Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

Whee! I finally beat the IL2 Bomber campaign!

And now I've come to the conclusion that the Panzer II was by far the best anti-aircraft vehicle in WWII, since it knocked me out of the sky at least 10 times tounge.gif

I want it!!!  biggrin.gif

tounge.gif i love the damage model.. in the demo i always try to make as nice escapes as possible (20 FW's behind you on ace level and then make a run for it with AAA tounge.gif)

and when i crashland i use the MG on the IL-2 to shoot trucks on the ground tounge.gif)

I'm definently looking forward to the bombers most of all now that I read the story Tovarish posted.  Well, that and the Me262 still tounge.gif

Call me insane but the first thing I'm doing is trying out the Dynamic campaign in the early days of the war as a I-153 "Chaika" pilot biggrin.gif

I'm probably going to try out the Me262 first, do some high speed manuvers, strafe some PE-8's with my four 30mm. cannons, have a flameout in both engines, and fall to a fiery death crazy.gif

I cant wait for Forgotten Battles.Its just right around the corner. biggrin.gif

I plan on flying the ME-262 first to.Plus check out the bombers, and the diffrent gunner postions.

So far the release date for Forgotten battles has been a subject of many rumors on the IL-2 Forums...now we finally have an official date set:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">IL-2 Sturmovikâ„¢: Forgotten Battles Goes Gold

Full-featured sequel to award-winning combat flight sim to hit stores in March

San Francisco – February 19, 2003 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the top ten video game publishers in the world, today announced that the highly anticipated World War II combat flight simulation IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles has gone gold. The game, part of Ubi Soft’s Strategic Simulations line, will ship to U.S. retail stores March 4, 2003.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles is the full-featured sequel to the hugely popular, multi-award winning IL-2: Sturmovik World War II combat flight simulation. Created by 1C Maddox Games, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles adds new maps and missions for both single and multiplayer play, as well as dozens of new World War II aircraft, including the American P-47 “Thunderbolt†and German Ju-87 “Stuka,†a new dynamic campaign system, and several other features for almost limitless replayability. For more information, including a complete list of all new aircraft, maps and features, visit www.IL2sturmovik.com.

“Fans of the original IL-2: Sturmovik, as well as newcomers, should be thrilled with the sheer amount of new content in this sequel,†said Matt Wagner, producer for Ubi Soft Entertainment. “From the new Dynamic Campaign, to the new maps dedicated to multiplayer, and dozens of added features, there’s a lot for sim fans to enjoy.â€

About 1C: Maddox Games

Maddox Games was founded in 1992, developing more than 40 games and multimedia products for MS-DOS, Windows and Pen Pad platforms. The company developed music players, puzzles, simulators, 3D-shooters as well as serious products like special electronic maps and scientific software tools. Maddox Games is a multi-award winning software company in Russia, earning several national prizes in different contests. In 1999 Maddox Games joined the 1C company, the largest Software House in Russia, giving the team a new name - 1C:Maddox Games. Years spent in research and development by the team, produced a good and stable base to build upon with making games in various genres, from 3D strategy games and vehicles simulators, to flight and space simulators.

About Ubi Soft Entertainment

Ubi Soft Entertainment is an international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the multimedia industry, Ubi Soft's strong and diversified line-up has grown considerably, as has Ubi Soft itself. As well as steadfastly continuing to partner with several high-profile companies, Ubi Soft has also confirmed its presence on the global market by developing its own exceptional properties. Founded in 1986 in France, Ubi Soft is now present on every continent, both through offices in 22 different countries including the United States, Brazil, Morocco, Germany and China and through sales of products in over 50 countries. The group is dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers around the world. To learn more, visit www.ubi.com.

©2003 Ubi Soft, Inc. All rights reserved. Ubi Soft Entertainment and the Ubi Soft logo are registered trademarks and IL-2: Sturmovik, and IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles are trademarks of Ubi Soft, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Matt "Wags" Wagner

Producer / Ubi Soft Entertainment

IL-2 Forgotten Battles

Lock On: Modern Air Combat<span id='postcolor'>

http://forums.ubi.com/message....d=zkzcy

Ah, I love official press releases: 2 paragraphs of real info, and 10 paragraphs of fluff. Oh well, those 2 paragraphs are all I need. Can't wait to see how the dynamic campaign works out.

if i remember corrrectly ubi soft was one of the companys that were going to publish OFP before codemaster took it on smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Jan. 18 2003,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Call me insane but the first thing I'm doing is trying out the Dynamic campaign in the early days of the war as a I-153 "Chaika" pilot biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh that should be amusing, you trying to win the war for the Rodina in your little buzz plane. Maybe the Me-109 pilots will feel so sorry for you that they won't shoot you down tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Feb. 20 2003,02:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh that should be amusing, you trying to win the war for the Rodina in your little buzz plane. Maybe the Me-109 pilots will feel so sorry for you that they won't shoot you down tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh you think? We should set up a little 1 on 1 sometime smile.gif. You in your choice of early war 109 and me in a 1933 model I-16 smile.gif. You should see me get pilot kills in that baby.

March 4th. Hrm.

So doI go to Staples tomorrow and buy the original IL-2? Or do I save the money for FB? Argh! Decisions, decisions, decisions! Plus I want Neverwinter Nights, now that a bunch of my friends play it. Too many things, too little money!

If I were you right now I would wait. The only thing IL-2 has that FB wont is the original campaigns, and who cares about those anyways when the new campaigns will be dynamic!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here are the updated minimum system requirements for Forgotten Battles:

Windows®98/ME/2000/XP

Pentium III 800 or better

256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)

3D video card (DirectX 8.1 compatible) w/32MB RAM (64MB recommended)

Sound Card (Direct 8.1 compatible)

DirectX 8.1 or higher (included on disc)

4X CD-ROM or better (Not recommended for use with CD-RWs)

Internet connection (56 kbps or better) or LAN for multiplayer

Hard Drive Space 1.1 GB

The feaures section on the website has also been updated with this information.

<span id='postcolor'>

Here is the minimum system req.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ Feb. 21 2003,17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">do you need a joystick to play il-2?

I"m thinking about getting it.<span id='postcolor'>

no...., not really, only about as much as you need a mouse to play Flashpoint tounge.gifwink.gif. Get a good joystick and get Forgotten battles, believe me, it'll be worth it.

But... but... but...

I fly the planes in OFP fine with a keyboard and mouse!

crazy.gif

Wahahahahahahahaha!

I have been satisfying myself by playing around in the second IL-2 demo. If you dont have the full game and want to at least try the engine out without buying it, this is a great demo!

Did you guys see the latest updates!?

Forgotten Battles Skin Templates Available

Six screenshots with Radeon 9700 card

and

Video Competition Results

biggrin.gif

The video competition winners were awesome! The first place winner is a must-download for anyone who likes "Oh Fortuna"...even if it is pure Luftwaffe propaganda tounge.gifwink.gif

What hits me first is how close the ties between the community and the developers are. Oh yeah, that and they actually tell their fans what they're working on tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 22 2003,04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What hits me first is how close the ties between the community and the developers are.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, have you seen the forums? It seems to me like 1/4 of the posts there are to accuse Oleg of Russian bias and intentional undermodeling of German (and now even American before they are released) aircraft. It's the only community where I've seen the head developer called a "cheater" wink.gif

No, I generally steer clear of the UbiSoft forums. No matter how good their games are, their forums seem to attract all the bottom feeders smile.gif You should have seen the trash in the Splinter Cell forums when I went to check the game out last year... friggin wasteland lol