HeisenS

See through car

Hello,

I seem to have this problem with my vehicle where i can see through the body of it, this is my first vehicle and don't really know anything and just learning, any help would be great!

Problem Example:

http://prntscr.com/b084i8

Regards,

Heisen

It may be an .rvmat issue. Could you paste the .rvmat contents here?

On the other hand...great stealth vehicle ;)

• Like 1

I (think) its an issue with using a _ca.paa as the main body of the car. You need to make any parts that are transparent (or even partially transparent such as the windows and lights etc) a separate texture and keep the main "body" of the car as a _co.paa with no transparency at all..

The issue was posted about before, I'll see if I can track down the thread.

I found this thread and tried to help the guy out, but he never bothered to reply. I'll keep looking for the other thread I can remember seeing...

I (think) its an issue with using a _ca.paa as the main body of the car. You need to make any parts that are transparent (or even partially transparent such as the windows and lights etc) a separate texture and keep the main "body" of the car as a _co.paa with no transparency at all..

The issue was posted about before, I'll see if I can track down the thread.

I found this thread and tried to help the guy out, but he never bothered to reply. I'll keep looking for the other thread I can remember seeing...

I did that, the texture was on the body and that was the only texture which didn't work... And my .rvmat contents are as follows @zooloo75 @Jackal326

class StageTI
{
texture="h_Wheeled_Data\mats\Body_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[]={1,1,1,1};
diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={1,1,1,1};
specularPower=1500;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="h_Wheeled_Data\mats\body_nohq.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage2
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1,DT)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage3
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage4
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1,AS)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage5
{
texture="h_Wheeled_Data\mats\body_smdi.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage6
{
texture="#(ai,32,128,1)fresnel(1.4,1.54)";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage7
{
texture="h_Wheeled_Data\mats\env_land_co.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[]={1,0,0};
up[]={0,1,0};
dir[]={0,0,1};
pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

Literally this problem is so annoying, 1 side its fine, the other its not, its so weird 

On the other hand...great stealth vehicle ;)

I used to own a Fiat that had panels made of very thin, very shit metal. It looked a lot like this.
  • Like 2

I used to own a Fiat that had panels made of very thin, very shit metal. It looked a lot like this.

Lol, however this is a 2010 vauxhall insignia... I honestly think its a rvmat issue

• Like 1

What are the filenames of the main body and windows/lights textures?

Do you save the original files as body_nohq.tga, body_smdi.paa, body_co.tga etc. before you convert them to .paa?

What tool are you using to convert the .tga files to .paa?

Do body_nohq.paa or body_smdi.paa have any kind of alpha, or is are they completely white in alpha?

What are the filenames of the main body and windows/lights textures?

Do you save the original files as body_nohq.tga, body_smdi.paa, body_co.tga etc. before you convert them to .paa?

What tool are you using to convert the .tga files to .paa?

Do body_nohq.paa or body_smdi.paa have any kind of alpha, or is are they completely white in alpha?

http://prntscr.com/b0l7yw

http://prntscr.com/b0l849

There's your problem then. You don't have proper _co suffixes on your body texture names to tell the .paa converter to generate a 24bit textures without an alpha, so the .paa files it generates will have some transparency.

The textures you want to be solid need to be saved as _co.tga, _co.png etc. before converting them to .paa

The textures you want to have some transparency (windows, maybe grille etc.) should be saved as _ca.tga

Note, renaming the .paa files after conversion to add these suffixes to the file name will not fix the problem. They have to be in the filename of the source texture in order for the tool to format them properly.

• Like 1

There's your problem then. You don't have proper _co suffixes on your body texture names to tell the .paa converter to generate a 24bit textures without an alpha, so the .paa files it generates will have some transparency.

The textures you want to be solid need to be saved as _co.tga, _co.png etc. before converting them to .paa

The textures you want to have some transparency (windows, maybe grille etc.) should be saved as _ca.tga

Note, renaming the .paa files after conversion to add these suffixes to the file name will not fix the problem. They have to be in the filename of the source texture in order for the tool to format them properly.

Fixed it by removing the alpha channel from my texture, thankyou for your reply.

In the same idea I have a transparency problem with my model  : lightning from a vehicle behind can be seen through the model.

Any clue ?

r3f_vhl_lighting_bug.jpg

I tried to eliminate .ca texture or to convert directlyfrom a _co textute yet.

same answer that on the other topic were the problem is not exactly the same.

Ok Problem solved for me : it was a basic mistake in view geometry LOD where some volume were not closed or non convex.

So it is an answer still some time.