Lately ive been trying out all the spawn/cacheing systems available, all with there own pluses and minuses and i usually use EOS for all my missions but its a little limited for certain things, especially incorporating editor placed units, ive just tried the Simulator Manager module by placing around 450 units on a map and with a radius of 1000 and im impressed, this is just a simple stress test with no other mission scripts or mods involved, i wish i had discovered this earlier, looking forward to testing it more but so far i gotta give credit to BI, this seems to be a very good system.

Edit: would be nice to have an exclude option.

Edited by katipo66
Exclude option
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, katipo66 said:

ive just tried the Simulator Manager module by placing around 450 units on a map and with a radius of 1000 and im impressed, this is just a simple stress test with no other mission scripts or mods involved, i wish i had discovered this earlier, looking forward to testing it more but so far i gotta give credit to BI, this seems to be a very good system.

Edit: would be nice to have an exclude option.

Same for me, using for a long time. The module has a reversible feature on units. It's far better than new dynamic simulation (one way ticket for sim)

You can easily exclude some units, just naming them. If the unit belongs to a group, the named unit is excluded and the other ones are included. Amazing;

The waypoint is linked to leader. So, if leader is excluded, it follows the wpt then all group units will spawn when the leader reaches the distance of simulation.

For script, or in group field, a simple:

{_x setVehicleVarName name _x} forEach units this;  will work also if needed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Same for me, using for a long time. The module has a reversible feature on units. It's far better than new dynamic simulation (one way ticket for sim)

You can easily exclude some units, just naming them. If the unit belongs to a group, the named unit is excluded and the other ones are included. Amazing;

The waypoint is linked to leader. So, if leader is excluded, it follows the wpt then all group units will spawn when the leader reaches the distance of simulation.

For script, or in group field, a simple:

{_x setVehicleVarName name _x} forEach units this;  will work also if needed

Nice, cheers mate, ill test that and see how it works.

civilian groups do not freeze when the commands are applied to them.  It seems (at least on my PC) that dynamic simulation only works for blufor, opfor and resistance.

• Sad 2

2 requests:

1 - A bool getter to determine whether an entity has been disabled by scripted "enablesimulation(global)" or dynamic simulation system.

2 - An option to also toggle "hideobjectglobal" on the disabled unit to smooth out edge-cases where client can see disabled unit from long-distance.

I think the dynamic simulation system is great. The implementation is just what I want and need. The system works flawlessly in single player, but seems to struggle on a dedicated server.  Some questions:

1. Anyone else struggling with dynamic simulation running a dedicated server?

2.  Specifically with a headless connected

3. Can civilian faction units be cached?

4. Is there an easy way to see which units trigger the simulation activation?

-k

On 04/02/2018 at 7:50 AM, nkenny said:

Anyone else struggling with dynamic simulation running a dedicated server?

One my side that reduce the server load only for the AI, on the static object there is no big improvement, that help the client not the server, its always better than nothing but in my opinion that help a lot the group/clan that need to edit few mission with multiple objective everyweek cause its easy to exclude the reinforcement AI unit and include static defense unit, it can be done with few click.

After that for the bigger scenario like a CTI or an open world sandbox its better to use a custom script to spawn/delete the vehicle, unit, item...