on the south east island. Most of the good clearings are farms or at the end of runways which are good for nothing. Try around one of the cities.  I thought with the new DLC we are getting a new module to clear map terrain structures, or is that to set buildings damage/destroy map area settings only?  At least we get some tents with the new DLC.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. As you know, I'm working in vanilla, so CUP is out for now.

As you say, Tanoa is very hilly and the hospital objects are quite big, finding the place will be half the battle.

Saint Julien north of the city of Georgetown has a few flat open areas that could work. Plus, it is near the big city, so more realistic.

At one time, I was able to spawn the 3 pieces of the hospital from altis in the editor and lined them up. However, after making a composition and spawning it, it never seem to work right. It was always miss aligned.

Zombitch had a solution in a previous thread that's works well with a gamelogic. You can adjust the rotation of the gamelogic in editor to adjust in game

Hospital

Hope this helps

I was just looking at the area around St Julien actually. It shows promise.

I notice that the hospital buildings are now scope protected, so we can't get them into the game without some faff. Shame.

I hadn't seen that logic based solution. Will investigate that for sure.

Thanks a lot. :)

You are welcome.

Let me know what you come up with.

Reed

8 hours ago, das attorney said:

Can't you hideObjectGlobal some of the big buildings and place the hospital where they are?

I've not taken this command out to play yet. Now seems like a good time.

It does work, I've done it with other buildings - only things to consider is some of the terrain may look weird (but you can cover that up with other objects etc).

Now that you come to mention it, the unenterable Tanoan churches could do with be replaced by open, Altian ones.

• Like 1

Honestly, I like the work they did with the Tanoan churches. The ability to enter buildings have always been one of those things that doesn't happen for a certain majority of buildings, and then a certain handful in which are.  

I want to do some secondary mission stuff in the Tanoas church buildings, so I will replace a couple of them with Altian ones

You find a location for the hospital yet? I might replace a building with it instead of placing in an open space. 

I won't be able to really go at it until I get home tomorrow to my main PC. Trying to do it on a 15" laptop was nasty.

• Like 1

That is awesome and a great spot.

You mind sharing your solution?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Jnr4817 said:

That is awesome and a great spot.

You mind sharing your solution?

Thanks

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1126656583

Basically, in mission editor, put a rectangular marker over the plot you want to clear.

In server init, do a nearestterrainobjects over an area that more than covers the plot. this returns an array, iterate through that array using inarea marker to get a more accurate sresult and remove any that are inside the marker.

Remember that nearestterrainobjects and similar can only return results from a circle, whereas I wanted a rectangular space cleared.

Later in the mission setup, run code very similar to that provded by you and killzonekid.

Note that there's no marker for the hospital, but that would be easily made.

A more serious problem is that both nearestTerrainObjects and nearestObjects both still return these hidden objects. This is a problem for me because I use both those commands for finding buildings and objects to spawn dynamic 2ndary missions. The more recent isObjectHidden command rides to the rescue here, so I can exclude any hidden objects when I'm looking for likely buildings/objects to use in other 2ndaries, but it's something to bear in mind.

I tried hideObjectGlobal to find nearestBuilding with x,y,z in a game logic thinking that might help but doesn't work.

26 minutes ago, breech99 said:

I tried hideObjectGlobal to find nearestBuilding with x,y,z in a game logic thinking that might help but doesn't work.

What's your code dude?  Post it up and we can take a look

I tried placing in a game logic -----    hideObject ([0,0,0]) nearestObject 1234567);  with 1234567=ID of the map object

these two are wrong and didn't seem to work due to me coding it wrong:  (nearestBuilding this) hideObjectGlobal [25,25,0];  and hideObjectGlobal nearestBuilding[25,25,0];

8 hours ago, breech99 said:

Mike, don't forget that nearestbuilding will only find buildings with a pathlod, which only enterable buildings have. For example, it won't find Tanoa churches.

I goofed. I used hideObject ([0,0,0] nearestObject 456384);   Forgot to remove curve bracket. I tested a nice little industrial parking lot in Saint-Julien. Looks to be a cool urban location.

I did a test and removed some stuff, located in hidden and placed. See what you think buddy.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 1

@breech99 That's exactly where I was going to place mine. Give the helipad a nice view of the bay.

Why did you need to use so many game logics?

Yo wouldn't mid uploading your solution would you?

Thanks