Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

I'm going to guess Tu-128. If it is a Tu-128 than the record would be that it is the largest interceptor ever made.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Nov. 19 2002,03:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going to guess Tu-128.  If it is a Tu-128 than the record would be that it is the largest interceptor ever made.<span id='postcolor'>

Bingo! (I picked a shot of the bottom for a purpose, those missiles don't look like any Russian air to surface missile, they're AA.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Allright, how about this one?

fig5.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

That would be a Nakajima Ki-201 "Karyu", a shameless ripoff of the Me 262 smile.gif

Edit: Sorry, I meant Nakajima J8N1 "Kikka"

the second one would be right smile.gif. Really though, everyone and their brother ripped off German designs during and after WWII, at least the Japanese were allied to them. Funny how the first "battle" of the cold war was to grab as many Nazi scientists and advanced weapons before the other guy did.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">e3.jpg

It is very simple: It is a J-22 Orao  - a Yugoslav fighter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">You can post answer here but I want to hear what brings you to your conclusion <span id='postcolor'>

Why I came to the conclusion: I have inspected a couple of them in Kosovo smile.gif

Edit: I think I also saw one or two of them in Croatia. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly smile.gif

I shoudl expected it.

Next time it will be much harder  tounge.gif

You were all right with my pics smile.gif:)

Il post some more when I get home

P.S Erex that shot of the Shinden without prop + engine was mean ,wasn't it tounge.gif

Ok how about this plane:

plane2.jpg

plane3.jpg

plane4.jpg

plane5.jpg

Some hints, it was a production aircraft (not prototype). It held a world record as the fastest jet at that time (for a while).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok how about this plane:

plane2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Saab J-29-F "Tunnan"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saab J-29-F "Tunnan"<span id='postcolor'>

Correct. Damn you're good smile.gif I thought that it would be a difficult one smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saab J-29-F "Tunnan"<span id='postcolor'>

Correct. Damn you're good smile.gif I thought that it would be a difficult one smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's all a matter of elimination smile.gif. It's not a MiG-9 or a Yak-23, which look similar, the only US plane like it was the X-5, not a production model, so I decided to see if Sweden had a fighter of similar configuration, seeing as your'e swedish smile.gif. All it took was a search for "early Saab jets".

Ok, try this now:

Guess.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saab J-29-F "Tunnan"<span id='postcolor'>

Correct. Damn you're good smile.gif I thought that it would be a difficult one smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's all a matter of elimination smile.gif. It's not a MiG-9 or a Yak-23, which look similar, the only US plane like it was the X-5, not a production model, so I decided to see if Sweden had a fighter of similar configuration, seeing as your'e swedish smile.gif. All it took was a search for "early Saab jets".

Ok, try this now:

Guess.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Looks like a He-152(?) the voksjet built by German. All wood jet that was to be flown by inexperienced pilots like the Hilter Youth to protect German. Never flew during the war. This one seems to have been captured by the Russians.

COLINMAN

He-162, close enough smile.gif. But it did fly during the war, and I believe it was credited with one kill.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 19 2002,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 19 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saab J-29-F "Tunnan"<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, try this now:

Guess.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

he 162 salamander "freedom fighter"

Guess this plane (quite a tough one, its a new secret plane in use by the US government)

MalDrs.JPEG

another one if that pic is too tough......

MalDr2.JPEG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 01 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be the F-9 Mallard.<span id='postcolor'>

damn. yep.

Wot about this one? Its an iraqi plane that has been captured...

SaxonyDrOz.JPEG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Dec. 01 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 01 2002,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be the F-9 Mallard.<span id='postcolor'>

damn. yep.

Wot about this one? Its an iraqi plane that has been captured...

SaxonyDrOz.JPEG<span id='postcolor'>

It's a Feathersite