Let's wait for first release then we can think about the rest! Do you have an ETA kydoimos?

@Alex150201 - No ETA as yet, but I could always PBO what I've got so far and post a link? :)

• Like 1

@150201 - No ETA as yet, but I could always PBO what I've got so far and post a link? :)

Very much this good sir!

@Kydoimos

Firstly did you purposely did the @lex150201 or did you miss the A? Secondly do you mean post a link for everyone or send the drop box to some people only?

Firstly did you purposely did the @lex150201 or did you miss the A? Secondly do you mean post a link for everyone or send the drop box to some people only?

@Alex150201

Lol, I missed the 'Alex'! Apologies, reminds me of that old television series, The Prisoner: 'I'm not a number, I'm a free man!' :P

In relation to the Dropbox link, I'll post it here (at the beginning of the thread, perhaps?). Might have to wait until next week, but I'll put up what I've got so far. Might require some scripting magic to really take advantage of the objects and dialog. images - but I could probably cobble something together for a little demo mission!

Ah - and also, Resist - yes, this baby is nearly finished! Got the final release pencilled in for the end of the month! Bad Benson is just working on some last minute animations which will either arrive with the release or as a later update!

• Like 1

OH YES! So Resist wasnt done yet! Awesome, I am waiting for the last mission then! A little demo mission for the mod would be amazing. Also, custom animations? Can you PM me a config with the animations and how to get them in the game because I am trying to make a fast rope script, I made the ropes, I made an animation and now I can't put it in game.

@Alex150201 - Try something like this for your animation config:

class CfgMovesBasic;
class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic
{
    skeletonName="OFP2_ManSkeleton";
    gestures="CfgGesturesMale";
    class States
    {
        class CutSceneAnimationBase;   

class Drakon_Briefing: CutSceneAnimationBase
		{
			file="\Resist\Animations\Resist_cutscene_2_Drakon_1";
			head="empty";
			terminal=1;
			looped=0;
			speed=0.0072880002;
			ConnectTo[]=
			{
				"AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon",
			};
			InterpolateTo[]={};
		};

You'll need to mess about with things like 'interpolateTo' and 'ConnectTo', maybe even 'InterpolateFrom' as well. You'll also need a death animation, I guess? In case the character gets shot while they're fast roping? Have a little look at the A3 animation's config and also, Smookie's wonderful thread! Very helpful stuff in there :)

Also, regarding the last mission, I'm still working on Resist, but it's still only 5 missions - that said, I've spent the last six months creating a whole bundle of extras - from new objects, uniforms and textures, to fixes and optimisations. New, Armaverse-themed content though, is on the agenda for early 2016...

Okay guys, I'll be posting content as it is finished. I need to render some images for dialog and inventory icons, so it'll take me a little bit of time. But over the coming weeks, I aim to be releasing as much as possible via Dropbox links.

Here's the first and most prestigious medal of the set, the Cross of Honor:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvrwhxmckb4br4u/Cross%20of%20Honor.zip?dl=0

Moreover, I'll be putting together as many PSD files as I can, so you can edit the medals with ease.

• Like 1

Here's a download for the Marksman's Medal;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbx8q8y5wc7zdmo/Marksman%20Medal.zip?dl=0

It's got a PSD file, so you guys can re-texture it. You'll have to do your own NOHQ and SMDI files though! But the colouring on the SMDI in the PSD should help. Enjoy! 

Don't forget, if you want to use the PNG files in-game, they need to be 512x512, 1024x1024, etc. The dialog and information images aren't re-sized, so you'll need to do that. And don't forget the _ca extension! :D

• Like 1

Altian Service Medal. It's a generic rounded medal P3D, which should be good for customising. It has defined HiddenSelections too, and a PSD file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmrgy92v18bzgv2/Altian%20Service%20Medal.zip?dl=0

Enjoy! If anyone needs help getting it in-game, with the config and model.cfg, do shoot me a line :)

you could try dDo legacy (free Photoshop plugin) from quixel to give them a quick texture / a material. With the onboard toolbag "light" viewer and it's "eyecandy" settings you could propably get some very nice shiny renders without much efford and much easier then in blender. Right now the metal looks kinda flat/ not shiny, and the details don't really show on the renders.

