Sign in to follow this  
lordprimate

anyone else having issues with keybinds with the new update?

I`m always keep copy of all arma cfg (my documents ) files to restore keybind ...

People are reporting this everywhere.

Sometimes it feels like this game should be labeled a Beta. There is no excuse for a game I've owned for YEARS to constantly be altering things like this.

I usually delete all files in the ArmA3 user settings folder after an update and let the game write it all new. That prevebted a lot of problem even back then with major ArmA 2 updates.

This was why i switched back to stable from Dev a few weeks back. The new keybinds messed up my xpadder a lot...

This was why i switched back to stable from Dev a few weeks back. The new keybinds messed up my xpadder a lot...

As you know, I use Xpadder too.

I'm kinda terrified to open Steam right now. Will it really break my binds no matter what I do?

As you know, I use Xpadder too.

I'm kinda terrified to open Steam right now. Will it really break my binds no matter what I do?

Well I am not sure. I was on Dev about 3 weeks ago and it caused me issues. What happened was when I open the action menu, I used to be able to press the "fire" button which was linked to X on my controller. So long as the menu was open, my character would not fire and instead the button would select things in the menu.

After the change however, the button would select things as normal, but would also cause my  player to fire his weapon. I had to do a lot of jiggling, and finally changed it so that I could instead use my controller's A button for menu stuff-however this would make my weapon change fire mode at each press. Not much of an issue-but slightly annoying.

I dont know if more changes have occurred since then as I have been on stable and have not played Arma since today's update.  

• Like 1

Well I am not sure. I was on Dev about 3 weeks ago and it caused me issues. What happened was when I open the action menu, I used to be able to press the "fire" button which was linked to X on my controller. So long as the menu was open, my character would not fire and instead the button would select things in the menu.

After the change however, the button would select things as normal, but would also cause my  player to fire his weapon. I had to do a lot of jiggling, and finally changed it so that I could instead use my controller's A button for menu stuff-however this would make my weapon change fire mode at each press. Not much of an issue-but slightly annoying.

I dont know if more changes have occurred since then as I have been on stable and have not played Arma since today's update.

Could you let me know what you had to do to get your stored binding compatible with the update whenever you get a chance to take a peak? I'm just not going to even open Steam until I have a gameplan for this.

Fortunately I have another game I can play which I can launch through UPlay. And honestly it's total crap that a game that's over 3 years old get sweeping controls changes forced on users. I've never heard such a thing.

I open my action menu by holding the A button on my 360 gamepad. Then I scroll through the options with my DPad and select my options by single pressing A. It all works so well and I don't have any spare buttons to add new binds.

Anyway, I'd love to get your take on how to revert back to the original settings if you ever get a chance to check it out or if it's even possible to get it back to where it was.

• Like 1

Could you let me know what you had to do to get your stored binding compatible with the update whenever you get a chance to take a peak? I'm just not going to even open Steam until I have a gameplan for this.

Fortunately I have another game I can play which I can launch through UPlay. And honestly it's total crap that a game that's over 3 years old get sweeping controls changes forced on users. I've never heard such a thing.

I open my action menu by holding the A button on my 360 gamepad. Then I scroll through the options with my DPad and select my options by single pressing A. It all works so well and I don't have any spare buttons to add new binds.

Anyway, I'd love to get your take on how to revert back to the original settings if you ever get a chance to check it out or if it's even possible to get it back to where it was.

Sure-i'll figure it out and pm you tomorrow evening

• Like 1

ok, so a littl back story, 

I recieved the update, decided it would be good, since it was a large update, to reinstall the game. So, i deleted and reinstalled the game. Consider it a "Hard" file verification. So I did that. play'd the game. could not put my finger on what was happening. So i deleted my user.arma3profile.. da da da... and boom brand new game like its never seen me... 

So, I put all the settings back, my keybinds back. go in and play and i cant figure out why i cannot use my action menu.. im soo use to the mouse scroll left click it was crazy i was shooting and i almost Tk'd. (i had hopped on a pubby server) so after that i was thinking ... hmm something not right.. kinda frustrated. i looked threw the keybinds to find the action stuffs. and tried a few things .. ended up haveing to choose a new action button... which is good... just a change i didnt know about.. i looked threw the changelog and saw some stuff pertaining to that so ... i figured, fuck my life... gotta retrain that finger.. and since it was so simple i kinda felt more of an idiot then normal. yea, 

they changed the way the action menu works.. which is cool but different

Lordprimate, are you saying it's literally impossible to even bind the controls to the way it used to be? It's not just the action menu I'm reading about that's changed for people. I'm hearing talk of ADS, zoom, hold breath and using the default action menu option (example: when hurt and you have a medkit and you get the heal icon on the screen) all changing too.

Since the last big update, problems as well for Sniper class, APC'S TANK ETC..GUNNER.

ZOOM IN + ZOOM OUT inside optics mode, sniper or vehicle gunner, is glitchy works every now and than.

This was reported by friends and happen to me while playing online.

I've tried to delete my keybindings for zoom in zoom out, and put a new keybind. Does not work. Problem will come back...

I've not tested this issue in single player mod.

Only MP in PVP