Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

I just got to the Crimean peninsula, in a MiG-3 w/2 Shvaks after my campaign in Moscow flying a MiG-3 w/2 UB's was cut short when a Ju-88 I was chasing set my engine on fire (luckily it went into a death dive as I bailed so it didn't explode near me). I think this is where the tide begins to turn, and I think I get a P-39 or a P-40 after this campaign if I make it through....just as well, after flying just about every variant of Mig-3 I'm getting very tired of having to watch for fire every time I'm hit biggrin_o.gif.

As for Koolkid's question, it's in one word, amazing, and I believe it comes bundled with Lo-Mac now.

*edit* oh and Koolkid, everyone plays in the Hyperlobby ( strangely their website is down ATM rock.gif )

The new EP is looking very nice to say the least! The LOMAC waters seem to have been implemented. On second thought they look better. And the Zero looks brilliant aswell!

I have just begun my career as a Finnish brewster pilot (the first time I played without the red alt. speed and hdg. indicators) our first mission to fly cover for a recon flight failed miserable as six MIG-3's tore apart our flight. I barely managed to get out of my first sortie (with a failing rudder, leaking fuel tank and a small bullet wound) but I did manage to score on one MIG-3, one of the best gameplay moments in a long time I tell you.

I can't wait to fly Swedish Gladiators over Finland!

How do you target someone is there like a radar thing like OPF?

err, not as such. You can enable padlock, which will keep your pilot's head oriented towards your victim at all times, but that's about it.

Turn on the map and activate the mini map path in difficulty smile_o.gif

[rant]Why oh WHY can't either Ati or 1C fix the problems that Radeon cards have with Il2FB?? It is absolutely mindboggling that after so many patches and so many drivers, I still can't run FB on Perfect settings without getting all sorts of funky artifacts and other assorted BS? The sheer insanity of it is astounding.[/rant]

Bah, lucky bastard, at least you can run it close to perfect. I still have a Radeon 7500. Haven't been able to upgrade anything since my first year of college tounge_o.gif

Heh, Supah convinced me yesterday to get this game, now just lets hope the stores have it, everything always seems to be out of stock when I want to buy it sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

FB should definatley be in stores. You can always get the LOMAC+FB (Or was that regular IL-2?) bundle. Wich should get you alot of bang for your buck.

I also want to express my love for the FW-190, simply the coolest aircraft in the world. I am currently flying it over Stalingrad, it's a real thrill being chased by four I-16's and then out manouvering them, shooting down the majority of them with your 20mm cannons biggrin_o.gif

Just a few minutes ago a few LaGG-3's were chasing me and my Schwarm around the outskirts of Stalingrad after a successful bombing run on a supply train. They took down two of my wingmen and chased me and my commander for I don't know how long, finally I decided to take them on and I looped around, putting my wings vertically I shot down one of the agressor aircraft, my commander quickly dispatched of the other one and we began the long flight back home...

Weeeee! biggrin_o.gif (just read Oleg saying he will evaluate a third party model of the Il-10, and if is acceptable, will ask for someone to complete a cockpit) - Think of an il-2 with the maneuverability of an La-5 and speed only 10-15 km/h less that of Me-109G-2 and FW-109A-4. This one is way overdue and I hope it makes it in...really, it's a logical addition to a sim by the name of Il-2...much more than some of the experimental fighters that have become flyable over time....

The model to be evaluated

Weeeee! biggrin_o.gif (just read Oleg saying he will evaluate a third party model of the Il-10, and if is acceptable, will ask for someone to complete a cockpit) - Think of an il-2 with the maneuverability of an La-5 and speed only 10-15 km/h less that of Me-109G-2 and FW-109A-4. This one is way overdue and I hope it makes it in...really, it's a logical addition to a sim by the name of Il-2...much more than some of the experimental fighters that have become flyable over time....

The model to be evaluated

I have never actually flown an entire mud moving campaign wink_o.gif Been having too much fun with the fighters. Might give it a go smile_o.gif The IL-10 looks nice, if its as good as you say then its going to give some Fw190 pilots a seriously bad day smile_o.gif

The IL-10 looks nice, if its as good as you say then its going to give some Fw190 pilots a seriously bad day smile_o.gif

It does indeed look nice. But currently I feel really confident behind the rudder of my FW-190, the only thing that can bring me down at the moment is a shot up IL-4*.

*Just today one of my wingmen shot down an IL-4, wich came falling down on my poor Focke Wulf, he's got the most kills in the squadron that guy, but he is really dangerous tounge_o.gif

Are you sure about that GoOB? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Armament (fixed): four NS-23 23 mm cannons in wings and one UB-20 20 mm of tail gunner

Quote[/b] ]Armament (fixed): four NS-23 23 mm cannons in wings and one UB-20 20 mm of tail gunner

Maybe when its released you should show go0b the pleasures of 4 x 23 mm smile_o.gif Thats gonna rip the wings of one of those wurgers pretty quick.

When I dive with my FW-190 from 4000 metres at full speed nothing's gonna stop me, excpetions being: The ground and falling IL-4's tounge_o.gif

But it will be nice flying the IL-10 though, hunting armored columns with one of those won't be boring. And finally we'll be able to hurt enemy aircraft with our tailguns wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You might also be interested to know that the complex damage system will now be implemented in all aircraft (i.e. - the Fw-190's fuselage will no longer be invulnerable to machine gun fire - nor will a single 50. cal round be able to rip off it's wings)

Do'h! I just got back from a walk with a few friends... And whilst I was gone the puppy dog in the family decided to shred the power cable to my joystick! I noticed it when I sat down with my toe on the cable, luckily the puppy didn't get fried my toe however did sad_o.gif

So instead of flying my FW-190 and my IL-2 I'll be out in the garage fixing the cable....

That sucks  sad_o.gif. The only thing my cat has ever done that interfered with my simming experience was to try to lick a plane I was chasing on the screen. Then again just last night I left my new digital camera plugged in to my computer via the USB cable and this morning I found that he had decided to play with the cable and my camera was on the floor....but it was ok smile_o.gif. Hope it's a simple electrical tape fix

You might also be interested to know that the complex damage system will now be implemented in all aircraft (i.e. - the Fw-190's fuselage will no longer be invulnerable to machine gun fire - nor will a single 50. cal round be able to rip off it's wings)

GOOD! I remember flying a hurricane campaign and being unable to even cause damage to them with my machine guns no matter how many rounds i put in to them. Very frustrating crazy_o.gif

FB should definatley be in stores. You can always get the LOMAC+FB (Or was that regular IL-2?) bundle. Wich should get you alot of bang for your buck....

You aint gonna believe it, but EVERY store had IL2. All for very low prices but.... (big BUT) NO store had IL2FB crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

as for the Lo-mac/Il2FB combo, I didn't see that either... but I wouldn't have bought that anyway, since Lo-mac runs really crap on my system (wich is a fairly good rig) sad_o.gif

[edit] forgot smileys tounge_o.gif

If you can hold out for a little bit, the Gold edition of Forgotten Battles will be out along with the Aces Expansion. It will include both FB and the addon. Not sure of pricing in Europe, but in the US, the addon is listed as ~$29.99, the gold version for only $10 more, so may save you a bit of cash to get em all at once. If however you wanna get in the air now, don't let me stop you. smile_o.gif (I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of the experience that is IL2 FB! )

How do I pan using my hat switch on my joystick?Its frustrating using the snap views. crazy_o.gif

But I'm lookin into TrackIR2 maybe.