Sign in to follow this  
nicoliani

Unrealistic lowered weapon shooting

I find it little odd, when you shoot with your weapon lowered it points half way 45 degrees and the shots are directed straight from your chest and not weapon. Having a crosshair to compensate for this is maybe not the way to go, specially when units and servers disable that.

There should be a stance for shooting with lowered weapon, a stance that would move your front leg, and adjust your shoulders so the weapon peaks straight on the screen, and behaves according to that.

I find it little odd, when you shoot with your weapon lowered it points half way 45 degrees and the shots are directed straight from your chest and not weapon. Having a crosshair to compensate for this is maybe not the way to go, specially when units and servers disable that.

There should be a stance for shooting with lowered weapon, a stance that would move your front leg, and adjust your shoulders so the weapon peaks straight on the screen, and behaves according to that.

Either I'm mis-reading what you've said, or you have some serious issues with your game.

"when you shoot with your weapon lowered it points half way 45 degrees and the shots are directed straight from your chest and not weapon"

What? So you're saying the rounds from the weapon don't originate from the weapon but instead come from your character's chest? If so, you have a serious issue probably the result of a mod conflict.

I don't think there is such thing as "shoot with lowered weapon" in ARMA 3.

You can fire aiming down your sights or you can "hip-fire' but in both circumstances your weapon is in your shoulder

I'm going to explain it more simple with two images. What I mean, is the shots are directed from where you have your chest, so when I aim, I look at my chest, when it's straight, there is where the bullets will end, straight. If you look at your weapon it's tilting and giving you a false visual input.

Look at first picture, IRL you don't shot with a tilted weapon, you straighten it up, so it should be something as the second image:

0059f4.jpg

005a06.jpg

I don't think there is such thing as "shoot with lowered weapon" in ARMA 3.
You can fire aiming down your sights or you can "hip-fire' but in both circumstances your weapon is in your shoulder

You never fire your weapon from your chest,

You always fire your weapon from your shoulder.

You can fire aiming down sight or you can hipfire, but in both circumstances your weapon is in your shoulder not in your chest.

But, are we speaking about ARMA 3 or ARMA 2?

You never fire your weapon from your chest,

You always fire your weapon from your shoulder.

You can fire aiming down sight or you can hipfire, but in both circumstances your weapon is in your shoulder not in your chest.

But, are we speaking about ARMA 3 or ARMA 2?

Yes you are right, I got it wrong it's in the shoulder area, but it's still tilted on the left side, the weapon is not straight when you hipfire. ArmA 3. I understand a soldier can walk with a leaned weapon on his shoulder, but he doesn't shoot leaned.

Ok. but if you look at it you will see that the "bullets" (not matter if you are firing aiming down the sights or hipfire) are not coming from the barrel of your weapon. "Bullets" are coming from the center of your head.

Ill post a video later, but that's normal in video games.

Ok. but if you look at it you will see that the "bullets" (not matter if you are firing aiming down the sights or hipfire) are not coming from the barrel of your weapon. "Bullets" are coming from the center of your head.

No they're not...

Nicoliani every modder that worked with configuring proxies for weapon did look and you can look in samples (used as learning material)

and you can see that bullet starts flying from the end of the barrel.

• Like 1

Ill post a video later, but that's normal in video games.

Incorrect, that is the case in Call of Duty and other shooters but in Arma the rounds actually originate from the barrel.

• Like 3

Are those pics OFP???? Look like it. Just took me waaaaay back haha

• Like 1

I was little wrong in the beginning because the soldiers always hold their weapon in shoulder position and not stomach/chest. When you right click the weapon straights up and you have to hold right click to zoom in the sight.

Yes that is actually from the demo mission where the officer talks to the guys. "Wait a moment, let me check in with that patrol".

Instantly recognized where it was. Has it been 15 years already?

Hold a rifle, or a broomstick/whatever as a rifle (shouldered) it looks just the same. It's called perspective. And you can't fire from the hip in this game, what people call hip fire is when the sights are not aligned with the eyes.

And yes the bullets do come out from the rifle in this game. There are defined points for breech and end of barrel in the model.

• Like 2

Yes that is actually from the demo mission where the officer talks to the guys. "Wait a moment, let me check in with that patrol".

Instantly recognized where it was. Has it been 15 years already?

Remember when the modders opened up the demo version of Malden? Completely barren outside of the demo area, but good times nonetheless.

Bullets do definitely originate from the gun's barrel and not the character models chest.  A simple test to check this is do a corner lean.  You'll notice that sometimes even when you can see a target that you are aiming at, you will still hit the wall in front of you.  That is because your view extends a bit further than the barrel of the gun and the gun's barrel is still hitting the wall in front of it.  This is quite a common problem which is why some people prefer to play with crosshairs on so that you can tell if you are aiming at the wall or the distant target.