Where do i put this? do i replace the last three lines in SHK_fastrope.sqf with this?

Basically yes. Or you can just get the new version.

• Like 1

Thx

for RHS:

["RHS_UH60_base",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,-0.49]]],
  ["RHS_UH1_base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.95,3,-0.9],[-0.95,3,-0.9]]],

;)

Thx

for RHS:

["RHS_UH60_base",["DoorRB"],[[1.44,1.93,-0.49]]],

["RHS_UH1_base",["DoorLB","DoorRB"],[[0.95,3,-0.9],[-0.95,3,-0.9]]],

;)

Added, thanks!

Does anyone have rest of the RHS door names?

would love to see a version where the actions are done through ACE_Interaction :) 

Top work though. :) 

Hi!
Thank's for this script :)

I know that your version is oriented player but in the original version, there was a small very practical thing when using Ai, and maybe you could manage to insert back into your.
In the version of Zlt, when we rappelling down...

...the pilot
did not follow us... ^_^

even
if it was part of the group.
The discovery of this change was a big moment.

best_animated_images_cobra_helicopter_cr

would love to see a version where the actions are done through ACE_Interaction :)

Top work though. :)

Hi!

Thank's for this script :)

I know that your version is oriented player but in the original version, there was a small very practical thing when using Ai, and maybe you could manage to insert back into your.

In the version of Zlt, when we rappelling down...

...the pilot did not follow us... ^_^

even if it was part of the group.

The discovery of this change was a big moment.

Version 1.20
Added: Support for ACE interaction menu
Added: AI groups can be fast-roped
Changed: Descending code, now attached to rope instead of slowed free-fall

Hopefully, I didn't break anything. If I did, please tell me!
  • Like 1

Then everyone would need to get the addon to play. ;)

Anyway, as I said, I don't know how to make one. People are free to add the script to whatever addons they want.

I will like make a addon version only if you let me

Go ahead. As I said, the original idea of this script isn't even mine. If you make an addon out of this, it would be a good example of the Arma community spirit. :)

IS there any way for me, to enable the rope tossing for pilots and co-pilots? (Maybe even disable it for the players in the cargo?)

Would it be possible to make it a server only addon so that clients dont need to download it?

Would it be possible to make it a server only addon so that clients dont need to download it?

It´s part of the mission. I think there was no need to bother the Server with it...

Or what do you mean?

Version 1.20
Added: Support for ACE interaction menu
Added: AI groups can be fast-roped
Changed: Descending code, now attached to rope instead of slowed free-fall

Hopefully, I didn't break anything. If I did, please tell me!

Have you test it with ACE3 ?

the only way i get it to run, is this...

// If ACE is loaded, use ACE interaction menu

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then {

private ["_heli","_actMenu","_actCreate","_actCut","_actUse"];

_heli = objectParent player;

_actMenu = ["SHK_Fastrope", "Fast-rope", "", {}, {true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actCreate = ["SHK_Fastrope_createRopes",STR_TOSS_ROPES, "", SHK_Fastrope_fnc_createRopes, {call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_canCreate}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actCut = ["SHK_Fastrope_cutRopes",STR_CUT_ROPES, "", SHK_Fastrope_fnc_cutRopes, {count (objectParent player getVariable ["SHK_Fastrope_Ropes",[]]) > 0}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actUse = ["SHK_Fastrope_fastRope",STR_FAST_ROPE, "", {[] spawn SHK_Fastrope_fnc_queueUp}, {call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_canFastrope}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions], _actMenu] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actCreate] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actCut] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actUse] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

} else { // No ACE found, add normal actions

call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_addActions;

player addEventHandler ["Respawn",{call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_addActions;}];

};

can you confirm that??

Greetz Cyb

Go ahead. As I said, the original idea of this script isn't even mine. If you make an addon out of this, it would be a good example of the Arma community spirit. :)

hello the addon is ready I would like to give you the source and pbo file ready for that you share it and publish how a addon versions

// If ACE is loaded, use ACE interaction menu

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then {

private ["_heli","_actMenu","_actCreate","_actCut","_actUse"];

_heli = objectParent player;

_actMenu = ["SHK_Fastrope", "Fast-rope", "", {}, {true}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actCreate = ["SHK_Fastrope_createRopes",STR_TOSS_ROPES, "", SHK_Fastrope_fnc_createRopes, {call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_canCreate}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actCut = ["SHK_Fastrope_cutRopes",STR_CUT_ROPES, "", SHK_Fastrope_fnc_cutRopes, {count (objectParent player getVariable ["SHK_Fastrope_Ropes",[]]) > 0}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

_actUse = ["SHK_Fastrope_fastRope",STR_FAST_ROPE, "", {[] spawn SHK_Fastrope_fnc_queueUp}, {call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_canFastrope}] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions], _actMenu] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actCreate] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actCut] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

[player, 1, ["ACE_SelfActions","SHK_Fastrope], _actUse] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

} else { // No ACE found, add normal actions

call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_addActions;

player addEventHandler ["Respawn",{call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_addActions;}];

};

can you confirm that??

