solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

You can't land in vectoring mode. That mode is mainly there to just get off the ground quickly, if you want to land you're going to have to chuck it into hover vector mode. Or alternatively, use the flaps up and flaps down while IN Auto hover mode to change the angle of the engine, then you can land like a normal plane. 

Odd, i haven't found an issue with landing while switching from modes in either order. You need to make sure you're careful because its a large transport aircraft, and far from nimble like the V-22 was. I've come to find the V-44 is quite nice to fly in both modes. It just feels nice.

Alright, I finally figured it out. As xxgetbuck123 said, in vectoring mode you can adjust the position of the rotors/nozzles manually using flaps up/down. Renaming this action for vectoring mode would be great, because people have and most certainly will continue to overlook this detail because the name doesn't represent what it actually does.

Alright, I finally figured it out. As xxgetbuck123 said, in vectoring mode you can adjust the position of the rotors/nozzles manually using flaps up/down. Renaming this action for vectoring mode would be great, because people have and most certainly will continue to overlook this detail because the name doesn't represent what it actually does.

Not able to test it right now, but the NATO VTOL does have flaps; how do you control them while in VTC?

EDIT:

This is the preferred place for discussing APEX VTOL's: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/157525-fixed-wing-flight-model-dev-branch/

At least for me, while not in vectoring mode the flaps actions control the flaps and in vectoring the position of the rotors/nozzles.

But: I just checked with a friend who had no problems whatsoever flying the VTOLs. Interestingly enough, his propellers/nozzles act the way they're supposed to, switching position depending on if he's in vectoring or not (while this didn't happen for me). Also, he's unable to manually control their position while in vectoring mode, whereas I can use flaps up/down to adjust them to 5 different positions. For him, it just does the flaps, whether he's in vectoring or not.

There is something really strange going on here. Maybe it's because I'm using a joystick.

At least for me, while not in vectoring mode the flaps actions control the flaps and in vectoring the position of the rotors/nozzles.

But: I just checked with a friend who had no problems whatsoever flying the VTOLs. Interestingly enough, his propellers/nozzles act the way they're supposed to, switching position depending on if he's in vectoring or not (while this didn't happen for me). Also, he's unable to manually control their position while in vectoring mode, whereas I can use flaps up/down to adjust them to 5 different positions. For him, it just does the flaps, whether he's in vectoring or not.

There is something really strange going on here. Maybe it's because I'm using a joystick.

Hmmm... are you on DEV or APEX SNEAK?

I'm on DEV and my VTOL's do not react to any flaps input; neither by joystick, nor by rctrl+k/l

I'm on Dev too. This is really strange issue, because while my vectoring doesn't automatically work, I can manually control the rotor/nozzle position. People who have no problems with vectoring on the other hand, apparently can't do manual control. And you just ruled out that it's a joystick-related issue too, so yeah. No clue.

Maybe one of the dev's can elaborate on this; no need to test this bug/intended behavior further without knowing if it actually does need testing... :)

Would be nice to have the light variant of the Prowler LSV (classname: B_CTRG_LSV_01_light_F) in the Arsenal/Garage.

Concerning the VTOL issue, I can confirm it's the joystick. As soon as I start Arma with the joystick plugged in, vector mode doesn't work automatically as it should and I can instead manually control the angle of the rotors/nozzles using flaps up/down.

Without the joystick, everything works as intended.

Edit: It's the joystick for me, but other people don't seem to have issues with joysticks

I kinda hope they add landing craft or something for transporting tanks across the islands

• Like 3

I kinda hope they add landing craft or something for transporting tanks across the islands

Other than indestructible bridges? :)

MQ-12 seems to be impervious to all light arms, including .50 BW

Is this intentional?

Also, the MQ-12 pilot doesn't get any HUD in 1st person.

