cleggy

M1117 Guardian ASV [WIP]

What made you want to create this beast?

Well, I like modelling vehicles that are under represented or unusual (less competition you see!).:p

Also, I look for things that might be a challenge for me on the modelling side, as it's the best way to learn new techniques.

This particular vehicle was pointed out to me by forum member AccuracyThruVolume, so blame him if it all goes to hell ....

Now I have like a bunch of other people been playing armored warfare. There are these 2 variants are in the game, do you think you may add them? Or will you stick with ASV variant?

90mm AT Gun

V150_90mm.jpg

20mm Autocannon

lav150_sdflkdlk1.jpg

Well, I like modelling vehicles that are under represented or unusual (less competition you see!).:p

Also, I look for things that might be a challenge for me on the modelling side, as it's the best way to learn new techniques.

This particular vehicle was pointed out to me by forum member AccuracyThruVolume, so blame him if it all goes to hell ....

Next project: Toyota Prius, please. That way we can transport soldiers in the most ecological way. :D

• Like 1

do you think you may add them?

Although temptingly 'over-the-top', one thing at a time please!

Next project: Toyota Prius, please. That way we can transport soldiers in the most ecological way. :D

Excuse me, but I do the jokes around here....

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I do the jokes around here....

Who said I was joking? :O

• Like 1

If you want to do something diffirent,try to add something with AA-missiles on it,like Pookies Sam-system.We don`t see any of that yet.

Looking beautiful.

Any chance we'll get it in liveries for ArmA 3 factions? Thinking specifically generic NATO and AAF Digicam...

If you want to do something diffirent,try to add something with AA-missiles on it,like Pookies Sam-system.We don`t see any of that yet.

Looking beautiful.

Any chance we'll get it in liveries for ArmA 3 factions? Thinking specifically generic NATO and AAF Digicam...

thanks for the suggestions and apologies for the late reply - I had a bit of bother signing in on the new forum

(less said the better) ....

With regard to different versions: My first thoughts would be to do an APC version with the extended roofline

and OG-PK turret. I haven't seen an AA version tbh.

Textures: not my favourite part of the whole process - so I may have to blackmail someone else to

help me out there! A NATO desert and woodland camo would be the most logical first step I suppose.

• Like 1

Greetings!

Here's a new WIP shot of the 'Grauniad' in it's factory paint job....

factory2.jpg

I think I've got most of the bits on for a 'vanilla' vehicle and surprisingly Buldozer hasn't complained yet!

Now playing with my normals and (God help me) the interior.

Plus, I think I've found my inspiration for a new variant!

madmax.jpg

• Like 5

Greetings

It's been a while, so I thought I'd bother you with some more WIP of 'Project Guardian'.

Progress is a bit slow but I'm not so much 'asleep at the wheel' more 'pushing it home'.... :)

side_1.jpg

cockpit_1.jpg

interior.jpg

• Like 9

This will be a nice addition to the game! Looking good!

Looks spiffing sire! Hats off and tea drunk with the pinky out, pit pit whaff whaff

The quality level is somewhere on the top! :D But what about release? Or development freezed?

The quality level is somewhere on the top! :D But what about release? Or development freezed?

Thanks for asking - but it's against the forum rules you know!

It is just about ready to release, but with all the Christmas releases from the BIG modders

I thought I would wait until the new year .... :P

• Like 3

Oops! Guess i didn't read the rules again :o I'm asked cuz i start to make the same model, but if yours is going to be released i will switch to another project...

It is just about ready to release, but with all the Christmas releases from the BIG modders

I thought I would wait until the new year .... :P

That will be an awesome post-Christmas gift :)

(or for Three Kings, for those who get gifts on the Ephiphany day).

Can't wait for your fine art!

Just a request, since I believe this vehicle fits the vanilla Arma units extremely well. Any chance you could add all of the vanilla camo patterns to it? AAF, FIA, CSAT, NATO, CTRG, ect? I always want to integrate new vehicles into my missions but not having proper camo ruins it for me. >.<

Thanks for the replies

Any chance you could add all of the vanilla camo patterns to it? AAF, FIA, CSAT, NATO, CTRG, ect?

Well, the thing is this .... texturing and I ... we just don't get along  :angry:  

To be more precise the lousy way I've done the UV mapping doesn't lend itself

to certain camo schemes like the all over hex pattern ... I can't see how I could

marry up the pattern and scaling on the UV islands without a lot of swearing and self flagellation.

Having said that it is set up for 'HiddenSelections' so if anyone wants to give it a go ... be my guest!