Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

I have PhII X4 955, GF GTX460. What framerate can I expect on medium details?

EDIT: I've got an invitation to Alpha Lite. I have around 35 fps :( with standard details (default). CPU load 55%, GPU load 35%. :eek:

Check your graphics card settings from desktop and make sure it's not trying to do thing like AA and AF and tessellation etc. In some cases the card is set to over ride game setting which can cause problems. Make sure you have everything set to 'Use application settings'.

WINDOWS 8

processor- amd fx 4100

videocard- amd hd radeon 7750

8gig of ram

I can only get around 20fps with all low in multiplayer why?

my other desktop

windows 7

processor- i7-2600

videocard- gt 530

this computer gets 30-35 fps in multiplayer. why does my windows 8 desktop do so horrible>?

processor- amd fx 4100

that's probably why.

anyway, the win7 desktop has a very slow gpu. I'd switch the gpu's around if you can, might have to switch the psu as well, and then just game on the i7-2600 machine. Maybe switch the ram as well if the amd system has more.

I have a GTX 680 however on the helicopter mission when the smoke starts appearing my FPS drops down to 20-25, I have added -cpucount=4 to my launch options but I haven't really noticed any differences I was wondering if someone with a GTX 680 SLI setup would tell me how much FPS they are getting.

I am using the auto detect settings in game to only option I have turned to low is PiP because my FPS is cars really does drop when the dust starts appearing.

PiP can clog up the cpu badly, I'd just turn it completely off or keep it on ultra, low->ultra doesnt seem to do anything for performance if you're cpu limted like most.

Hey guys, I currently have this system:

AMD Phenom II 955 BE

NVIDIA GTX 670

12GB DDR3 Ripjaw RAM

Windows 8 + Arma 3 installed on Samsung SSD

Anyways, I suspect that (for the first time really) I am seeing the limits of my current CPU. Do you think it might still be ok after some optimizations or do I need to upgrade?

Since AMD sadly hasn't really released anything massively better for gaming than the Phenom II I currently rock, upgrading would mean a new board for that I5 I'd probably get...

Thanks!

I'd sit it out for a couple months, there are new intel cpu's coming, probably in june. They'll probably perform better than ivy bridge cpu's at the same pricepoint.

Hello, I'm wondering if these settings would be able to run Arma 3/Arma 2. If anybody could please reply quickly, that would be much appreciated.

Specs-

Case- Fractal Design Core 1000 Micro ATX

CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Quad Core

GPU- EVGA Geforce GTX 650 1GB

RAM- Crucial Ballistix 8GB

Motherobard- BIOSTAR A880GZ AM3+ AMD

Power- CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W

Memory- Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM

OS- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Thanks!

Hello, I'm wondering if these settings would be able to run Arma 3/Arma 2. If anybody could please reply quickly, that would be much appreciated.

Specs-

Enough for single player, for multiplayer atm you would need:

Specs-

You can run multiplayer with about 20 - 30 FPS, i have the same processor with a 3.9GHz overclock and a EVGA 660 SC.

Hey, I want to be able to run Arma 3 on Very High/Ultra graphics.

I decided to upgrade my i3 to and i5-3570k Ivy bridge but I still need to decide on a new GPU (preferably NVIDIA). Any graphics cards that will be able to run it without being excessively expensive would be appreciated.

Hey, I want to be able to run Arma 3 on Very High/Ultra graphics.

I decided to upgrade my i3 to and i5-3570k Ivy bridge but I still need to decide on a new GPU (preferably NVIDIA). Any graphics cards that will be able to run it without being excessively expensive would be appreciated.

is arma3 the only reason for the upgrade? if so i would wait, as for video cards i have a EVGA 660SC and at 1080x1920 setting at high(not ultra) i get 60-80fps in bf3

I'm getting a new GPU in a few days, so my system will be:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4x3,2Ghz

6GB RAM

NVidia GTX285

Currently I'm playing with a GTS250 @ 512MB, so I'm curious if any major improvements will occur.

Second, I'm planning to buy new hardware in 3-4 months:

Intel i7 3770k Box

Nvidia GTX480

16GB RAM

I'd need to use this system to either play on very high/ultra graphics or record for videos on medium graphics.

Any tips & tricks?

what settings/fps do you guys think i can get with

i5 3570k

4 gigs ram

Geforce gtx 465 1 gig

im worried about my video card...

i just finished a build stats for my new sys are as follows

i5 3570 @ 4.2 \ asrock fatality ocer's pro mb \ 25 gig ddr3 ram \ duel gtx 570's :computer:

upgraded from a e8500 core 2 duo \ 750i ftw mb \ gtx 460 \ and 8 gig ddr2 :smash:

shouldent have to many probs runnin arma 3 i would think

So, on the editor, the game runs pretty well, I'd say at about 50 FPS.

But when in multiplayer, specifically wasteland I get 28 FPS normal, where as in DZS I get also 50 FPS.

But where I really take a performance hit is when scripted AI, a lot of them more so are around, that destroys my FPS.

I was just wondering if there is a way to get better performance, I don't exactly have cash pouring out my pockets so is there any way to improve FPS while still keeping decent looking settings?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz Quad core

Nvidia Geforce GTX 550Ti 1GB

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit

Ram: 12GB

Motherboard model: TA870U3+

I also noticed, when I play, that my four cores usually don't go above 70% and my GPU is screaming at 84 degrees Celsius and max usage.

Any way to improve performance? And also how does my computer specs just simply stand up?

Also, I'm new to BIforums, not to arma played since arma 2 though. Hi.

Thanks.

Sorry didn't mean to put a title, didn't think it was optional.

You will still only get 25fps on the helicopter mission using the auto detect settings :)

CROSSFIRE?

I saw a thread (can't find it now) where there was a parameter you could add to something to force SLI to partially work. But I have seen no such option for crossfire. Is there anyway to get crossfire to work like using some sort of ARMA II trick, or is it going to be a horrifically long wait until final release of game and then wait and see if AMD bother to update a driver? (I use 2 x HD5870)

You'll be mostly cpu limited anyway, I dont think good crossfire support will help you much. Higher average fps maybe, but min fps will be the same (or more likely, worse).

I play arma 2, and the older arma games, but on arma 2 I only get around 8-12fps with this setup sometimes if I'm lucky (few AI around) I get around 20.

AMD FX-4100 quad-core cpu 3.6GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 SC

8GB G.SKILL sniper DDR3 1333 MHz

I play arma 2, and the older arma games, but on arma 2 I only get around 8-12fps with this setup sometimes if I'm lucky (few AI around) I get around 20.

AMD FX-4100 quad-core cpu 3.6GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 SC

8GB G.SKILL sniper DDR3 1333 MHz

Try and OC that CPU a bit...

Yay!

Hello I Have decided to recently decided to Switch to Pc gamming due to sonys ps3 not being very good recently and the under acheivng capabilities the ps4 will bring but anyways i want to know what is a good Tower for Arma 3 That is under $ 2,500 Canadian.

I'd suggest waiting for Intel's new Haswell and Nvidia or AMD's upcoming GTX 700 or HD 8000 series GPUs.

Haswell is around April and the new GPU series aren't far too.

It's pretty much personal preference really, between Nvidia and AMD.

Me, I prefer Nvidia because I'm fond of it and most of my friends use Nvidia too.

I generally find Nvidia's drivers stable, even the Beta versions but I can't speak for AMD because I don't have experience with their cards.

A small plus is PhysX, from time to time there is a game that comes out with GPU-accelerated PhysX (ArmA 3 uses CPU PhysX), it's just a nice thing to have. Like in Borderlands 2 and Metro 2033.