• Like 2

Other than indestructible bridges? :)

lol, I mean the ones that don't have bridges to and from, but yes, would be nice if those bridges could be destroyed too

• Like 2

it's difficult to see numbers on the displays with PiP on ultra

an attitude indicator is inverted for me (Y-32)

if you sitting as a passenger gunner (near the ramp) u will get ultra high FOV on high speeds

more flare launchers to Blackfish

double flare mode

redesign of Blackfish front landing gear, that's ridiculous

Y-32 front landing gear model has no suspension (it's just like this  |_O )

Another (and hopefully the last) update on the VTOL issue: I've been able to isolate it to the way my joystick (Logitech Attack 3) controls analogue thrust. Whenever I'm using the keyboard to control the thrust ('left shift' to increase and 'y' to brake) everything works as intended and when coming out of horizontal flight, enabling vectoring mode and reducing thrust, the rotors/nozzles switch to the hovering position as they should. It's only when I'm using my joystick to control analogue thrust that this does not work and I can instead manually control 5 degrees of rotation on the rotors/nozzles by using flaps up/down. One tap of the "Decrease thrust" keyboard key 'y', will solve this though, the rotors/nozzles go into hovering position and I can use the joystick's thrust control to finish the landing attempt without problems.

Since there are people who don't have any joystick problems, I'm guessing it's just the way my (and possibly other) joysticks control the analogue thrust. Maybe it never truly goes down to zero thrust and instead just something close to it and the engine therefore thinks it's something different from what I see in the behavior of the vehicle. There is definitely a discrepancy there.

Because I haven't seen anything similar yet, I filed a bug report on the feedback tracker. Please add more information if you have something.

I've recently found out that the "X" button on my keyboard toggles the vectoring on and off, and there doesn't seem to be a respective control which I can rebind to change this (AutoHover is bound to 2xSpace). I use "X" and "C" as yaw controls, so I randomly toggle it on and off.

• Like 2

Another (and hopefully the last) update on the VTOL issue: I've been able to isolate it to the way my joystick (Logitech Attack 3) controls analogue thrust. Whenever I'm using the keyboard to control the thrust ('left shift' to increase and 'y' to brake) everything works as intended and when coming out of horizontal flight, enabling vectoring mode and reducing thrust, the rotors/nozzles switch to the hovering position as they should. It's only when I'm using my joystick to control analogue thrust that this does not work and I can instead manually control 5 degrees of rotation on the rotors/nozzles by using flaps up/down. One tap of the "Decrease thrust" keyboard key 'y', will solve this though, the rotors/nozzles go into hovering position and I can use the joystick's thrust control to finish the landing attempt without problems.

Since there are people who don't have any joystick problems, I'm guessing it's just the way my (and possibly other) joysticks control the analogue thrust. Maybe it never truly goes down to zero thrust and instead just something close to it and the engine therefore thinks it's something different from what I see in the behavior of the vehicle. There is definitely a discrepancy there.

Because I haven't seen anything similar yet, I've filed a bug report on the feedback tracker. Please add more information if you have something.

For reference this is not a problem, this is intentional. It happens to me but its much better than the aircraft deciding what level pitch to be on for you. With being able to control the angle manually means you can fly the aircraft on auto hover mode all the time, just angle the engines to the degree you need. You change the angle using the flaps up and down when in auto hover mode. Works a charm mate, allows you to land the Blackfish like a normal plane. 

For reference this is not a problem, this is intentional. It happens to me but its much better than the aircraft deciding what level pitch to be on for you. With being able to control the angle manually means you can fly the aircraft on auto hover mode all the time, just angle the engines to the degree you need. You change the angle using the flaps up and down when in auto hover mode. Works a charm mate, allows you to land the Blackfish like a normal plane. 

I see how this can be advantageous, but the fact that this only happens to some people using joysticks makes it look much more like a bug. Unless you have any official information on this of course.

The armed Blackfish weapon assignment is odd. IMHO one gunner should have control over all the weapons with other one having an option to take manual control. The other gunner could have a really good camera with all the modes (NV, FLIR etc) and a Laser Designator. This would make him kind of fire director.

• Like 2

The armed Blackfish weapon assignment is odd. IMHO one gunner should have control over all the weapons with other one having an option to take manual control.

But i guess the 20 mm cannon is to just give the other gunner something to do. As a Camera system would, or rather, should go to the commander/co-pilot, like in most aircraft.

• Like 1

Caesar  - pilot and copilot are holding an invisible stick

7MINPzd.jpg

Invisible throttle you mean. ;)

The most important is that you understand what I mean :D

But i guess the 20 mm cannon is to just give the other gunner something to do. As a Camera system would, or rather, should go to the commander/co-pilot, like in most aircraft.

At least give option for each gunner to take over the other weapon system. I still think that  other gunner should be crew chief and have laser designator for directing fire. Also, are Blackfish gunners aware of laser targets? They should be, when AI is aware of designated targets it makes coordinating fire much easier.