Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

Anyone else have the problem on some german fighters that half the crosshair in the gunsight isnt even visible? Is that just me being an ignorant little bitch, or did the Germans just have really awful optics engineers (that's a joke guys)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 26 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone else have the problem on some german fighters that half the crosshair in the gunsight isnt even visible? Is that just me being an ignorant little bitch, or did the Germans just have really awful optics engineers (that's a joke guys)<span id='postcolor'>

Read page 8 of this thread smile.gif

<span style='color:red'>*edit*</span>Read the whole page, as the first answer is incorrect.

Wow, that's messed up. Thanks bro, I gotta go to class now- figure I have to make an appearence, last day before Thanksgiving holiday. Cheers!

I love shooting the engines of bombers. Be it a Pe-8 or a Me-323, or even a Zwilling!(Those linked bombers) I must say, this game hooked me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Nov. 30 2002,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">13.4mb - Higher Quality Version

(I recommend you right click and 'Save As'wink.gif

Here's the link for the forum thread is was posted in.<span id='postcolor'>

two thumbs up!

nice movie smile.gif

Also, the high gore in IL-2, really is kind of weak though.All you see is just red spots on the cockpit and you can only see it in 3rd person view.

mig3U1942.JPG

Now thats wicked!A Mig-3U, 1942.I took that picture. smile.gif

Oh, and when converting it to JPEG, it sort of ruins the quilty of the image.But it makes the file size small.

Ha Mig 3u's!

Scratch the buggers and they light up.....

Behold a real man's plane!

blazing_guns.jpg

The joys of the MK108..... (Okay its an Emil, but you get the idea)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Dec. 01 2002,06:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, the high gore in IL-2, really is kind of weak though.All you see is just red spots on the cockpit and you can only see it in 3rd person view.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure of that?

I thought that Oleg Maddox said a long time ago that he wasnt going to put in either gore or swastikas so nobody got offended.

Yup its in there.If you want, i can take a picture of it.But its sort of disapointing though.Its not like the gore in SOFII, but just little red spot on the canopy.

You also have to config the IL-2 conf file to acctivate it.

HighGore=1

And its only on certain planes to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Dec. 01 2002,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Dec. 01 2002,06wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, the high gore in IL-2, really is kind of weak though.All you see is just red spots on the cockpit and you can only see it in 3rd person view.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure of that?

I thought that Oleg Maddox said a long time ago that he wasnt going to put in either gore or swastikas so nobody got offended.<span id='postcolor'>

The swastikas can only be made visible through the game menu on the Russian version. In other versions, you can download IL-2 Manager and tweak the game so that swastikas are visible on the German medals and aircraft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ Dec. 01 2002,01:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the heck does "swastikas" mean?<span id='postcolor'>

A Nazi symbol that people generally have very bad feelings towards. (originally a druid good-luck symbol if I remember right)

Technically, its a symbol of good luck, and has been around for many, many years.

The NSDAP took these symbols and used them for popularity purposes. The 'goosestep' for example, was a traditional Prussian march, but this was also integrated.

The Swastika, is still used in some parts of the world, in it's original form, as a good luck symbol.

Ok i got the pictures.And there all alittle bigger then 100k, so here are the links for my pictures of the gore in the canopy.(and dont worry, its not anything gross wink.gif )

http://home.attbi.com/~dennyshunk/conopy.JPG

This screen looks really cool, and also, here is the proof you cant see gore inside the canopy, but you can see the gore outside of the canopy.

http://home.attbi.com/~dennyshunk/gore1.JPG

This is before

http://home.attbi.com/~dennyshunk/gore2.JPG

And this is the gore.Like i said, just little red spots.

(and sorry, converting it from BMP to JPEG screws the quiltity of the pictures)

Look at it this way.

Your 8 year old child comes up to you and asks you "what are those little red spots for?"

Sadly, most parents would rather keep their kids from reality than explain anything to them.

It would also crank up the rating from T to M most likely.The only way to get the gore, by configuring the conf file.

The swastika as used by Nazi Germany rotates opposite to the original symbol. That's how you tell them apart.