bigshot

Vehicle Sounds Still ON Even After Blowing Up!

I'm having a specific sound issue in Arma that I wasn't having a couple months ago... AI controlled tanks will still have their engine's/sound running even after blowing them up and destroying the tank so it's on fire. The sound will not stop until the tank is deleted from the mission.

Is this a known issue?

...weird, haven't read anyone else mentioning it around the forums though.

Can confirm this in a vanilla game. Killed 2 Varsuks, one still made engine tickover noise.

I know we sometimes have a bug with a jet or helicopter sound that just wont go away, not even after the asset is despawned from the mission. But i think we already had that before 1.66, however it doesn't happen very often. 

Can you always reproduce your bug, like every time you blow up a tank? Do you still hear the sound even when you move away from the vehicle?

Just had this bug again in a vanilla game, this time it was a Kamysh. I deleted the vehicle using debug tools and the noise stopped.

13 hours ago, GanX said:

I know we sometimes have a bug with a jet or helicopter sound that just wont go away, not even after the asset is despawned from the mission. But i think we already had that before 1.66, however it doesn't happen very often. 

Can you always reproduce your bug, like every time you blow up a tank? Do you still hear the sound even when you move away from the vehicle?

I think the two bugs are different. What you're describing I've had before 1.66 as well, and only with specific mod vehicles (helicopters almost always).

7 hours ago, sniper_x002 said:

I think the two bugs are different. What you're describing I've had before 1.66 as well, and only with specific mod vehicles (helicopters almost always).

You are probably right. To be honest i haven't noticed if the bug we have only occurs with vehicles from modpacks, i gotta look into that.