gravitytr1

Major sound bug in all ARMA games!

After repairing my Windows 7, ARMA3 is the only application I have that does NOT have any sound whatsoever.

Some things I tried (can't even list all of them!):

Played around with audio devices in device manager (updated drivers, uninstalled all but one audio device)

Direct X update.

AMD updates.

Realtek updates, uninstalls and reinstalls.

Fiddled around for a loooong time in the Realtek application.

Did a ton of random stuff found on google such as "troubleshooting compatibility," reinstalling ARMA (and deleting the folder manually), unplugging USBs, deleting the files in My Documents, etc. Installed openAL. Heck, I even tried doing the Windows Media Player setup (which I never use)

Played around in the BIOS (only had one weird option)

Additionally, Breaking point (which uses a separate launcher) and DayZ (a stand alone ARMA2 game) also have no sound! What can this be?! Every other program and game have sound with no issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

PS (obviously reinstalling windows on a clean partition might help, but there's a reason why I cannot do that and why I am asking for help. Please don't recommend it.)

Same thing happened to me, one day all sound decided to stop.. i was on Dev Branch, i changed to stable and sound came back, after a while i changed back to Dev Branch and sound still works, i have no idea how or why but that fixed it for me.

Same thing happened to me, one day all sound decided to stop.. i was on Dev Branch, i changed to stable and sound came back, after a while i changed back to Dev Branch and sound still works, i have no idea how or why but that fixed it for me.

I will try this ASAP, and report back!

EDIT: It did not work! :( Any other ideas?

Did you check the integrity of your files in Steam?

Yes, it also did not work :\

have you checked the windows volume control once you started the game?

just alt tab and klick on the speak icon bottom right and look for arma 3 it might have muted it

have you checked the windows volume control once you started the game?

just alt tab and klick on the speak icon bottom right and look for arma 3 it might have muted it

Yes, I have. It is weird because the volume mixer sees the game (be it arma or dayz) and I can play around with the sound, but there is no green bar indicator fluctuating telling me that the app is producing any sound at all.

And if you right klik on it and open the output manager? is maybe a device selected as stnadard that does not have any phisical sound?

And if you right klik on it and open the output manager? is maybe a device selected as stnadard that does not have any phisical sound?

Tried that several times too. I had like 6 AMD devices and 2 realteks (idk why I have so many AMDs, but they disappear when I disable the AMD driver in device manager). Only one realtek device is enabled and set to default.

Have you updated windows yet? there is a hotfix somewhere on the microsoft site that fixes and error of the sound falling away. might be related

Have you updated windows yet? there is a hotfix somewhere on the microsoft site that fixes and error of the sound falling away. might be related

I will do so tonight. After the recent windows install, I decided to forgo updates so I won't have to deal with my PC begging me to install W10 every 5 minutes, but if it will fix arma, so be it.

Will report back tomorrow.

I can help with the Windows 10 crap...

Let windows do all the updates (restart) and then using the RUN window:

WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583

This uninstalls the Windows 10 upgrade reminder

I can help with the Windows 10 crap...

Let windows do all the updates (restart) and then using the RUN window:

WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583

This uninstalls the Windows 10 upgrade reminder

So, I did like 80 updates thus far, but there's still more. No sound thus far, I will continue doing them. In the meantime, do you have any other ideas?

Hi did you solve your problem?

have you tried dxdiag? what are the results 

Greets

Hello!

I have, I am not sure it works, but when I flip the pages of the report all I see is "No problems found." in the notes section.

I Have 2 sugestions:

- Try to make another profile in the game and restart the game

- Change the number of Sound Sorces in Game, in the audio settings

I Have 2 sugestions:

- Try to make another profile in the game and restart the game

- Change the number of Sound Sorces in Game, in the audio settings

Both good ideas, but they did not work! Any other ideas?

Have you headphones or other human devices / peripherals attached ? Try unplugging them. In device manager anything with ! Next to it ? Play an mp3 while launching, does the sound continue or stop ?

Have you headphones or other human devices / peripherals attached ? Try unplugging them. In device manager anything with ! Next to it ? Play an mp3 while launching, does the sound continue or stop ?

Apologies for late reply. I have a logitech 2.1 attached to the motherboard and a headphone attached to that, but I tried playing around with the connections to no avail. My videos play while launching the game, no problem.

Any other ideas?

Have you seen the other thread on sound bugs? Do you have -cpuCount=1? If so, try removing it.

I'd like to try piggy backing on this thread to say I'm experiencing something similar.  Although I do have partial sound.  Some sounds (like grenades, plane sounds, chopper sounds) are missing.  I hear nothing when being bombarded.

I've tried updating audio drivers of my Gaming 5 mobo, checking the playback devices on windows (using headphones on front jack), changed CPU count, and tried dragonfyre sound mod.  None have fixed issues.

Any suggestions?