In fact, it might be easier to do just the basic base geometry (a star, a disk, ...) and create the relief with a normal map manually in Photoshop, via nDo2 legacy (free).

Especially the relief is what makes medals interesting to look at (random example).The Base shape is mostly pretty simple.

• Like 1

@x3kj - thanks for the tip matey!

In fact, it might be easier to do just the basic base geometry (a star, a disk, ...) and create the relief with a normal map

This is exactly what I've done, but in the renders, I haven't allowed enough glossiness and the normal map strength is too low; what I'll do is re-render the set when they're all finished :)

Does this look any better? More gloss maybe? Increased normal map strength?

Cross%20of%20Honor%20Dialog_zpstjqmusem.

• Like 4

It looks better then the first ones. I would still suggest you give dDo + the renderer a try.

Example: Simple Normalmap i googled (bad quality) and slapped a bronze, copper, chrome and gold base material on it, made a screen for all the enviroment lights

screen063zjje.pngscreen07d3jaf.pngscreen080ckjp.pngscreen09kgk6t.pngscreen109jk07.png

• Like 1

@X3KJ - nice! Thanks for the examples - I see what you mean, they look good (and smooth / clear)! I'll experiment with that tonight and see if I can get some better renders for the dialog / inventory icons! In-game, I've basically used the SMDI / diffuse colouring from the DLC Kart trophies - though I might need to tone down the specular power a tad. Thanks ever so much for your input / feedback, I'm still finding my way as a mod-maker and I'm really keen to produce things to the very best of my ability! :D

To have proper metal reflection you need a RGB specular map. A grey spec map can only properly replicate plastic materials. That's why in arma you will never be able to have nice realistic shiny metals in the game - their reflection is just like that of plastic as you can only use greyscale specular maps.

Idk if the blender renderer can use rgb specular maps... So maybe this is doable in blender with a lot of tweaking. I just recommended dDo because its so easy and quick to get this result.

https://youtu.be/LNwMJeWFr0U?t=5m58s touches upon this

@x3kj - thanks so much, for that - interesting what you say about the RGB specular map! I'll definitely give nDo2 Legacy a go, see what magic I can work with it - and thanks for the tutorial link too. I have shed loads to learn, but it's great fun making progress! Thanks again!

Right, here we go - finally nailed the UI for the NATO medals. I did have some success with 'shiny' renders, using X3KJ's approach - but in the end, I went for a semi-shiny look, so as they were in keeping with Arma 3's existing UI items (which have a fairly matt finish).

Medal%20Promo_zpsb692p3fd.png

• Like 2

Looking forward to getting these in a mission. Can't seem to config the models though. Got the Png's in there as a RSC. Are you ok if I  add custom text to the ribbon portion for the mission? I will of course credit you in the readme. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to getting these in a mission. Can't seem to config the models though. Got the Png's in there as a RSC. Are you ok if I  add custom text to the ribbon portion for the mission? I will of course credit you in the readme.

Hi matey! I haven't properly released the models yet :P I know there were some Dropbox links earlier in this thread, but they'll be redundant soon. I'm planning on a release file later today! You should have everything you need in there - and of course, edit and modify as you see fit! Credit in a readme is always welcomed, thank you! :D

looks pretty good :icon14:

Thanks man! I really value your opinion! :D And thanks again for steering me on the right track - I still got a lot to learn!

• Like 3

Right guys! Here we go - this is a link to all the editable files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlth0kaiz62a4ab/Arma%203%20Medals.zip?dl=0

What I plan to do is compile this with an addon, in case people want to use the models straight away, without doing any configuring themselves. All the PSD and P3D files are there, though! Have fun!

If you don't own Photoshop, download Paint.net for free, then get the Photoshop plugin - you'll be able to edit them as normal that way.

Oh, I've included a colour chart too, so you can get the bronze, silver, and gold specular / diffuse colours correct :P

• Like 1