Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Guess the airplane!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ Nov. 09 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One more:

234-2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

52379_lg.jpg

Yepp, indeed, both correct.

Fi156 Fieseler Storch, or in french production Morane - Saulnier MS. 500 . SOme very impressive stats, with ~60m for start and only 15m for landings (STOL) - best know for its saviour of Moussolini when he was surrounded by the allies on his mountain fortress.

And the AR234, the first Jet Bomber.

F-22 Raptor

Ok another Luftwaffe plane from me.

16.jpg

Again, dont even bother looking in the properties of the picture.

Note to FS Pilot, your image is 105k.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 10 2002,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F-22 Raptor<span id='postcolor'>

I believe the proper designation is Rapier, but who the hell cares? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 10 2002,01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok another Luftwaffe plane from me.

16.jpg

Again, dont even bother looking in the properties of the picture.

Note to FS Pilot, your image is 105k.<span id='postcolor'>

That's an Arado Lightning

Ok, I have one perhaps more difficult smile.gif

con2.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 10 2002,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's an Arado Lightning<span id='postcolor'>

Incorrect answer.

Because the plane never saw active service, I will give you a hand by giving the name of the manufacturer.

It was made by Junkers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Nov. 10 2002,01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I have one perhaps more difficult  smile.gif

con2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

don't have answer, but it is cute wink.gif

anyone making a mod for this? biggrin.gif

About my plane.

If you really cant work it out, go to google. Click images and search for Junkers bombers. Should be a pic of it on the first page. But if you do that, say it when you post the answer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Nov. 09 2002,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 10 2002,09wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's an Arado Lightning<span id='postcolor'>

Incorrect answer.

Because the plane never saw active service, I will give you a hand by giving the name of the manufacturer.

It was made by Junkers.<span id='postcolor'>

Junkers Ju 287

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 10 2002,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Junkers Ju 287<span id='postcolor'>

Correct.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 10 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, what's this?

pic1.gif

pic2.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A waste of money?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">con2.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno the actual designation, but i've heard it called the goblin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RAF_Maverick @ Nov. 10 2002,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dunno the actual designation, but i've heard it called the goblin<span id='postcolor'>

Yes sir, you are quite correct smile.gif

It's the McDonnell XF-85 Goblin, a part of the "parasite" aicraft project in the early '50s. It was supposed to be mounted underneeth a B-29 bomber.

goblin_b29.jpg

There is a very lame John Wayne movie called "Jet Pilot" where he flies one of those smile.gif

styly flying coffin if you want my advice tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 10 2002,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F-22 Raptor<span id='postcolor'>

Looks more like a F-35 JSF.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ Nov. 09 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After I solved Erex one  biggrin.gif  (wanted to post it myself on Friday, but can't currently login from the office) I add one myself.

I take the link straight from the page I found it, so don't cheat by surfing it (it was hard enough to find an image where the name didn't contain the name...)

In fact, there are two answers for this one:<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, do you ever think about why i want all answers just in PM confused.gif

I do this for the fun of searching and lookign abou what type is it. I dont do this for the feelig of "IM SO CUTE AND THE OTHERS ARE LOOSERS". So next time be so nice and use the PM ONLY!! (i dont mean this as a name calling)  wink.gif

So yes, you wast the first one and your solution was right. But try next time to be so nice and let part of the excitement of searching for other guys here.

And btw the info in that link you send me its partial wrong. Maybe its better to say its just partial right (top speed 535 not 550, max weight 2547 kg not 2462 (i know that just details but im mad about details :-)). This aircraft never achieved aerial victory (its only rumor, more info can you see bellow)

So here it the solution of my airplane:

It was a prototype Avia B-35.3 later reassigned as Avia B-135. It saw the world just few monts before start of WW2 (20.6.1939). Then the prototype went to exhibiton "Salon de l'Aeronautique" in Brussel. Laters (14.6.1940) Bulgaria oreder 12 airplanes + 62 engines + 50 licesnion to units. In 1942 was all 12 planes delivered but only 35 engines. RLM canceled any further production in advice of Bf-109.

Only 12 airplanes cannot be assigned as front line fighter so it was used as a advnaced school plane. It was used as a cross between Avia-534 and Bf-109.

Plane actually didnt seen too much of action, only known combat action and that rumored shotdonw happened on 30.2.1944 when about 450 B-24 and B-17 with support of 150 P-38 enterd airspace of bulgaria. Evertyhing that do ahve wings taked off to fight this atack. Even 4 B-135 from Dolna Mitropolja airschool (tactical numbers 2, 5, 11 and 12, pilots Cpt. Krstyo Atanasov (commander of school), Lt. Peter Manolev, Jordan Ferdinandov ans Nedyo Kolev).

They few minutes later in V formation entered huge B-24 box. After they get through they saw one B-24 slowing down and 5 parachutes opened. So thats the only kill of B-135. So there is on evidence that this airplane was shot down by B-135. And I think that its necessary to add that the box was in same time attacked by about 30 Bf-109 sad.gif

Thats all. Over

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Nov. 10 2002,15:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Nov. 10 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, what's this?

http://home1.gte.net/res00494/ofp/pic1.gif

<a href="http://home1.gte.net/res00494/ofp/pic2.gif[/url" target="_blank"><span id='postcolor'>

too easy smile.gif

Consolidated YF2Y-1 (YF-7A) 'Seadart'

http</a>

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i thought it was Mister Frag driving in Santa Monica this weekend.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Nov. 10 2002,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Nov. 10 2002,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F-22 Raptor<span id='postcolor'>

Looks more like a F-35 JSF.<span id='postcolor'>

You got it bud.