direone

[WIP] Static animations pack

@NyteMyre So ok i didn't write it before anyway the pics are in the steam version. I have a really slow upload speed and putting the pics on dropbox or whatever will take too long instead putting them in the steam version is faster so you can find them on the steam workshop.

So for everyone that wants the poses pics you can find them on the STEAM WORKSHOP :)

• Like 1

Thanks for that mate. If you want to put the pics etc on Skype for me I can upload them for you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Thanks for that mate. If you want to put the pics etc on Skype for me I can upload them for you?

Oh yeah mate that sounds great! Will send them asap :D thanks

Hi all, 

I'm having a bit of trouble and really need some help... 

I know this thread isn't about custom poses but this is the only place I have found with active people who know what they are doing. 

I created a model in blender using Macser's blender animation rig which looks like this: 

2c57c2714f.png

Ported into object creator and it looks like this: 

04128c2bfb.png

I essentially hijack your config file: 

8761ec3b23.png

7a7b800ff7.png

I just changed the file directory to my custom RTM. 

When I load it up in game by putting this command in the unit init: Testsoldier switchMove "relax_1"; Testsoldier disableAI "anim"

It looks like this: 

b7d2cf0ddb.png

What part am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

So ok mate there is no need to put the rtm in object builder, just create the rtm in blender and use this one in game, i always do it in that way and all works without problems :) the config is ok as far as i can see 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, direone said:

So ok mate there is no need to put the rtm in object builder, just create the rtm in blender and use this one in game, i always do it in that way and all works without problems :) the config is ok as far as i can see 

This RTM was directly from blender :/ 

I just opened it in object builder to make sure it wasn't all messed up, clearly didn't work very well :P 

I wonder if it is a scaling issue? 

hmmm really strange, have you scalled something?

35 minutes ago, direone said:

hmmm really strange, have you scalled something?

Not deliberately... 

Ok problem solved. Looks like that RTM was just messed up somehow...

Made a new pose from scratch and now I'm getting the 'Jesus half in ground' pose. I saw something about it on this thread earlier but cant seem to find it anymore, how do I fix this one? 

for RTM it always takes the 0"time" version of the pose ..maybe somehow yo did the pose in for example time 1 so that would mean 0 is T pose, thats first thing coming trough my head. if sometimes you unsure try to save the RTM as static pose. sometimes it fixes the issue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

for RTM it always takes the 0"time" version of the pose ..maybe somehow yo did the pose in for example time 1 so that would mean 0 is T pose, thats first thing coming trough my head. if sometimes you unsure try to save the RTM as static pose. sometimes it fixes the issue.

Nice one! fixed it.

Had to move the model out of the ground in blender but it seems I have finally figure out how to get the models in game! 

One more question, when I'm doing poses which involve two or more AI (For example, one AI dragging another) How do I line them up? Can I port two charater models into blender and model it as one pose or is there another way to do it? 

Thanks 

i got small checklist you need to be able to lineup poses 
1# Tons of nerves
2#Lots of testing
3#Being lucky
4#Rethinking if its even worth it

In short word ...each AI can have one Pose, onyl thing you could do AFTER you do the 2 seperated poses you you can attach them together

• Like 1

So poses like this: 

hVrndrd.jpg

Just take a ton of trial and error by making the model, testing in game, editing the model, testing in game, editing the model, etc? 

No easy way to get just a visual representation of a pose in blender to build a new pose around? 

• Like 2

well i am not sure maybe Direone got some help i dont so i do try and error for example poses that rely on detailed contact of two bodies ..or objects 
for example for me 

BF2C2B0A2CF9220D602CE35EA4420918E26761EF

This poses took me whole +day of still testing the body movements, 

but Then poses like this.

8aa4adb7860568e2fc5a5f0c54749574.png2122741f4180fb6b28c1b3e837739bdb.png

Took me barely any correction

EEB0A6EB9468D8B9378D13003E93F94737D73C14

P.S Sorry Direone for going off topic just want to help. i would respect and understand if the posts will be deleted.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mondkalb said:

Sure there is. Duplicate your Armature, bake the poses with the option to remove all constraints.

Then duplicate your actor puppet and assign that to the dupe armature that is now basically a carbon copy of the rig except that it no longer is following your rig controls:

k6mCRaU.png

I'll have a stab at that and report back in a bit, cheers!

No problem guys, anyway i've a bit of a vantage for poses that involve 2 to 3 units as i have a blend file with 3 rig seted up thanks to macsar :) 

4 minutes ago, direone said:

No problem guys, anyway i've a bit of a vantage for poses that involve 2 to 3 units as i have a blend file with 3 rig seted up thanks to macsar :) 

Aha, I'd kill for that! 

Still haven't tried your method mondkalb, will do in a bit. 

8 minutes ago, direone said:

eas as seperated rig which can be saved as single RTM or its only for help of adjustment ?

They are 3 rig in 3 differents layers i can make visible only one, or two or all 3. Make the poses in blender than export the single rig. When in game i just need to use attachto with 0,0,0 and the poses i made will work togheter :D

fff3a216b42b369084005179abea3c33.png

i just messed up my Blender somehow, can somebody help me and tell me how the hell can i get rid of the triple evil views on bottom?

5 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Sure there is. Duplicate your Armature, bake the poses with the option to remove all constraints.

Then duplicate your actor puppet and assign that to the dupe armature that is now basically a carbon copy of the rig except that it no longer is following your rig controls:

k6mCRaU.png

Ok, noob time.

When I select my 'ArmaRig' by clicking on 'ArmaRig' in the right hand menu, then press Shift+D I get a duplicate of the framework but not the mesh. What am I doing wrong?

1a8e337288.png

Also, if I wanted the AI to hold a knife how would I do that? Would I need to find a knife model and put it into blender with the pose? 

Managed to get some basic poses setup in a little scene... 

Couldn't have done it without you guys :rthumb:

08334857d3.jpg

83f45b5ca9.bmp

• Like 5

On 3/2/2017 at 2:32 AM, Barney626 said:

Managed to get some basic poses setup in a little scene... 

Couldn't have done it without you guys :rthumb:

08334857d3.jpg

83f45b5ca9.bmp

Damn man the second pic is fucking awesome! :O 

• Like 5