pettka

Tides Feedback

@Grumpy Old Man This a quite an extreme case, i found the absolute lowest tide I could over a period of i think 10 years in the editor. I imagine in rel life locations such as this would be dredged to stop this from happening. I'll have a look again tonight but i'm not sure if the main docks on the north side of the main island are as badly affected. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flax said:

@Grumpy Old Man This a quite an extreme case, i found the absolute lowest tide I could over a period of i think 10 years in the editor. I imagine in rel life locations such as this would be dredged to stop this from happening. I'll have a look again tonight but i'm not sure if the main docks on the north side of the main island are as badly affected. 

Yes absolutely they would be dredged. From this screenshot the port was never deep enough to begin with although with a lack of large ships in game this was probably not even  considered in the initial design process of the islands. Hopefully one day a "splendid" dredging crew will come and dredge any necessary ports that need it :)  

• Like 1

I would tell the CEO to not waste the arma3 teams time with silly requests  

leave tides disabled by default and focus on other stuff, allow users to enable if they choose but dont waste dev time on it, please.

36 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

I would tell the CEO to not waste the arma3 teams time with silly requests  

leave tides disabled by default and focus on other stuff, allow users to enable if they choose but dont waste dev time on it, please.

Might be best.

Considering that it renders any command that relies on positionASL non reliable (getposASL, eyepos, intersect commands etc)

Cheers

• Like 1

Yes, it should be kept. However, it highlights a problem: tides or no tides, the harbors on Altis and Stratis (dunno about Tanoa) are way too shallow, especially at low tide. I would have serious reservations about bringing a sailboat in there (anything larger than a daggerboard dinghy, really), but those look like they should be deep enough to fit much larger vessels. It was the case before, now the problem is just more pronounced and easier to see.

• Like 2

On 28/04/2017 at 4:01 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

Tides are a pretty important feature as they could easily completely change some maps that make use of sea level for lakes, etc. Prei Long for example could use it to pretty awesome effect. I'm hoping this doesn't get abandoned as is looked into further.

• Like 3

We've played quite a bit on LYTHIUM and I've often wondered why the author didn't raise the water level. There is a beautiful water shed feature but it's mostly dry. I have no idea if this is the way it is in Afghanistan. I would like to flood it a little but when I plug the name in (LYTHIUM) also tried (LYTHIUM,FFAA) I get an error.

07etO86.jpg