Jonesy840

Made a mission with wrong addons, how do i change it without reworking mission?

So i've made a mission for a community public server and during the finishing stages noticed that it cannot be played unless those playing it have Blastcore Phoneix, is there any way or method to which i can remove the blastcore element so that the mission can be played. Without remaking the mission entirely?

backup the mission file "just in case" than go into your Arma 3 missions folder and the mission's SQM file you want to edit and under "addOns[]={" & "};addOnsAuto[]={" look for and erase the blastcore element addon name and you should be good.

Just wanted to add that the folder you are looking for is in My documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\profilename in arma\missions

and the file is called mission.sqm inside the "name of mission"-folder.

• Like 1

Yeah just like they said, open the file with Notepad++ for example. Then change the names/values you want to change. :)

Yeah just like they said, open the file with Notepad++ for example. Then change the names/values you want to change. :)

..and let me add..

With the use of Notepad++ you can change factions/equipment/u name it ..on-the-fly.

i.e

In a complex mission folder you can search for a specific faction name (OPF_F)

and make changes EVERYWHERE IN that folder where name OPF_F is mentioned replacing it with

another (i.e lop_ISTS)

Same goes for equipment..and everything else.

notepadplusplus_zpsotnus4bx.gif

Yes at the beginning in the mission.sqm is a addons list. Delete the addon files (should be the last) and it works.