Hey. I'm trying to retexture the Arma 3 Beret to look like this but its not as simple as i thought. 

I need help and a way to retexture it in 3D or at least visualize the "roundness" of the model

This is what i did:

This is how it looks ingame:

dRZjqF9.png

I think the issue is that default assets are still binarised and not available publicly. To do a proper job you'd need the mesh so you can extract the UV shells and export them to an image format. Then you can see the mapping.

Judging from the in game image, it's not unwrapped the way you think it is. What does the original look like?

The texture isn't matching the UVmapping, as the cap badge is being used as a reference to where the OP thinks the demarcation line is between the black and green, whereas the demarcation line should be on the beret part where you can see the outline of his texture.

If he drops that yellow/gold horizontal line to below the cap badge, he might get a better look.

On 27/05/2017 at 9:31 PM, Macser said:

To do a proper job you'd need the mesh so you can extract the UV shells and export them to an image format. Then you can see the mapping.

What he said.

5Yk4jjt.png

• Like 1

da12thMonkey am I right in thinking that there's no un-binarised version of this model so it's not possible to change the normal map, for example?

You might try hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] in the config to assign a new .rvmat, but it's not always reliable due to some bug in Arma