Greetz Cyb

Ah, brain fart on my part. I'll fix it ASAP.

Not sure if a known issue, but fast roping onto roofs doesnt exactly work :) the bodies just go through the building and onto the ground.

Not sure if a known issue, but fast roping onto roofs doesnt exactly work :) the bodies just go through the building and onto the ground.

Yeah, currently it just checks with getposATL until unit is on the ground. Ideas how to detect roofs etc are welcome.

The whole system works on actions, which naturally means they are local to the player. Making a server-sided system would be unnecessary complicated.

can you confirm that??

Greetz Cyb

Version 1.21
Fixed:   ACE actions (thanks cyborg111)
Added:   Roof detection; detect end of rope instead of ground (for delta_actual)
  • Like 1

Hmmm there seems to be something about this script that disallows zeus from remote controlling pilots. I try to remote control an ai pilot, it zooms in, but then immediately release UAV control.

EDIT: Actually It does this for any helicopter where a player is in. If there is no player in it, you can remote control the ai in it no problem. After further testing It also disallows remote controling any ai inside a player-boarded helicopter (passenger,gunner, co, pilot, and position). It just spits you back out to zeus interface.

Found out when i tried to use zeus to make an ai pilot take me somewhere so i can toss rope to test. Had to do it that way because if you have the ai pilot in your group, he fast ropes along with you :P.

EDIT 2: Animation when fastroping down isnt smooth like before:

Animation from pilots perspective is different, The fast ropers just teleport.

*dedicated server

*used 1.21

Hmmm there seems to be something about this script that disallows zeus from remote controlling pilots. I try to remote control an ai pilot, it zooms in, but then immediately release UAV control.

EDIT: Actually It does this for any helicopter where a player is in. If there is no player in it, you can remote control the ai in it no problem. After further testing It also disallows remote controling any ai inside a player-boarded helicopter (passenger,gunner, co, pilot, and position). It just spits you back out to zeus interface.

Found out when i tried to use zeus to make an ai pilot take me somewhere so i can toss rope to test. Had to do it that way because if you have the ai pilot in your group, he fast ropes along with you :P.

Shuko, in Zenophon's framework fastrope function, he has parameters which allow the script writer to specify only units (AI that is) in the cargo section of a helo to fastrope. I'm not great at scripting, and don't know if this is really vital to your interests, but hope it helps address the above last point.

Otherwise, awesome! Zenophon's framework uses some other kludge mechanic to create the ropes, so I think he made a note that his ropes do not use physics behavior. And he kludged the movement by stepping the player in increments down the rope.

I'm not complaining in any way about either method. I've used his fastrope to much fun effect (avoids AI trying to crash land in close forest area), and i'm going to try out yours.

Thanks for sharing...

I really like to see AI's using fast rope alone, not with human players.Can do this?Is it possible?

Changed: Reverted back to free-fall descending instead of attached to rope
Fixed:   Only units in cargo can fast-rope. Now grouped AI pilot should not follow
Added:   Access level setting for tossing and cutting (for Moon_chilD)
Added:   Fail-safe to prevent units getting stuck at the lower end of the rope

IS there any way for me, to enable the rope tossing for pilots and co-pilots? (Maybe even disable it for the players in the cargo?)

I've added an access level variable. You can change it in the script file or just overwrite it after you've included/loaded the script.

Variable is called SHK_Fastrope_AccessLevel and levels are 0 = everyone (default), 1 = cargo only, 2 = pilots only.

EDIT 2: Animation when fastroping down isnt smooth like before:

I changed back to the slowed free-fall method of descend. Should be smoother now again? However, with the Zeus problem I completely out of clue. The script really doesn't affect units at all, apart from the moment they are descending. Anyone, any ideas?

Shuko, in Zenophon's framework fastrope function, he has parameters which allow the script writer to specify only units (AI that is) in the cargo section of a helo to fastrope. I'm not great at scripting, and don't know if this is really vital to your interests, but hope it helps address the above last point.

Otherwise, awesome! Zenophon's framework uses some other kludge mechanic to create the ropes, so I think he made a note that his ropes do not use physics behavior. And he kludged the movement by stepping the player in increments down the rope.

I'm not complaining in any way about either method. I've used his fastrope to much fun effect (avoids AI trying to crash land in close forest area), and i'm going to try out yours.

Complaints/criticizing is fine, that's how improvements can be made. This script currently allows full AI group fast-roping as well as AI's in a player's group. Either way, only units in the cargo space can fast-rope.

Thanks for sharing...

I really like to see AI's using fast rope alone, not with human players.Can do this?Is it possible?

Yes it is. You can call the function with a group parameter or an array of units.

grpAI call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_AIs;
[unit1,unit2,unit3] call SHK_Fastrope_fnc_AIs;
  • Like 3

I've added an access level variable. You can change it in the script file or just overwrite it after you've included/loaded the script.

Variable is called SHK_Fastrope_AccessLevel and levels are 0 = everyone (default), 1 = cargo only, 2 = pilots only.

Very nice of you!

(Man and I thought my question got ignored xD)