pinaz93

E-130J Guardian AEW&C

What's your thinking on implementing the current dev branch builds' (eventually Jets platform update) sensor/display/datalink mechanics?

I don't know if add them now or wait for the Stable build, however I'm still learning about It so I don't have a clear idea in what I'm going to use

Inviato dal mio XT1572 utilizzando Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, pinaz93 said:

I don't know if add them now or wait for the Stable build, however I'm still learning about It so I don't have a clear idea in what I'm going to use

This is a glimpse of what's possible... don't worry about the 3 km part; as per the sensors and custom info threads you can basically set it to whatever value you feel appropriate, although unfortunately the display can't be resized.

• Like 1

On 17/2/2017 at 8:55 AM, chortles said:

This is a glimpse of what's possible... don't worry about the 3 km part; as per the sensors and custom info threads you can basically set it to whatever value you feel appropriate, although unfortunately the display can't be resized.

I will take a look if it is also possible to make it rotate with the radome :)

However first refueling test:

11wah3k.jpg

121slu8.jpg

2czxaoz.jpg

• Like 5

Nice work! Out of interest, which refueling script suite do you use? USAF mod?

Cheers,
TeTeT

Nice work! Out of interest, which refueling script suite do you use? USAF mod?

Cheers,
TeTeT

My plane was refueling from Sabre[dust] kc-130 from his pack, I don't know how It works...

First test flight with the P-130 Leviathan 

ru3ak4.jpg

2dijdky.jpg

• Like 5

The C-130 refueling script is a modified Franze/F-18s refueling script. I had a guide how to setup aircraft for it somewhere - probably in the C-130 thread.

I am working on a simpler version that does not require any setup/animations/points in the client plane though.

And good work Pinaz, that P-130 looks really nice : ) !

Sabre" userid="910873"] The C-130 refueling script is a modified Franze/F-18s refueling script. I had a guide how to setup aircraft for it somewhere - probably in the C-130 thread.
I am working on a simpler version that does not require any setup/animations/points in the client plane though.

And good work Pinaz, that P-130 looks really nice : ) !

Thank you Sabre :)

Flir turret added to the P-130

23krs5h.jpg

2ppj0qw.jpg

214wpdv.jpg

2iar912.jpg

ji1jkg.jpg

• Like 4

Will it be possible to see the flir turret image in MCC?  So that a commander could decide it to hit something?

Will this be able to send Flir to Alive tablet?    Would be very useful. 

Can we get the menu item to send planes to refuel in the air? 

• Like 1

She is a real beauty.  How are you going to use the new sensor changes with JetsDLC pinaz93 ?

Just now, kremator said:

She is a real beauty.  How are you going to use the new sensor changes with JetsDLC pinaz93 ?

I have to do some more tests, but the idea is to have the active radar rotate with the radome (If think it is possible for what I've seen) and for sure it will share the data with other planes. Maybe I will keep a great radar range for the awacs and I will decrease the radar range for my other planes, so you will really need it in the sky...

Today while looking at arma scripts commands I've found that is quite simple to add markers to the map, and this is the result:

2566xe0.jpg

24zcdmv.jpg

64idy8.jpg

34qmwhu.jpg

the markers refresh every 2.5 seconds and all the makers can be seen by the friendly planes in the area. This solve the problem for planes that have low irscanrange value, so now all the planes can clearly see the contacts tracked by the AWACS!

I will see if I can add more informations near the markers, like speed and altitude!

• Like 4

I don't know if you have seen them, but there is a group making mods with very large maps in anticipation of the JETS DLC coming out.  These maps range anywhere from 81x81Km out to 143x143 KM right now, with the possibility of going to 200 KM.

These are very large maps with high definition SatMaps for a great look while in the air. 

I think your mods will be very useful for Combat on maps this large.  Please keep your radars at a decent range (at least 16Km, if not double that for Active Radar) with much longer ranges for your AEW craft.
You can certainly make it so that they only pick up Airframes above a certain speed and altitude to keep them from seeing every enemy on the map.

Looking forward to the map markers making it into this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ski2060 said:

I don't know if you have seen them, but there is a group making mods with very large maps in anticipation of the JETS DLC coming out.  These maps range anywhere from 81x81Km out to 143x143 KM right now, with the possibility of going to 200 KM.

These are very large maps with high definition SatMaps for a great look while in the air. 

I think your mods will be very useful for Combat on maps this large.  Please keep your radars at a decent range (at least 16Km, if not double that for Active Radar) with much longer ranges for your AEW craft.
You can certainly make it so that they only pick up Airframes above a certain speed and altitude to keep them from seeing every enemy on the map.

Looking forward to the map markers making it into this.

At the moment the radar range (the one on the script) of the AEW planes is 30km (still bigger than most arma maps), so I can extend the range without problems! Maybe to 150km?

That might be a bit much.  100km maybe?  Any way to set a toggle for Radar Range for your aircraft?  Possibly have 3 ranges? 20/50/100 km?

Just now, ski2060 said:

That might be a bit much.  100km maybe?  Any way to set a toggle for Radar Range for your aircraft?  Possibly have 3 ranges? 20/50/100 km?

Ok, I will go for the 100km then! However yes, I can script it without problem, a simple menu entry to change the radar range!

The works on the new sensors are going on well, the active radar sensor will rotate with the radome. For now I've set the radar limit to 100km, but I will se what the other plane makers will use for their aircraft and then I will incrase or decrase the range 

28hptgn.jpg

2n9c0gk.jpg

• Like 4

have you found any way to change the range of Active radar itself, and not just the display distance?

Would it be possible to put in a toggle for Active Radar range so as to limit your radiation and pickup from long distance?

have you found any way to change the range of Active radar itself, and not just the display distance?

Would it be possible to put in a toggle for Active Radar range so as to limit your radiation and pickup from long distance?

The Active radar range is 100km, the display range is 110km

I have to see if is possible to change the radar limit with a script...
My AEW script, the one that shows the planes on the map already have a selectable range (5, 10, 25, 50 and 100km)

Awesome. Looking forward to this new version when it is released for the Jets DLC.