6 minutes ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Looks like I was the one who was mistaken, consider myself corrected.

You were not mistaken :) The missile can find and track down targets on its own. Pre-launch (targeted via "T") or post-launch (autoSeekTarget & LoalDistance). Having the anti-radiation sensor on a vehicle is just a matter of convenience - this way the player can cycle through targets via Next target action - "R" (aka tab-lock).

@oukej Passive IR seekers (AA short range or Titan AT....) 

Missile warnings - we probably won't be removing the MWR but there's now a way a limit distance how far the vehicle can detect an incoming missile.

Will this be available as a script command? Or limit the warning system of a vehicle in other ways?

e.g:

•  _vehicle missileWarning [0 / 1 / 2].             (0 = no warning, 1 = warning only about launch, 2 = warning about launch and missile position an lock)
  •  _vehicle missileWarningRange [_range].        (At what range will you be warned about missile locks / missiles)
  •  _vehicle missileWarningIR [true/false]          (Detect IR missiles, yes, no) 

Or change it into a simple „missile warning“, without telling the player the direction the missile is coming from?

For an aircraft it can also be very annoying when you for example get a permanent lock warning by a Centurion that has no ammo left and is like 12km away...

Edited by Yoshi_E
Saw older answer by oukej
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, Yoshi_E said:

For an aircraft it can also be very annoying when you for example get a permanent lock warning by a Centurion that has no ammo left and is like 12km away...

I think the solution here is to get radar-based systems to stop locking if they're out of ammo...

I usually don't like digging up old threads but I wasn't able to find any viable information on this:

Is there a hard cap for max detection range in the game engine? Because no matter what maxRange I put into the config I can't get my radar to detect anything beyond 20km.

I can get weapons to lock on longer range via datalink though. 

If so is there a workaround for longer detection ranges?