ruPal

ruPal Disable Zoom

Is this the rightclick zoom? If it is, then this is awesome.

To bad everyone disagrees and sees the rightclick arma zoom as a substitute for real life "focus" and therefore a necessity.

To bad everyone disagrees and sees the rightclick arma zoom as a substitute for real life "focus" and therefore a necessity.

Yes, it is. There is no RMB zoom anymore.

Hi ! Is it possible to desactivate zoom for all weapons, include modded weapons ? Anyway it's a great addons, thx.

Hi ! Is it possible to desactivate zoom for all weapons, include modded weapons ? Anyway it's a great addons, thx.

The best solution is to change configs but you will have to do that for every weapon/vehicle. Maybe it is possible with scripting, but I don't know how.

Grizzly" post="3004750" timestamp="1459873931"]

But it's scaled. All BIS weapon scopes and vehicle optics (as well as many community mods) have their magnifications values based on multiples of the right-click zoom, not the default (init) zoom level.

If you disable the right-click zoom it means weapons with scopes are 3x more powerful than they should be.

• Like 1

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ruPal , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

But it's scaled. All BIS weapon scopes and vehicle optics (as well as many community mods) have their magnifications values based on multiples of the right-click zoom, not the default (init) zoom level.

If you disable the right-click zoom it means weapons with scopes are 3x more powerful than they should be.

You are right. To solve that problem all magnified scopes should be retextured. Nevertheless mod is playable in that state.

I dont understand the mechanics behind it, so that makes no sense to me.

Doesnt this just do the same thing as not clicking the right mouse button?

I dont understand the mechanics behind it, so that makes no sense to me.

Doesnt this just do the same thing as not clicking the right mouse button?

An ACOG (say) has 3.4 or 4-times the magnification of the soldier without any optic when the player is 'zoomed' fully. Removing that variable FOV makes the ACOG a considerably more powerful optic relative to the performance of the human eye that cannot 'zoom'. Of course the human eye does not zoom but it's capable of both a greater acuity and a wider FOV than can be represented in a screen with a single fixed FOV. Play how you wish but you should be aware that this change makes the game less realistic in the ways that actually matter.

An ACOG (say) has 3.4 or 4-times the magnification of the soldier without any optic when the player is 'zoomed' fully. Removing that variable FOV makes the ACOG a considerably more powerful optic relative to the performance of the human eye that cannot 'zoom'. Of course the human eye does not zoom but it's capable of both a greater acuity and a wider FOV than can be represented in a screen with a single fixed FOV. Play how you wish but you should be aware that this change makes the game less realistic in the ways that actually matter.

Still dont get it. :-)

Wont the zoom on the ACOG stays at 3.4 or 4x  regardless?

Still dont get it. :-)

Wont the zoom on the ACOG stays at 3.4 or 4x  regardless?

It's four times the magnification of a focused human eye. So in game terms it's four times the maximum zoom of the maximum magnification you get from holding the right mouse button. The human eye has a drastically better resolution to that of any pc monitor, and Arma's view is set up to try and mimic that. By disabling that, all you're doing is playing as if your soldier is near sighted and suffers bad tunnel vision.        

It's four times the magnification of a focused human eye. So in game terms it's four times the maximum zoom of the maximum magnification you get from holding the right mouse button. The human eye has a drastically better resolution to that of any pc monitor, and Arma's view is set up to try and mimic that. By disabling that, all you're doing is playing as if your soldier is near sighted and suffers bad tunnel vision.        

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. :-)

Not that it matters, but I just dont agree with the tunnel vision thing.

I get it why some think its a good replacement for focus/resolution, but I think its overdone and its better without the zoom as in most other games. A better solution in my near sighted view would be to only have the zoom at maybe 20% of what it is now.

But thanks for the addon, rupal. Played a tvt game with it last night, it was awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. :-)

Not that it matters, but I just dont agree with the tunnel vision thing.

I get it why some think its a good replacement for focus/resolution, but I think its overdone and its better without the zoom as in most other games. A better solution in my near sighted view would be to only have the zoom at maybe 20% of what it is now.

But thanks for the addon, rupal. Played a tvt game with it last night, it was awesome.

You're not understanding the issue, "maximum zoom" in Arma is 20/20 vision in real life. Play your Arma 3 broken if you want, but it's, you know, broken.  

You're not understanding the issue, "maximum zoom" in Arma is 20/20 vision in real life. Play your Arma 3 broken if you want, but it's, you know, broken.  

I do. And I'll rather play half blind making use of my actual optics/binos than just running around with my right mouse button all the time.

But in my eyes it makes weapons with scopes stay the same, but weapons/no weapons without scopes harder.. As I like it. And I still see it that way. Not "weapons with scopes get 3x more powerful"..

I would also guess that ruPal made this, because some people likes it this way.

No need to further on that one really, we just disagree, no one is forcing us to play the one way or another so I'll play it like I want, yes.. - and so should you. :)

• Like 2

Partly agree. Zoom is not realistic too. In case of reality you should use that mod and change FOV in cfg file to your monitor specific. Otherwise both situations are unrealistic.

Also you can play without maginification optics or retexture it to specific FOV like in VTN mod.

It is ok to play without zoom, the main problem - terrains. Most of them have not enough objects per square meter and have a lot of empty areas. I like Gunkizli from Makhno http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29527

Hey ruPal, may I request an unbinarized version of your work? My group has decided to use an alternative FOV of 0.5 for naked eyes (which makes ARCO/RCO/MRCO an authentic-feeling 4x scopes, instead of vanilla 0.25, making them 2x scopes), and it'll be greatly helpful to use some config files with all of RHS vehicles listed inside it, defintely speeding up the FOV editing process. Will you be so kind to help us?  :D