Im having a problem i'm find TGA does not hold onto transparency any ideas ? The leafs im using are solid but have the green stem on them. But in photoshop the background is transparent. Its like the transparency is not exporting to the file.

f9eb586a3eed9aa3d421d0e6b198815b.png

Go into the channels tab and see if there is any form of layer named 'Alpha'...

If not you'll need to create the alpha channel yourself.

A rough and fairly simple way would be as follows:

1) Select the layer with the leaf detail on it, go to 'Select' in the very top nav-bar and then hit 'Load Selection'

2) Then you're looking for the option that says 'Lay X Transparency' (with 'X' being whatever layer number the leaves are). This will select the leaves.

(Alternatively, if your image is just a flat (i.e. single layer) JPG/similar file, you'll need to use the magic selection tool OR meticulously hand-paint around the edges with the lasso tool and then jump straight to step 3)

3) Without de-selecting the leaves, go back up to 'Select' and this time hit 'Save Selection' and named the channel as 'Alpha' and hit OK.

Re-save the file as a 32bit TGA and try again.

You may find this process that the edges of the leaves are quite sharp. You can get around this by adding in a step between 2 and 3 (which we'll call step 2.5)

2.5) Without de-selecting the leaves go back up to 'Select', then go to 'Modify' and then 'Feather'. Then use a value of 2 or 3 (play around with it, and see which gives the best results). You may find that you need to add a background colour around the edges of your leaves to smoothly transition the colour into transparency. Do this by either adding another layer BELOW the leaves that is totally green or by simply painting around the leaves with the same shade of green.

• Like 1

Ok i got that working fine but i now have another problem i cant seem to fix. Object builder is very picky but now i got that working and i thank you for that Jackal. The helmet texture wont load. It just stays a purple colour and i  packed and tryed it in game its invisible. Again any ideas ?

20bdab90dd05f14931709064a010c4e6.png

Is the UV correctly mapped?

If its invisible in game its could be any number of reasons. Either you have not setup the correct selections ("Head"/"spine" etc) for the model. your config is broken or a combination in between.

There is another issue in your screenshot - the ghostly see-through outline surrounding the leaves.

This is an issue with 'Alpha layering'. Its an issue with the engine, but it IS fixable, to an extent anyway.

In Object Builder/O2, select all of the faces using the _co.paa texture and then press CTRL+SHIFT+END.

This will sort all of the faces using the _co.paa texture to the bottom and help them un-fuck themselves.

• Like 1

Iv'e mapped the leafs and the helmet as far as i know as seen here i have the helmet and leafs in different UV sets. Is that alright. 67ceff8bfbe56d0873218594d036a274.png

b984e7349954e6fb721ff64c5123a499.png

Then in photoshop...

5cf7935e5dc6822b45c98a40253efada.png

2d43b4d71590ae42e8192d91b67e79cb.png

wow....the amount of wasted space there.

if you wanna use uvset1 instead of uvset0 (default) - although i really need to point out that the frontal projection in uvset1 is anything but a proper unwrap, just like UVset0 isn't) simply delete UVset0 from blender or move uvset1 on top of it...google should help you out, i'm not a blender user...

• Like 1

Well thats the thing im quite new and want to learn. I know its not a proper unwrap but i don't know how you would go about using a texture that was made in blender in Obj Builder for example i don't know if i made a texture in blender would it be effected if i resized the model etc... And i gather you can only use one UV set per p3d/model.

1. there are plenty free UVW unwrap tutorials for the software of your choice. Google is your friend.

2. UVW coordinates are not affected by scaling up or down your 3d mesh. modifying position of verts will result in stretching.

3. You can use more than 1 uv set per mesh. You cannot however use any other UVset but UVset0 (O2 reading of that, some software call first UV set 1, not 0 btw) for the diffuse (be it _co or _ca).

• Like 1

Great thanks for the advice PuFu and i respect the no bullshit/stern reply  :P . Ill have a look around and come back if i have questions.

Ok an update. I'm much more happy with it now. Here is the end result im sure many will cringe at the sight of it lol. But im happy with it as my first helmet. Thanks for the help lads. 20160811224202_1.jpg

20160812140535_1.jpg

Now i have one more question and im officially done. this issue with the inside being see through. I have mapped the inside and given it a texture but still its invisible any ideas.

20160812141133_1.jpg

• Like 1

Don't worry about how other people will see it. You might think it looks crappy but you're on the right track to making better and bigger stuff. 

With regards to the inside, are you sure the faces are facing the right way in Oxygen? Are there any HiddenSelections used? 

• Like 2

Now i have one more question and im officially done. this issue with the inside being see through. I have mapped the inside and given it a texture but still its invisible any ideas.

Looks like the faces are simply reversed. Just select them in O2 and press W (I think, its been a while since I even booted Object Builder up) to reverse the faces...

• Like 1

Ok now that the helmet is "finished" im now trying to refine it a little is there a reason why this occurs ? All verts are connected and such i made sure in blender.

20160812194228_1.jpg

Just check the faces in Buldozer...They need reversing like you did with the rest of the interior (or they don't exist and need making).

• Like 1