Sign in to follow this  
pierremgi

DLCs & DLC: gender confusion

Hello,
I perfectly understand then need to promote DLC. I bought helos and Marksmen, and be sure Apex is planned to be. I didn't for Karts, sorry, even if it's a subvention for ICRC. I can help in many other way but this very cheap DLC is immersion breaking.

What I would like to underline is, many authors grew in skill and are now able to randomize equipment, arsenal is everywhere now, thanks to 3DEN, and , in my humble opinion, it's a pity to access, or worse spawn Kart equipment in many scenarii.

So, what is your point? That BI were wrong to make the Karts DLC because it ruins immersion? They were wrong to make optional content available for next to nothing (currently £1.19 on Steam or part of the £14.99 DLC bundle with Marksman and Helicopters - both of which are £7.99 each) - optional content that started out as a fun April Fool's prank by one of the devs that by popular demand was actually released?

If it offends your sensibilities that much you can black-list it from your Arsenal/Zeus functionality within missions.

Also,

And how is that connected to gender ?

This ^

Most people use Arsenal to give themselves such ridiculous loadouts, does it really matter if they're wearing a racing helmet? Is it okay if they wear an AAF vest and a CSAT helmet and carry an M14? If it's realism you want, Arsenal gear in missions should be restricted to equipment appropriate to the own player's faction anyway.

• Like 2

Agree with OP.

As soon as I get to worry #149,000 in my life THIS is definitely next on my list!

Edit: We're talking bout transgendered RaceCarMen in arma right..?

• Like 5

He likely means genre and not gender.

If you don't want to see people running around with helmet and a racing suit, then don't play public. The equipment can be limited by the mission maker.

• Like 1

If you don't want to see people running around with helmet and a racing suit, then don't play public. The equipment can be limited by the mission maker.

I can confirm this.I play exclusively SP and I cannot think of any time I have seen a transgender racecar driver in my game ;)

• Like 3

I completely disagree, if there is one thing ARMA III is lacking, it's more vehicles, units and gear. And in particular, I find the civillian faction really lacking. No women, very few cars, only tourist models, no public transport, no service vehicles, nothing.

I like the carts, as they serve as perfect props. But it wouldn't be my first choice when expanding on the civillian faction. Women, however...

I completely disagree, if there is one thing ARMA III is lacking, it's more vehicles, units and gear. And in particular, I find the civillian faction really lacking. No women, very few cars, only tourist models, no public transport, no service vehicles, nothing.

I like the carts, as they serve as perfect props. But it wouldn't be my first choice when expanding on the civillian faction. Women, however...

Relax mate.

Maybe with next version of ARMA TRUE REAL LIFE all that come to you.

The irony is that A3 does have more than a few civilians wearing poloshirts and shorts, but they're unused for what ever reason:

g5nhNEC.jpg

kvQNohS.jpg

ABkXRxl.jpg

Seems rather odd for BI to throw away completed stuff like this. They only need a few config tweaks to get working after all. Also to note, I've only shown the most obvious combinations of textures here. With the amount of texture combinations that you can mix up, we could have possibly anywhere from 30-50+ types of civilian outfits and hats.

And it's off-topic I know. Just can't resist when pointing this stuff out when people mention the lack of content in A3 considering there's actually so much stuff that wasn't added by BI.

• Like 2

I still wonder why civilian women and elders weren't included like in Arma2...

It's always so weird playing civilian heavy missions and only ones you see on the streets were young men.

The irony is that A3 does have more than a few civilians wearing poloshirts and shorts, but they're unused for what ever reason:

Seems rather odd for BI to throw away completed stuff like this. They only need a few config tweaks to get working after all. Also to note, I've only shown the most obvious combinations of textures here. With the amount of texture combinations that you can mix up, we could have possibly anywhere from 30-50+ types of civilian outfits and hats.

And it's off-topic I know. Just can't resist when pointing this stuff out when people mention the lack of content in A3 considering there's actually so much stuff that wasn't added by BI.

Never realized there was quite that much stuff :) That roll-sleeved shirt + cargo pants combo would actually look awesome retextured in 3 colour desert or AOR1 or something.

I think that this is a pertinent answer.I will now lock the thread , as I have a sneaking suspicion that it will turn in to a lack of content debate/wishlist :)

My apologies to those who wished to post within the thread, but eh... ces la vie.