Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Resistance patch 1.87 beta

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

OpFlash Standalone Server 1.87 (Win32, Beta) is available. It should fix mission list problem and improve desync / lag.

Edited by Maruk on Oct. 17 2002,17:27

<span id='postcolor'>

Mirror is available here

http://www.11enfield.eclipse.co.uk/ofp....eta.zip

quick question (for someone who has applied these). Do these just replace the .exe? or do they change other files as well? particularly the config.bin is my interest. thx

IM not sure- there is a folder/file /res/bin/config.bin so I would back up before hand just incase.

For information from Readme

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1.87  - New: Server can determine max. size of any single custom file acceptable on the server.

To do this add line MaxCustomFileSize=size_in_bytes into Flashpoint.cfg file.

Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

1.87  - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (console, totalSent, userSent)

(Requires 1.87 client)

1.87  - Fixed: An attempt to fix latency problems:

ThrottleGuaranteed is now 1, as it was in 1.75, not 10, as in 1.85.

Moreover, it can be configured in Flashpoint.cfg by adding ThrottleGuaranteed=value.

1.87  - Fixed: Too many dead bodies were kept on server in 1.85.

1.86  - Fixed: No missions visible after #missions.

<span id='postcolor'>

i've installed the 1.87 Server and the lag problem is completely gone!  The problem about #missions is still there, but the workaraund still works

Lupiae

Admin @ »TDK« Test Server (soon to lose the test part smile.gif )

[insert cool sentence]

I replaced the bin and resource file in the res folder as it said to in the 1.86 and 1.87 ded_server readme. So, i geuss thats right?

Is BI going to release this patch for the linux server too or will they wait for a higher version number?

Anyway, please write a guide so that we know how to update the servers. I do not want to patch my OFP at home and then have to re-upload everything, only the parts which were changed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lupiae @ Oct. 17 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i've installed the 1.87 Server and the lag problem is completely gone!  The problem about #missions is still there, but the workaraund still works<span id='postcolor'>

The problem about #missions was already fixed in 1.86 and it certainly should not be seen in 1.87. Are you able to reproduce it?

When you 1st type #missions now you see nothing you have to then click on another island you then see maps.

I see nothing new in 1.87 with the lag issue though.

Hi All,

Maruk or Suma, i have a question will there be a 1.87 patch for the people like myself who don't run a server but still have the lag problem and others? or will there be another big patch to update everyone also are you planning on releaseing any more coop missions? possibly in a patch? anyway thanks for your time and letting me post on your forum thanks

Tried out the 1.87 server side patch tonight...while I wait for the other players to check into our forums and post their oppinions, heres what I personally found:

Tanks dont show dammage properly...they seem to stay completely white longer and in some instances dont show any dammage until they are completely destroyed...both damage indicator and external tank skin.

Desync seems to be the same...possibly worse.

Once the other players have posted their thoughts in my forums Ill give a more thurough report.

**update...thus far all of the email and feedback Im getting from regular players on our server are reporting that they feel desync is worse in 1.87 than in 1.85 or 1.86

Gameplanet has been running 1.87 all day and feedback is that while it is better than 1.85 there is still some intermittant lag issues.

We believe BIS is getting very close to nailing this as lag is greatly reduced since 1.85, but not completely resolved.

(This is of course excluding player lag and network congestion)

We will give it a thorough testing again tonight with 20-30 players and try and provide some more feedback.

Squad [WOLF] Mirror:

opflashres_server187_Beta.zip

Regards,

Yeah,

We have been testing the 1.87 patch yesterday on the Stoners House of Pancakes server, both in sockets and DirectPlay. Conclusion is that periods of desync occur somewhat less frequently and are of less severity. But I cannot say we were all satisfied sad.gif.

I know this is to discuss Resistance, but the server I play on [Radishville] has been lagging to no end since the patch came out and the server is still running 1.49

Does anyone else have this problem?

Suma, the lag issues are nearly gone, woohooo.

nice work on fixing those problems, and im sorry for complaining earlier. smile.gif

I still get some desync while playing which is not unusual but since im on a decent server with a ping of 5 (yes 5) the lag can be quite distracting.

But godly wink.gif work on the patch anyway. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you 1st type #missions now you see nothing you have to then click on another island you then see maps.

I see nothing new in 1.87 with the lag issue though. <span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure this isnt what happend:

Desert Island was preselected and the server doesnt have any missions on Desert Island?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Oct. 18 2002,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you 1st type #missions now you see nothing you have to then click on another island you then see maps.

I see nothing new in 1.87 with the lag issue though. <span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure this isnt what happend:

Desert Island was preselected and the server doesnt have any missions on Desert Island?<span id='postcolor'>

The desert island by default has the map 2-8 Real Paintball.

Of course this may have been deleted, but it is there by default.

1.87 - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (console, totalSent, userSent)

(Requires 1.87 client)

<span id='postcolor'>

Has anyone been able to use this as it sais Client 1.87 required confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Oct. 17 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lupiae @ Oct. 17 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i've installed the 1.87 Server and the lag problem is completely gone!  The problem about #missions is still there, but the workaraund still works<span id='postcolor'>

The problem about #missions was already fixed in 1.86 and it certainly should not be seen in 1.87. Are you able to reproduce it?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes,I can reproduce it on some particular servers(NOT ALL 1.87beta server),like:

- games.himitsukichi.com

- SBI NetForce V.E.P.

You can find them on ingame server browser.These servers:

- have good ping for me(70ms or lower)

- rotate missions

When I type #missions in these servers,it shows Islands(Desert Island is pre-selected),but shows no mission.Then I select other Islands,it shows missions rarely(probability:10% or lower).

I have a router.A friend of mine without router has no problem in these servers.This might be a problem related with routers..

For 1.87 On Gameplanet #mission bug from 1.85 is partially fixed.

You type #missions and it will bring up a blank list with desert selected. But if you choose any other island, all missions are now available.

Also if you select back to desert, missions are now visible too.

This is 100% of the time. No variation whatsoever.

We use map cycle in server.cfg for about 20 missions.

We still get desync intermittantly, while we can have good gameplay for a while, the lag "spikes" (intermittant) are as bad as the lag in 1.85. CPU usage is about 20% more than 1.75 on most missions.

We also have server time out's for no explainable reason. I checked connection to server as soon as red square appeared and there were no packets lost and ping was good.

login and type #missions. when missions are not seen click ok and the maps are visible.

but the lags are still there as they were in 1.85. Desyncs of 10000 and so on.

Hope you will fix it finally soon ...

Shape

My first impression of 1.87 are quite positive - lag has decreased, and server performance increased (compared to 1.75). Where maps had 15-20 frames/s, they now have 20-30. Also while lag still persists to some degree, connection losses are less frequently.

BTW: Thanks for the possibility to limit custom faces/sounds!

Yes our server is running very well on 1.87, the 56Kers sometimes generate the "player is loosing connection" msg but rarely disconnect. The bandwidth useage seems up a little which can only be good, and although there are still spikes of bad lag and many players reporting that sometimes the game has client-side lag despite using setting that are the same as before. I say Client side lag as with server-side lag everyone else freezes but you can still run around, yet this client side lag freezes up people's screens. there also seems to be a randon - everyone disconnect bug when slecting a mission.

I've reinstalled OFP on the server, and after that the #missions works!! Wooohooo biggrin.gif

Lupiae

[insert cool sentence]