duda123

Advanced AI Command

Also is there a way to default the commander actions to all players or would I have to sync them all?

- Yes, if you don't place any modules via the editor, that will be the default functionality. All players will have control of all groups on their side.

Thanks, I will try new version later and report if JIP is working :)

Is there a way for the commander to allow ai helo insert and exfil of players, or assign someone like squad leader to call for it?

Is there a way for the commander to allow ai helo insert and exfil of players, or assign someone like squad leader to call for it?

You could place a commanders module and sync it to the squad lead. Then, sync the commanders modules to a groups modules synced to pre-populated heli. That would give the squad lead the ability to control the heli and make it land somewhere for extract.

• Like 1

Love this mod (at default alone). Really helps with bringing some AI security elements along with my squad.  Is there a way to set AI groups to the formation you want them in? Line, Column, etc?

Love this mod (at default alone). Really helps with bringing some AI security elements along with my squad.  Is there a way to set AI groups to the formation you want them in? Line, Column, etc?

Not right now, but you could add it very easily. Know anything about SQF scripting? There's an example how to add a new group command menu action on the first page of this forum. If you add the sqf code (modified to set group formation) to your init.sqf file, it will add a new group action to the command menu.

hey quick question, not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever I click on a unit/group, and add a waypoint, it won't let me stop adding waypoints. I tried right mouse button, escape, but nothing works. I can add the waypoints, but then it won't let me exit the waypoint adding command, if that makes any sense at all.

edit: nvm, found that holding ctrl and right mouse button cancels the order.

hey quick question, not sure if this is a bug or not, but whenever I click on a unit/group, and add a waypoint, it won't let me stop adding waypoints. I tried right mouse button, escape, but nothing works. I can add the waypoints, but then it won't let me exit the waypoint adding command, if that makes any sense at all.

edit: nvm, found that holding ctrl and right mouse button cancels the order.

Just right click should work. Don't need to hold ctrl.

Just right click should work. Don't need to hold ctrl.

well then I must have some overlapping keys somewhere from other mods, cause it doesn't work at all when just right clicking. only when I hit ctrl does it cancel out. but it's alright, I can still work with it. great mod btw, streamlined the process immensely and it makes games feel so much more fluid. the interaction/control/ui is very intuitive as well. great job.

I think the 1.60 update makes the mod somehow/sometimes prevent me from selecting the units and makes me not be able to select any other units and I`m stuck here:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694292224

Maybe an issuse with Ace 3 too;just get a ring but nothing else-or can`t use any options therein.

May be add an ability to add Fly in Height for planes in Zeus too? When I use Zeus+map?  Maybe add an other coulor and mark a line where you would like the  planes to fly at certain height,sence we Realy Need to protect our flying assets now when AAA is getting much better.

Some way to edit height and speed of addon planes and maybe where to attack? Some menu that allow us to Loiter and so on in map?

hey duda123 very nice mod with a simple interface. My case is I play a MP mission (Coop 4) as single player, so on LAN. That means that I end up next to 3 AI which I can not normally command. But your mod makes that possible! Then I thought, would your mod support grouping them to me, so that I get them as subordinates in my team? Currently my character and the 3 AI are 4 one-unit teams (each one is a group leader for himself). So I can give each of them waypoints and they move just fine. But actually grouping them to me - or group them into one single team - would be awesome.

Thx,

OP

• Like 1

hey duda123 very nice mod with a simple interface. My case is I play a MP mission (Coop 4) as single player, so on LAN. That means that I end up next to 3 AI which I can not normally command. But your mod makes that possible! Then I thought, would your mod support grouping them to me, so that I get them as subordinates in my team? Currently my character and the 3 AI are 4 one-unit teams (each one is a group leader for himself). So I can give each of them waypoints and they move just fine. But actually grouping them to me - or group them into one single team - would be awesome.

Thx,

OP

The ability to combine/split up groups sounds like a good idea.

However, in your case, if you combine all the single-unit groups into your group, the rest of the features in this addon won't be too useful :)

The ability to combine/split up groups sounds like a good idea.

However, in your case, if you combine all the single-unit groups into your group, the rest of the features in this addon won't be too useful :)

Yeah, I see your point. I got a bit ahead of me in typing, I was just thrilled that with your mod I could finally get something done in a COOP mission :) But let me elaborate:

In this scenario, the three AI units are three individual groups. I am the 4th group. Managing the three AI groups is a bit cumbersome, so it would be great to be able to pool the three AI groups into one. So I would end up with myself and one group to command with the Advanced AI mod.

So if you can help out with that use case at some stage, that would open up a lot of coop scenarios to SP use

Thx,

OP

Yeah, I see your point. I got a bit ahead of me in typing, I was just thrilled that with your mod I could finally get something done in a COOP mission :) But let me elaborate:

In this scenario, the three AI units are three individual groups. I am the 4th group. Managing the three AI groups is a bit cumbersome, so it would be great to be able to pool the three AI groups into one. So I would end up with myself and one group to command with the Advanced AI mod.

So if you can help out with that use case at some stage, that would open up a lot of coop scenarios to SP use

Thx,

OP

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I will add this in.

I'll also add in the ability to split up a group in half, and split a group into individual units.

• Like 1

I would like to request a ability to "allmost hard-code" the set _fly_in_height so that they Will fly at specified altitude.And even a "make gun-run" WP.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. I will add this in.

I'll also add in the ability to split up a group in half, and split a group into individual units.

Now that would be awesome, then you could custom make groups by assigning units to them :)

I would like to request a ability to "allmost hard-code" the set _fly_in_height so that they Will fly at specified altitude.And even a "make gun-run" WP.

Can you explain some more?

There's already the ability to set fly in height for groups. Is there another way you'd like to set this?

v1.2 published:

Get it on github or steam

• Added ability to join groups together
  • Added ability to split groups up
  • Changed remote control to use player switch to give users more control

Like a tad-pole type thing,where you could define "at WP-4_set_altitude_150m=true" or something like that.  I want to be able to define their exact altitude at a place like at a ridge-line

so that they don`t crash at that particular place.

And a way to tell/order them to use a particular weapon-like rockets.

I would like to tell helos where to hide behind a ridge-line by issuing a "Fall back" order--then they will know that I meant the WP-5 and so on.

All Ai`s in a parachute will set a trigger around them that will lunch a helo to their position that will fly very low and avoid tree areas and land on smoke marker,bringing everyone shot down back to base.

If anyone wants to try out a MP mission using this addon, I've just published one on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699591882

3 different sides (blufor, opfor and ind) are all fighting to secure a device. Each side has full control over a large army, each equal distances away from the central objective point.

Hey Duda, the team management feature in 1.2 works perfectly, thanks so much for putting that in. I came across a small key conflict maybe? I had merged some units from another group into my group so they were under my command and left the map window. If I then just want to look at the map and go into the standard menu with Tasks, Briefing, Team (which is normally arrow keys up and down after having entered the map), I could not. I entered the map but could not use the arrow keys for that menu.

I discovered that the control which had focus in the map screen were the marker fields in the top right corner. Pressing the arrow keys and Tab a few times gave focus to the usual map action menu in the top left corner with Tasks, Briefing, Team.

No biggie, just wanted to put it out there in case others were seeing that too. Thanks again for the new group management feature :)

-OP