Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Dynamic range for v 1.90

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (contraz0rz @ Nov. 24 2002,22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a question about dispersion editing. I search for dispersion in my config file and find it. But it doesn't look like theres any value for it. It says dispersion then alot of weird text, I don't see "0.0002" or anything like that. Help?<span id='postcolor'>

how are you looking at it?

from the sounds of it hes looking at the bin, you need to get a decoded config, alonewolf has them at his site, cant remember the address though...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Nov. 24 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am thinking about a tweaked version.  Vikingo has one which changes alot of items.  for example,  the RPG7's become the default light anti-tank weapon for the russians.

I will be releasing the cpp at some point, im not sure when<span id='postcolor'>

Good Idea PitViper!! It will be nice release a tweaked versions with those changes. Some addons are needed but you can make a pack with them and no problem. Here I wait excited for that release :-) Vikingo<span id='postcolor'>

BTW RPG-7 was never used as the Soviet Army's main AT weapon. It was mostly used by terorists and so on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW RPG-7 was never used as the Soviet Army's main AT weapon. It was mostly used by terorists and so on.<span id='postcolor'>

Check this pic in Chechnia... They are using that type of weapons and they aren't terrorists. Maybe in 1985 Soviet troops didn't use them but seems that now Russian soldiers use them. And well... I think the RGP7 look much more nice than the original RPG one so I happy with the change of this config.cpp I have here hehe

unidades_sov_rpg_01.jpg

unidades_sov_rpg_02.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (contraz0rz @ Nov. 25 2002,00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">w00t found the site: http://web.quick.cz/fholesinsky/OF/ I found the dispersion value and changed it. Now how do I compile it into a bin? Any links to any compiling/decompiling bin tools?<span id='postcolor'>

you need to do more than that to get those cpp's properly running. once you have completed that, use cpp2bin to bin it.

I do not know how to unzip a file to my flashpoint folder, my computer has extract all, then it asks "files will be extracted to

this directory". If I type in flashpoint or resistance I get a password needed box. Otherwise it just extracts it to my desktop. thanks for any help.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I used the Browse to get to OFP, and clicked on it and thats where the file went. Just like it was

supposed to. It sounds excellent!

Did people want me to release a version just with updated dispersion values? I could do that quickly.

actually. I'm going to hold off. it would create too much confusion. I'll incorporate those changes into the whole "tweaked" config kind of deal.

I LOVE IT - Thank you so much for this great piece of work making OFP even better biggrin.gif

Hi there ! While trying to play with DynamicRange1.90 I get this error message :

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/target.HideWeaponsDriver'

Then, crazy things happens. Guyz without weapons or Pilots out of their planes or choppers ....

Did I miss something ? It has always been working fine until 1.85 ? I just went for the change of the config.bin confused.gif

Thanx again ! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 23 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ISnt even close to the realistic sounds that I have in my own customized sound pack...the Hitman 1 AK sounds, Raven Shield M16, real Vulcan recording, Real M60 sounds, all this stuff cant be beat.  biggrin.gif

In case you were wondering...I watched a video of a bank shootout where 2 guys with ak47's on fullauto were shooting at cops, well let's jsut say HItman is the closest in terms of AK sounds!<span id='postcolor'>

do your tank shells whisle as they fly by?

I think not! biggrin.gif

Actually they do, this is not the only addon where they whistle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 04 2002,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually they do, this is not the only addon where they whistle.<span id='postcolor'>

Which sound packs have shells that whistle as they go by besides Satchel's pack? I was told you could ONLY get that effect if the config file was altered and that it wasn't possible just using a sound pack that is just a .pbo file.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think in every sound addon where is bulletwhistle sound.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Totala @ Dec. 03 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi there ! While trying to play with DynamicRange1.90 I get this error message :

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/target.HideWeaponsDriver'

Then, crazy things happens. Guyz without weapons or Pilots out of their planes or choppers ....

Did I miss something ? It has always been working fine until 1.85 ? I just went for the change of the config.bin confused.gif

Thanx again !  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you're using 1.90 DR config.bin for OFP 1.85? it doesn't work like that.

Obviously not. I updated OFP to 1.90 and then replaced your previous 1.85 config.bin (ADDONS forlder) for DR with the new one that works (except for me so far...) with 1.90.

I really enjoyed playing OFP 1.85 with DR 1.85 and again I hope to finally find out what's wrong with that one. For instance you can't see soldiers weapons confused.gif

Hi!

I have some suggestions to make:

Like in The HK-Pack there is some shot-sounds that seem to be recorded on a shooting range.

Most often a 100m or more rifle range is limited by concrete or earth walls to the left and to the right. Further the shooters are most often standing under a sort of roof. Alltogether gives the sound a "room" (all sorts of decay, echo etc.)

The original BIS sound don't have this "room" for a good reason.

If fired from out of a house or in a forest or on a vietnam-like-jungle-island, a shot with a lot of decay sounds stupid.

This means the shot sounds must be more "universal" in terms of the place/room where they're shot.

I dunno if you recorded the shots yourself? Anyways, I got an idea: if someone would try modifying an electronic hearing protector to be able to record what usually the shooter hears the sound might be quite realistic and without much of the rooms influence because the recording is very close to the source and decays quickly.

Try giving the shot sounds a quick decay and make them very short in time. The peak of a real life shot is between 140 and 165dB. This is REALY loud so that (without hearing protection) the shooter himself doesn't actually "hear" any more than a very short BLAST and nothing after it (like echo or else) until his hearing recovers. This is especially for shooting in rooms because the sound is reflected and therefor heard a couple of times longer and stronger. A charakteristik sound for a certain firearm would rather be recognized with some distance to the source (shooter and gun). I don't know if the OFP-engine allows this difference for gun shot sounds, what the shooter hears and what bystanders hear.

Unfortunately there's no sound system on this planet that could reproduce a proper gun shot with the original peak level ;-(

out

---

PLEASE: Don't touch the original sounds of the G36 and the Steyr AUG. I've shot both myself (RL) and their OFP-Sound-equivalent is right PERFECT!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Totala @ Dec. 05 2002,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Obviously not. I updated OFP to 1.90 and then replaced your previous 1.85 config.bin (ADDONS forlder) for DR with the new one that works (except for me so far...) with 1.90.

I really enjoyed playing OFP 1.85 with DR 1.85 and again I hope to finally find out what's wrong with that one. For instance you can't see soldiers weapons  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

verify that the files are all in the correct location.

What can I say ? I love it  biggrin.gif

Don't know what was wrong but I downloaded the full pack instead of the update and everything works fine !

PitViper, thank you 4 making this game even better !!

This is the 3rd soundpack I tried and it's the best out of all of them, and a huge improvement over the default OFP sounds. The only thing I didn't like too much is the grenade sounds. Maybe it's just my soundcard, but they have way too much bass for a grenade explosion and sound more like a bomb than a grenade. It should be alot more of a sharp, metallic popping or snapping kind of sound than a deep, muffled explosion sound. Sort of more like a snare drum, than a bass drum.