Sign in to follow this  
shadow

General about 1.85 patch

I'm really sorry that I can't afford the time to read ALL the previous posts....

But I always have the following problem since OFP-Resistance:

When I'm in single-player mode to play a single Mission or campaign missions, it's absolutely impossible to use the ladders to the rooftops of the 2-/4-/8-Floor apartments or the Big house? (Rathaus) in Lipany....(in Multiplayer-mode the ladders to the rooftops may be used, no problem there)

None of the ladders to the rooftops of the bigger houses may be used in Single Player Missions / campaign missions...

This is really bad, the rooftops give you a very good command / scout viewpoint over the battlefield to give orders your troops..

The only solution I've found so far is to add appartment-buildings from Kegetys KEG Resistance Editor Update V1.11 to my missions / islands.

( http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=214 )

Is there a chance to have the problem fixed?

Please, make it happen, the missing feature means much less fun in singleplayer Missions.

with friendly greetings, Nekkekami

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Nov. 10 2002,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, amen!  smile.gif

But I can understand your amazement! The only thing that makes me sad, is that many german squads or clans for OFP have shut themselves down (for which reasons however...  ) .

Maybe I`ll have to join a clan from another country then. Think I`ll take a country where I`d like to live or make holiday in  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We (the german -[uTw]- clan) are always searching for new members.

If you are interested get in touch with our clan leader: madpro@utw-squad.de

Furthermore you can find our webpage here!

(sorry @ mods for the shameless pimping, but with the few players out there, you have to be fast to get new members)

Now back on topic: Did anyone read that huge post of mine, a few pages back? I would really appreciate some comments on my ideas. Maybe this would wake BIS' attention if some of you gave your input. I think that most of them are really neccessary changes.

@ Nyles, you made many very good suggestions for the game!

Read his post folks, it's worth it.

Is there a chance to get an answer to my post about the problem with the rooftops in Singleplayer missions? Please...

And by the way:

Here you'll find pictures of the 9K32 Strela-rocket:

http://www.army.fr.pl/uzbr/sa7.php

Please put a picture of the strela rocket in the game....

With friendly greetings, Nekke

I have some suggestion to bis. Please make the soldiers rank visible in the mp lobby(private, corporal etc.). It would be handy to know in that point who is the next in command if the leader dies. Chain of command is not always 1->2->3... in the lobby, it depends in which order you put them in your map in the editor. Correct me if i´am talkin bs here.

I noticed that T55 came into the EAST side list, have anymore people seen that? Anyway, The patch was good, but for next patch could you add function so its possible to have a trailer, like a wagon, or like a bandwagon.. It would be great, instead of useing bad scripts...

Maybe create a (F)SDK pack with tools, and also may support the Mod community so they can make their own "menus" of some kind.. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([GNC]Nekkekami @ Nov. 12 2002,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@ Nyles, you made many very good suggestions for the game!<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with that, too!! smile.gif

This may have been addressed. I won't call it a complaint. Let's call it an observation. I have RES installed, US Version, with patch also installed.

Soldiers can run through walls and buildings. If they die beside a wall, half of them sticks out one side, and the other half sticks out the opposite.

Side note: I just updated my Ge-Force driver last night. A new driver, version 40.72 was released about a week ago. It has new features.

I did notice that my video fps seemed to be a whole lot faster.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Nov. 22 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><Snip>

Side note: I just updated my Ge-Force driver last night. A new driver, version 40.72 was released about a week ago. It has new features.

I did notice that my video fps seemed to be a whole lot faster.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure which Detonators you had prior to V40.72, but there hasn't been a massive performance increase in quite a while, with the exception of some advanced shaders that aren't really used by OFP (that's why the Nature scores in 3DMark SE are way up with the new Detonators).

The most likely reason for a performance improvement has to do with loosing some Direct3D settings when a new driver is installed. In particular, the Mipmap and Anisotropic Filtering settings are reset, which would give you more FPS in exchange for poorer visual quality.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The most likely reason for a performance improvement has to do with loosing some Direct3D settings when a new driver is installed. In particular, the Mipmap and Anisotropic Filtering settings are reset, which would give you more FPS in exchange for poorer visual quality.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but I reset eveything back to where I had them, Anisotropic on...etc. I did delete a bunch of addons which may have helped too