Sign in to follow this  
flymaker

Altis / Stratis / Tanoa. Building improvement project.

Hi everyone

Since Bohemia not make all interiors of buildings in Tanoa (Altis and Straits have some too) i want this project. I dont know if that is possible because bohemia have rules against their own assets. I never made a mod to Arma and dont know if replace default buildings on map is possible. Anyone can tell me about limitations or legal complications?

For example service building on bases not have interior, Tanoa have a lot of building without inside and others have partially.

• Like 1

Why not make your own maps then ? The reason there's not many buildings enter able on Tanoa, was to keep performance levels acceptable, it's a big talking point, and it's pissed a lot of people off. Personally I didn't purchase Tanoa to play hide and seek  and fight in houses, I bought it to play hide and seek and fight in the dense jungles !! :D

Unless you have the source files for Altis/Stratis and Tanoa, then replacing buildings is impossible.

• Like 3

I have to learn how to make maps. For now i just have my Blender with some building projects and the desire to make Arma better. Make new maps is a lot of work and the community have numerous good maps. I dont want to make contest with another good maps.

• Like 1

I would suggest you to make new buildings and let map makers make use of it

• Like 7

Make your own buildings, A. what you want to do isn't possible. B. Tanoa is total shite anyway. C. There's a lot of demand for custom buildings out there. If you don't feel confident making building from scratch, maybe you could contact the CUP team, one of their long term goals is to create interiors for all of the Arma 1 and 2 buildings they've ported and they'd probably appreciate extra manpower.    

• Like 1

I agree with war_lord about making your own buildings and maybe collaborating with CUP-their task is huge and I'm sure they could use some extra help. I don't agree with his assessment of Tanoa, but that is offtopic. ;)

Anyway regarding adding enterable buildings to Tanoa, I think they were made unenterable to try and keep performance up.Adding more buildings would drop framerate on what is already a very demanding map.

• Like 5

I agree with war_lord about making your own buildings and maybe collaborating with CUP-their task is huge and I'm sure they could use some extra help. I don't agree with his assessment of Tanoa, but that is offtopic. ;)

Anyway regarding adding enterable buildings to Tanoa, I think they were made unenterable to try and keep performance up.Adding more buildings would drop framerate on what is already a very demanding map.

Georgetown is horrid for alot of people already, and the selling point was the jungles.

• Like 1

There's very little jungle on Tanoa, it's mostly just plains and unenterable buildings. 

There's very little jungle on Tanoa, it's mostly just plains and unenterable buildings. 

There are 3 islands that are infact mostly jungle.

And about half the main land...

• Like 2

Actually, the reason why Tanoa bulidings aren't enterable was more related to manpower than performance. I think this mod is a good idea (if you have the time and dedication), but might hit a snag with regards to actually replacing the buildings. IIRC, a script can be used to delete objects on the map, so replacing them should be technically possible (simply delete the old and spawn the new when loading the island), but I'm not sure about performance impact of that solution, or any other problems it might cause. 

Good luck anyway. If you can make it work without to much of a performance hit it can be really good

Would be fantastic. After seeing all the videos of DayZ with opened up buildings, I would love to see it happen for ARMA 3. The manpower to do will be very high though.